Canceled trades from the last Trade Deadline

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Allegedly Winnipeg was in on Brassard but Vegas wanted to keep him out of the West.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Bruce Garrioch at intermission last night during the Sens-Caps gave his oh so cute smirky face while saying he thinks a Zack Smith deal fell through at the last minute. He's pretty well connected obviously so I assume there is truth to that.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
From what i've read, the Karlsson trade to Vegas was one of Cody Glass/ Nick Suzuki/Erik Brannström and 2 firsts and a conditionnal pick if Karlsson re-signed and Ryan was part of the deal too.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
From what i've read, the Karlsson trade to Vegas was one of Cody Glass/ Nick Suzuki/Erik Brannström and 2 firsts and a conditionnal pick if Karlsson re-signed and Ryan was part of the deal too.
Wowww OTT should have done that if true. Really surprised Vegas would move all of that.

Edit: I'm a moron, I thought it was all 3 of them and 2 firsts.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

What? How are people acting like this is a massive offer? I saw people making offers much more substantial than this, and being told they were lowballs for the best defenseman in the world.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

If true, it's understandable that Ottawa would reject it, it's not that great an offer. Put two of those young players in, with a young D (Theodore/Schmidt) off the roster, and a couple picks...now we're talking.

Supposedly Winnipeg had an offer on the table for Plekanec but the player didn't want to go out west citing family concerns.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
If true, it's understandable that Ottawa would reject it, it's not that great an offer. Put two of those young players in, with a young D (Theodore/Schmidt) off the roster, and a couple picks...now we're talking.

Supposedly Winnipeg had an offer on the table for Plekanec but the player didn't want to go out west citing family concerns.

I'm not a Senators fan, but it's quite the same situation here with Pacioretty (one year left). Offers might not be great, but if you're going to get worse ones at draft or next year tradedeadline you have to pull the trigger. At the draft Karlsson will have 1 year left. He could get injured during year, team could suck etc. They are not sure if they'll make the playoffs. Offers will probably lower than. Next trade deadline you'll probably get offers like a 1st, 2nd A prospect. That's if Karlsson have a good year and is healty.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

If you're dumping Ryan's contract and still getting 3+ firsts, you're not doing too bad.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Let say Winnipeg is a 60% favorite in the 1st round and 45% to win against NSH second round gives them a 27% chance of reaching WCF. I'll give Vegas 65% 1st round and 60% second round to be generous for the sake of the Brassard argument which gives them a 39% chance of WCF.

That makes a 10.5% chance of Winnipeg and Vegas meeting in the WCF. Is spending the 300-400k this year plus 1.6M next year worth keeping a 2/3 line center off of a team you have 10.5% chance of seeing? Maybe I guess seems like a stretch though.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Let say Winnipeg is a 60% favorite in the 1st round and 45% to win against NSH second round gives them a 27% chance of reaching WCF. I'll give Vegas 65% 1st round and 60% second round to be generous for the sake of the Brassard argument which gives them a 39% chance of WCF.

That makes a 10.5% chance of Winnipeg and Vegas meeting in the WCF. Is spending the 300-400k this year plus 1.6M next year worth keeping a 2/3 line center off of a team you have 10.5% chance of seeing? Maybe I guess seems like a stretch though.

I'll laugh if Stastny resigns with the Jets at ~$5 mil, 3-4 year contract. Better center and a better fit for the Jets and all because Vegas helped Brassard go out east.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I find it hard to believe Vegas would have acquired Karlsson. They didn’t do a damn thing at the deadline except take on Brassard’s cap hit for Pittsburgh.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015

That's great odds for a team that's never won a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad