Candidates to coach in Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Was listening to Sirius XM nhl radio this afternoon and Matthew Barnaby with a tearful goodbye saying he's moving on to a new position (not in the sports media) that will be announced later this afternoon.... Is he the Tucson Desert Dawgzz head coach? :laugh: :laugh: Or Chayka's coffee intern?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Was listening to Sirius XM nhl radio this afternoon and Matthew Barnaby with a tearful goodbye saying he's moving on to a new position (not in the sports media) that will be announced later this afternoon.... Is he the Tucson Desert Dawgzz head coach? :laugh: :laugh: Or Chayka's coffee intern?

I hear he's headed to the Kitchener Rangers as an assistant.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coach to be named this week, Rich Nairn told me so yesterday. Said they're decided between 2 guys with AHL experience, but wouldn't share names.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Could be Jeff Halpern.

I doubt Philippe Boucher would give up the Quebec Remparts GM/HC job to be the HC of an AHL club in Tucson, but if DT hints that Playfair is on thin ice or that he himself might step up to the front-office in the next few years and Philippe Boucher would then have a clear path to the HC AZ job, he might pay his dues in Tucson.

Mark Lamb played for DT in Houston and then retired. DT brought him in as an AC in Dallas his first year as HC there. Lamb remained an HC during DT's entire tenure in Dallas. When DT came to AZ, Lamb went back to the WHL (he's yet another Sasky boy) to coach the Swift Current Broncos where he has served as HC/GM for the last seven years. The team has not once made it out of the 1st round in that time, and it might be time for him to get out of town before he gets canned. DT (caring more about relationships than results) might be inclined to throw his old pal a life-line in Tucson. PS - they were also briefly teammates in Philly for the Flyers.

So I'm going to say it will definitely be Mark Lamb. And Les Jackson will be the AGM who manages the Tucson team. The band will be fully back together with DT, Lamb, and Les Jackson.

Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad