Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
That’s fair. It just doesn’t leave us with a proper fourth line. I expect the fourth line to be a true shutdown or physical checking line, which JB doesn’t give us, but maybe that’s an old fashioned way of approaching line constructions. Not sure if two scoring / 1 defensive / 1 physical paradigm still holds.
Rempe barely plays third periods. I wish Lavi weren't so stubborn, but it is what it is. That's not a shutdown line. It's a physical, kill-time line for 2 periods.

Last edited:

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
No it’s not a shit bounce under pressure. It’s having clown shoes.

Trouba was terrible too. Fox was bad. Gus was bad. 2/3 the D was bad. Trouba being bad doesn’t take away from Lindgren pooping the bed
I seem to remember Miller costing us a 2 on 0. And Schneider did the same thing Lindgren did including falling down. Luckily he fell on the Cane player.or that's a great chance. There's 2 teams on the ice. They're pressing too. Things happen. Now Gus and Trouba? They're a special case.

Reactions: CLW and will1066

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can you picture this place in 94 after the team finally lost a playoff game in the 4th game of round 2? Shame they blew that series and never went on to win the cup.

The problem is, this is the same team that people were questioning all year and they're playing a 111 point Hurricanes team not some happy to be there Capitals team. That would have been more annoying like if we blew game 4 against the Caps. The Canes legit have the talent to come back from 0-3.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I seem to remember Miller costing us a 2 on 0. And Schneider did the same thing Lindgren did including falling down. Luckily he fell on the Cane player.or that's a great chance. There's 2 teams on the ice. They're pressing too. Things happen. Now Gus and Trouba? They're a special case.
Miller and Schneider were their best pairing all game. The other guys were terrible all game.

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If not for our captain, Thomas the wank engine, this would have been done tonight. We could win the Stanley Cup, and I'd still want him gone.

Yeah Trouba has to go. It’s missing the forest for the trees if we are debating whether he “actually” sucks or not.

He’s paid like a 1D. Not a first pair D, a 1D.

Reactions: CLW and yrrebbor

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can't forget that the Canes are a really good team.

We've owned the slot and the rush, and I think the quality of chances has been with us.

At the same time, the Hurricanes are on offense constantly and it's not like all of their shots suck. Sometimes, with these teams who just shoot from everywhere, the shots go in. The Kings won two Cups getting like one good rush chance per game.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Brodzinski needs to not ever play another shift as a Ranger.

Chytil can only stay healthy in some form or fashion for one game its pathetic. Good player. Good guy. Fragile.

Rempe needs to be in and do what he does f'ing around with them and getting under their skin and destroy them on forecheck hits.

This team was what 5000-2 with Rempe in the lineup.

Take Gustafson out, put Jones in. Let that be a wake up call for Trouba.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think it's a stretch to say they couldn't score on Igor.

They have 3, 3, 2, and 4.

We're not exactly completely shutting this team down.

Today, we did, until the refs decided with 3:40 left that there were rules again.

I think this was overall our best game. Avoid that miserable period we had and play the way we're playing and we should win.
Well I just mean he was definitely in their heads and all the talk in the media and from Rod was about Igor pretty much being the difference.

I think I’m annoyed a little extra bc of my PTSD of this team not being able to ever close anything out ever. But really because it felt like Carolina had basically nothing in the last 40 minutes and then a completely unearned PP is given to them bc of Lingren’s ineptitude and they score their first Pp goal of the series to win. Just extremely frustrating when it felt like the Canes were basically rolled over on their backs just waiting to lose that game. It wasn’t a game where they were throwing everything at us like the last two.

Reactions: NCRanger

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
If not for our captain, Thomas the wank engine, this would have been done tonight. We could win the Stanley Cup, and I'd still want him gone.
No surprises - worst possession of our 6 d-men.

Complete wanker.
(ignore Roslovic - couldn’t crop this for sh*t)
IMG_2830.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad