Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I hope Chytil is ok. They said illness, that he woke up sick on gameday. And being it wasn't on the day after the game, it tend to think it isn't concussion related, and that he really came down ill. After all, he is returning to getting into people's faces. So germs are much more present.

With the progress of Kakko, who looked like a beast on Saturday and Laffy feeling his oats,.... one day, I would like to see Chytil rejoin them as our first line of the future. Maybe not this post season, but not far off, the way these guys are progressing. These guys are built for playoff hockey.

The way Kakko and Laffy played last night, gives me even more confidence we will go far in these playoffs, even though we lost this game.
Chytil felt great on Friday. He didn't feel well on Saturday. Did he eat something?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Anyone else will never forgive Wenneberg for missing a wide the f*** open net? What a gorgeous goal that would have been with Igor and Kakko getting assists. Might have been a backbreaker too. Even if we win in 5 and there's no guarantee we would have won this game with that goal, I still have to say f*** this guy. He had more than half the net to shoot at and barely f***ing grazes the post with all the time in the world. This guy has to be the most offensively inept center outside of Bonino.
Wennberg wouldn't hit the water if he fell off the boat.

In game 3, Kakko made a nice pass to Wennberg which went through his legs. Wennberg was alone at the side of the net for the tap in.

In the game last night, Wennberg had a few opportunities to shoot the puck in the third period. Nothing.

If Chytil is healthy, put Chytil in between Cuylle and Kakko.

Wennberg can play with Goodrow and Vesey.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I'm trying to watch the Dallas post-game.

Bissonnette keeps talking shit about Rangers fans, I'll kick him in the head so f***ing hard, I'll fix his learning disability.

The Rangers have a large and rabid fanbase. Riling them up gets him the attention he needs to make himself look relevant. Ignore him. He has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say about anything.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Honestly, have the Rangers as a franchise show us anything that would hint at the fact that they're not going to blow it in 7. Two straight years of collapses and I'm expecting another one at this point.
Pathetic, some fan. Regardless that you may be very close to right.
Only 1 team gets to lift that Cup.
Many other teams have blown series leads. Look no further than this years Vegas/Dallas.
Last years Boston/Panthers
Many more.
This year's team doesn't look like anything like last year's flop.
We had a shit coach that had ZERO answer for Devils speed game. Players took the series off. (Panarin especially)
This team has been great ALL YEAR. We lose 1 game, and this is what you say? Some fan.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Trouba and Miller 3 years together:
Miller sucks, send him to the AHL, trade him.
Schneider and Miller 3 weeks together:
Miller is a very good defender and unlimited upside.
Schneider with Gustafsson:
Gustafsson is a steal, what a great pickup by Drury.
Trouba with Gustafsson :
Gustafsson is ass, need to play Jones over Gustafsson.

There is a Constant here.

A somewhat unrelated tangent:
I’ve been playing NHL24 recently since it hit Gamepass. I played a bit of NHL23 last year on Gamepass but I didn’t really like it. Before that, it had been probably 10 years since I played an NHL game.

I’m doing Be A Pro and I’m a LD on the Rangers. During preseason, I’m paired with AHL guys like Mackey and it’s fine. Once the season starts, I find myself on the second pair with Trouba and holy shit, do I feel like I’m playing on an island. He’s constantly getting beat 1-on-1 and I try to cover for him but then the puck’s in the net. We’re losing games and I’m starting to feel like my defense is shit too. After 10 games or so, I get moved up to play with Fox and suddenly I feel like my defense is more competent.

So I guess the point of this story is to say that the developers at EA may have accurately captured the Trouba experience.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Watching the MSG post game. Boyle is awesome and adds to an already awesome Vally analysis. He really lets you in on the mindsets of players as plays happen. His explanation of the Canes' first 2 goals is insightful.
Yeah. It's good to hear from a forward. He has a different knowledge base than Vally or Hank.

• Love
Reactions: will1066

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Pathetic, some fan. Regardless that you may be very close to right.
Only 1 team gets to lift that Cup.
Many other teams have blown series leads. Look no further than this years Vegas/Dallas.
Last years Boston/Panthers
Many more.
This year's team doesn't look like anything like last year's flop.
We had a shit coach that had ZERO answer for Devils speed game. Players took the series off. (Panarin especially)
This team has been great ALL YEAR. We lose 1 game, and this is what you say? Some fan.
It's crazy. It's hockey so you never know what will happen. But this team didn't lay down and die yesterday. On the road down 2 and they tied it up and had chance after chance. 3 posts. 2 wide open nets. Could have been a blow out.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So many missed or let go penalties which i am fine with, just damn bad luck for one to happen then. I am looking at this as a chance to get another PO game, love this shit.
Yes, I don't really mind either. Wanted that 8 in a row, but oh well an awesome run.
I can think of about 17,000 fans that are thrilled that they get to experience game #5, and in the back of EVERY Rangers player (although they would never admit it) would much PREFER winning at home in front of the GARDEN FAITHFUL.

Reactions: ncdoc

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Brodzinski needs to not ever play another shift as a Ranger.

Chytil can only stay healthy in some form or fashion for one game its pathetic. Good player. Good guy. Fragile.

Rempe needs to be in and do what he does f'ing around with them and getting under their skin and destroy them on forecheck hits.

This team was what 5000-2 with Rempe in the lineup.

Take Gustafson out, put Jones in. Let that be a wake up call for Trouba.

Yeah bring out the nine-tailed-cat and flog Gus to make Trouba better... Ye Olde Voodoo Coaching.

Nothing wrong with Brodz, he's not the reason Trouba smells like a week old fish.

We are a better team with Zac that's been clear for a few months. The only issue if Trouba is out is the PK which is important in the playoffs, especially so since in every single game the refs make a point of calling Rempe simply for being on the ice.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Anyone else will never forgive Wenneberg for missing a wide the f*** open net? What a gorgeous goal that would have been with Igor and Kakko getting assists. Might have been a backbreaker too. Even if we win in 5 and there's no guarantee we would have won this game with that goal, I still have to say f*** this guy. He had more than half the net to shoot at and barely f***ing grazes the post with all the time in the world. This guy has to be the most offensively inept center outside of Bonino.
Offense isn't his thing, unfortunately. Another coulda woulda Kakko assist.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Wennberg wouldn't hit the water if he fell off the boat.

In game 3, Kakko made a nice pass to Wennberg which went through his legs. Wennberg was alone at the side of the net for the tap in.

In the game last night, Wennberg had a few opportunities to shoot the puck in the third period. Nothing.

If Chytil is healthy, put Chytil in between Cuylle and Kakko.

Wennberg can play with Goodrow and Vesey.
Yeah. Wennberg is a good skater and defensive player. But a scorer he is not. It makes sense the Cuylle/Wennberg/Kakko line is what it is - no scoring, no goals allowed.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
It's almost a relief to get the first L out of the way.
There will be more.
Credit to the other guys for making some adjustments and playing loose.
Laf is inching his was forward to becoming my favorite player, I love his game.
Expect the boys to be focused Monday.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Trouba is an oil tanker out there.
We get 18-Wheeler back and we should be able to clog all the lanes
Chytil felt great on Friday. He didn't feel well on Saturday. Did he eat something?
I ate a French Dip Friday night that destroyed my yesterday so I totally get it

@will1066 this turn of events may have set us up perfectly for the very special 2 part series finale of Do Something, Kakko

mti79

May 11, 2007
Played well enough. Let's finish it Monday.

Special thanks to @Atax for picking up my slack since I was driving

Reactions: Atax

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
100%. I thought despite the first, we were quite good.
I think it's a stretch to say they couldn't score on Igor.

They have 3, 3, 2, and 4.

We're not exactly completely shutting this team down.

Today, we did, until the refs decided with 3:40 left that there were rules again.

I think this was overall our best game. Avoid that miserable period we had and play the way we're playing and we should win.
Didn’t see a second of this.

They’ll wrap this at home.

Lindgren sucked… I’m guessing?
Idk. Maybe it was the bourbon but I thought lindgren was pretty good in the first two. He looked better than Fox at times in the offensive zone... which tells me that Fox is seriously injured or something.

His third period wasn't great, but he's not the reason we lost, despite the penalty he took.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
100%. I thought despite the first, we were quite good.

Idk. Maybe it was the bourbon but I thought lindgren was pretty good in the first two. He looked better than Fox at times in the offensive zone... which tells me that Fox is seriously injured or something.

His third period wasn't great, but he's not the reason we lost, despite the penalty he took.

Sucks I missed this game, but it feels like have so much Real life stuff going on this week, lol. It sounds like we played a good game outside the 1st period and could have won this game.

I don’t even want to think about a Game 6, just get it down tomorrow. They need to pretend they are down 1-3.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
They had about 3-4 opportunities where they should have buried another goal. The team wasn’t tight defensively at all. Lesson learned. Mentally they need to be ready at the start of the next one
I hate to point out any specific player but.....wasn't it Wennberg that missed a wide open net? Not his first miss like that. I really think there's NO WAY we look to sign him. There has to be a better option out there OR in house. We lost Chytil, so I get that is why we got Wennberg. Now, he is an afterthought. A NON-necessity. Sorry

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
With Rempe in the lineup 18-2-1
Without Rempe in the lineup 7-6
Rangers play bigger with Rempe in.
Carolina plays bigger with Rempe out.
5:00 Rempe>>> 8:49 Brodzinski

How many of those Rempe games were without Trouba?

That said, there's definitely a Remp-effect going on. I don't doubt he makes opponent D's nervous they'll get caught by the "gimp".

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think losing a playoff hockey game is a good thing on net balance at any point. But it is going to happen.

We all agreed that these series haven't been Atlanta in 2007 of New Jersey in 2006 where one side dominated. Carolina could have just as easily been up 2-1 going into game 4.

I didn't see anything fundamentally broken in game 4, just that Trouba and Miller had some major high profile gaffes which is unfortunately just part of the package with each of them.

You will start to see some serious anxiety if we lose game 5 at home.

I wouldn't make any major changes but I think Brodzinski was really rusty out there. I'd consider 11/7 for the first time to get Jones into the lineup. I think cycling him in with Fox for offensive zone draws could be helpful. Cuylle and Kakko can rotate extra shifts with Goodrow and Vesey.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
This loss might have been a blessing in disguise. It magnified certain player weaknesses and the coaching staff can adjust. Gives time for a better strategy.

Well, everybody knew the issues, but the issues went from trends and potentialities to undeniable evidence.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Saw that Igor pass for the 3v1. Wowza.

Wennberg had Cuylle open for an easy goal but can’t fault the shot there. He beat Andersen, it just clanked iron.

Heard that Laf hit one too so if Carolina didn’t hit any in this game the post count is now 5-2 rangers for the series. They’re up 3-1 with fewer pp opps and shittier puck luck.

Reactions: 94leetch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad