Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Sucks, my premonition almost came to pass.
Listen guys after 4 games if you said we’d be up 3-1 with a chance to close it at home, we’d all be ecstatic or is disbelief.
Can’t let up 3 goals in a period in the playoffs and expect to win. End of story.
PP was dreadful
PK wasn’t sharp
2 perfect lasers to the top corner beat shesty, who was fighting it early on tbh… then he settled in.
Not putting enough pucks on Anderson.
This is twice now where his positioning has lead to bad goals this series.
We hit 2 posts….
Wennberg and Kakko just can’t finish to save their lives. Hope they prove me wrong.
Trouba was ass, Gus was ass, Lindgren wasn’t far behind. Fox still doesn’t look right to me either.

silver lining, the sun will rise tom. So take a breath. Canes aren’t the same team on the road they are at home. Refs were sloppy/inconsistent both ways. They missed some blatant calls. Imo the league wanted this to go more the 4… money is a huge driver this time of year, and these 2 teams have been entertaining.
A loss was bound to happen guys. I’d rather it be up 3 then down 1 or 2 games. Bounces didn’t fall our way and they still came back to tie…..

Come out pissed Tuesday and close this shit out in front of the faithful….
Anyone have update on chytil?

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That was completely unscreened from the blue line are u kidding? This isn’t 1983
“Completely unscreened”

Lol

IMG-7460.jpg

Reactions: machphantom

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Rangers win that game if Lindgren doesn’t go full….moron…..Trouba was terrible too. Fox does not look right either.

We knew 8 and 55 would cost them in the postseason. Here we are.

Who is going to game 6
This. As a whole, miller and Schneider were our 2 best D.
That can’t happen and expect to win, especially in a 3-0 hole in the first 20

Reactions: gabevh3

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This. As a whole, miller and Schneider were our 2 best D.
That can’t happen and expect to win, especially in a 3-0 hole in the first 20
Yeah. I was in section 333 tonight and had a wonderful view to this. Rangers absolutely win that game if they don’t go brain dead, but 2/3 of their defense was atrocious all night

Reactions: yrrebbor

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Loss isn’t on him but Igor needs to be better. That was a pretty down game for him, right from the first goal.

Sure we’re up 3-0 but you just gave Carolina life. They were dejected and defeated and down and out. They couldn’t score on Igor, they couldn’t score on the PP, they couldn’t kill our power plays, they were coming up short everywhere.

And we let them off the hook with that first period and the ending. Now they beat Igor clean multiple times, they score a PP goal, they don’t allow a PPG against for the second straight game. Carolina is a really good team and now they have life and some more confidence. We better end this on Monday. You can’t give them too many cracks at it.

Reactions: mas0764

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That's my problem with the whole "let them play" approach.

Why is that a penalty but everything they let go isn't?

Because it "looked" like a penalty? There's a rulebook. It's not an aesthetic.

The Hurricanes were literally crosschecking on every play by the third period. If you let that team play, it gets worse and worse.
I’m old enough to remember when that call wouldn’t be made.

It didn’t take away an actual scoring chance.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Trouba was terrible too. Trouba didn’t fall over himself trying to catch a puck
It’s a shit bounce under pressure, it happens.

Forcing a puck up the middle of the ice into three attackers, and then getting caught in no man’s land leaving a guy wide open in the slot as a 8m defensemen is not something that should happen.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
If u sont win the cuo undefeated it doesnt count. Season ls. Over. On to the draft.

Who we taking with the 32nd pick?

It doesnt matter bc we lost this game

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He low key sucked tonight. Not January standards sucked but playoff level sucked. I thought it was deflected it wasn't. It just f***ing beat him.
He was too deep in net.
He was good, just not Igor sharp. Normally he’s out further challenging the shot…
Skjei and kuz both had seeing eye shots directly to the top corner. Any goalie woulda had a tough time….
He might be a little fatigued

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Honestly i called it 3-1 when we went up 2 - 0.i figured they would get 1 at home but was hoping for a sweep.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I'm more disappointed with the missed chances than lindgren's mistake. Trouba and Gus were truly bad. Lindgren tried to catch a fly ball. Shit happens. We'd been good hitting the net in this series when it mattered up until tonight. We could easily be bashing Miller if Shesty didn't make that 2 on none save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad