Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Keenan benched Leetch in 94, against the Devils.

Nothing should be off the table.
Agree, sit him tomorrow. List him as upper and lower body injury.
All the ex-players who have played alongside Chad and hockey pundits are all in agreement, Ruhwedel is a guy who you forget about and when he is needed he doesn’t miss a beat.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It’s not the obvious though… because it was two days after playing that he felt ill, the day after he “exerted” he felt “great”… that’s what makes me optimistic. Occam’s Razor here would say he is/was actually ill. But anything is possible.
Was it reported that Chytil felt fine the next day, or was it reported that Chytil felt fine immediately after the game.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Yes blowing a game up 2-0 is not the same as up 3-0 but the Rangers the last two years have shown to be prone to collapses. Against Tampa Bay it's one thing. Against the Devils they had a 2-0 road lead where they won by a combined score of 10-2 and then should have won game 3. Instead they got f***ing embarrassed by a team that got embarrassed by this Canes team that somehow annhilated them. Oh and missed the playoffs this year. Seriously, what has this team shown that you can trust them? Also, this part is more voodoo but the Rangers franchise is basically a losing franchise. You can complain all you want about the Canadians in the original 6 days getting all the good players. Bottom line expansion happened 7 years aftter my mom was born and this franchise has one cup to show for it. They have as many championships as the NY Jets in that time frame. And for a period of time they had unlimited money is a league with no cap and somehow managed to not only not win but have terrible teams. Until proven otherwise they're a rich man's New York Jets. A reverse sweep would be on brand. I'm not saying it's likely, all I'm saying is would anyone be surprised?
I get it. This franchise has provided lots of painful memories. However, this is still a different team with a different coaching staff playing a different team. I also think this is this best team the Rangers have had in a while in terms of talent.

I don't even really think the Tampa series matters much because the team was gassed. They came off of their second 7 game series with no break and had to jump right into Tampa.

The Devils were a bad match-up against a worse Rangers team with a head coach that couldn't properly adapt.

Anything is possible but this year's iteration has proven to be remarkably consistent. How many time has this team lost multiple games in a row? Not many.

I would have loved to sweep the Canes but if you told me we'd be up 3-1 before the series started I'd sign up immediately for that. We almost won the game despite playing like ass in the 1st, missing numerous HD chances with Panarin being a no-show (even though he's played well in recent games).

The Canes have to win 3 games in a row with no margin of error while the Rangers need 1 out of 3, 2 of which are at home. They can do this.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We are kidding ourselves if we don't see the obvious here. Chytil's issue flared up after he exerted himself.
Honestly don't know what to think the positive in me hopes its one of those 24 hours bugs or touch of food poisoning but also the other side looks at how is he is the only one in a group of around 25 guys that got food poisoning or a 24 hour bug? If it was someone like Vesey we wouldn't think twice but the fact it was Chytil who hasn't been able to stay healthy??? Hopefully its just a coincidence.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Andersen patenting a new hole for goalies to worry about, the A-hole, where behind-the-net shots go in off your ass.

I thought the Canes executed better on opportunities and deserved the W.

Can't bitch about a loss after 7 straight wins. The Rangers re-grouped decently after a sloppy start. But it seemed like they were placing shots a bit much on a goalie whose footwork and rebound control look closer to ECHL goalies I’ve seen.

I feel confident the loss lights a little fire and this wraps up at home next game.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Cant even be mad at the loss. They didn't blow a lead with BS, they came back, they were the better team in periods 2 and 3.

If you are going to lose, that's not a bad way to do it. Trouba though, just massive LOLs

Reactions: Breaded Fox

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Im officially a Wennberg hipster. I understand the frustration with his finishing ability but still think the massive upgrade he has provided to make that line a machine owning the puck vastly outweighs his shortcomings.
It's really weird how bad he is at scoring but good at just about everything else. I still like him and especially his puck possession skills as it's something this team needed.

I doubt he's back next year unless he takes a discount but still fine with the signing and not giving up a 1st.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I just saw Dan Rosen’s tweet which makes it sound very clearly that it was in fact an illness which makes Laviolette being so coy with the media really frankly not the right thing to do knowing how sensitive a topic this is for everyone that genuinely cares about this kid as a person first hockey player second. Should have flat out said this isnt concussion related.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just saw Dan Rosen’s tweet which makes it sound very clearly that it was in fact an illness which makes Laviolette being so coy with the media really frankly not the right thing to do knowing how sensitive a topic this is for everyone that genuinely cares about this kid as a person first hockey player second. Should have flat out said this isnt concussion related.

Laviolette reminds me of my mom. If you ask him anything he acts like you asked about the nuclear codes.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

If he doesn't want people to know when it's concussion related though, he kind of has to not be straightforward when it's something less serious too. Or else, everybody will know that when he's being coy, it's a bad thing.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't think you sit Trouba, that would be a really bad message. You can bench him, but a scratch after 1 playoff loss is a bad idea.

With them being at home, they can shelter him away from their top 6, which is what Laviolette has done. Can't do it on the road. You can try to, but it's tough.

You knew Carolina was going to win at least a game at home. The team with the 3rd most points in a season isn't going to roll over.

The one thing that has been very noticeable all series is that after the 1st period, the Canes start running out of gas. If you come out of the 1st even on Monday, the series will be over.

And not for nothing but the Rangers controlled the rest of the game. They could have packed it up and just said let's get ready for game 5 at home.

I'm more confident they will win game 5 now than I would have before last night's game if you told me that Carolina would win.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think you sit Trouba, that would be a really bad message. You can bench him, but a scratch after 1 playoff loss is a bad idea.

With them being at home, they can shelter him away from their top 6, which is what Laviolette has done. Can't do it on the road. You can try to, but it's tough.

You knew Carolina was going to win at least a game at home. The team with the 3rd most points in a season isn't going to roll over.

The one thing that has been very noticeable all series is that after the 1st period, the Canes start running out of gas. If you come out of the 1st even on Monday, the series will be over.

And not for nothing but the Rangers controlled the rest of the game. They could have packed it up and just said let's get ready for game 5 at home.

I'm more confident they will win game 5 now than I would have before last night's game if you told me that Carolina would win.

The Rangers also dominated in parts in period 1 too. They were just really bad at finishing this game and Igor was off. This was one game they could have won by 3. Honestly could have had 5 or 6 goals and the Igor of the rest of the series gives up maybe 2 goals in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad