Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Can't forget that the Canes are a really good team.
All season long, we talked about how Carolina and the Florida teams were the Rangers biggest hurdles. One of the Florida teams is out and the Rangers have Carolina 3-1. The Canes a really good team and so are the Rangers. A lot to feel good about right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well I just mean he was definitely in their heads and all the talk in the media and from Rod was about Igor pretty much being the difference.

I think I’m annoyed a little extra bc of my PTSD of this team not being able to ever close anything out ever. But really because it felt like Carolina had basically nothing in the last 40 minutes and then a completely unearned PP is given to them bc of Lingren’s ineptitude and they score their first Pp goal of the series to win. Just extremely frustrating when it felt like the Canes were basically rolled over on their backs just waiting to lose that game. It wasn’t a game where they were throwing everything at us like the last two.
We sucked the first ten minutes of the third, but yeah we really took over.

It felt like if that went another few minutes at 5v5, we would have scored.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All season long, we talked about how Carolina and the Florida teams were the Rangers biggest hurdles. One of the Florida teams is out and the Rangers have Carolina 3-1. The Canes a really good team and so are the Rangers. A lot to feel good about right now.
Well, at this point, it's Florida team, hold the plural, but your point is taken.

Starting this postseason 7-1 only strengthens my feeling that we would have beaten the Lightning in 3.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We sucked the first ten minutes of the third, but yeah we really took over.

It felt like if that went another few minutes at 5v5, we would have scored.
Yeah that’s how I felt too, it felt like we were in total control and Carolina wasn’t threatening at all. Had them right where we wanted them. Then that dumb penalty. Which was even more annoying after watching like 3 penalties a shift go uncalled right before that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is what bothers me. Last two series losses, we had a chance to go 3-0 and lost two winnable games where we had leads. Game 4 we lost games that weren't even close. There's no guarantee that because we had a great shot this game to win that that opportunity will be available next game. You just can't squander opportunities like this, ugh.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Here's the full sequence. I think Igor probably could've had that. Granted, I'm not a goalie. @nevesis what do you think?

Igor's also been unbelievable this series and a big reason why we're up 3-1 right now.

He definitely should have had that. Valiquette stated that in the post game as well. Clear sighted shot and Jarvis’ stick is not enough to create a screen. He misread it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Me and Rod agree on something.

We had a good chance almost every time we touched the puck 30 out of the last 40 minutes and they didn't look like they were scoring at 5v5 again tonight.

100%. I thought game 1 was worse for them offensively but this was by far their worst defensive effort.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
This is what bothers me. Last two series losses, we had a chance to go 3-0 and lost two winnable games where we had leads. Game 4 we lost games that weren't even close. There's no guarantee that because we had a great shot this game to win that that opportunity will be available next game. You just can't squander opportunities like this, ugh.
reset for Game 5 @ MSG and pray for Chytil

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
He definitely should have had that. Valiquette stated that in the post game as well. Clear sighted shot and Jarvis’ stick is not enough to create a screen. He misread it.
Lavi and staff will need to game plan for their one-timer wrinkle.

The one damn time I need puckluck to talk the board off the ledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad