Post-Game Talk: Cancel the season

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The Oilers' offense has gotten too complicated. Yeah,the PP has been great, but five on five and with the goalie pulled, they are not looking good.

They need to get back to 2018-19 offensive philosophy at even strength: Set up Drai for the one-timer. I almost never see that anymore, and that's how he got 50 last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: nally

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I'm gonna give Drai the benefit of the doubt and say he's sick.

The effort was better for the most part, but the ice was putrid, the jets had horseshoes up their ass with all those bounces not going in, smith was his usual high risk self but it cost us this time, and the refs continue to be the biggest f***ing joke in the world.

"A lot of the low powerplays is teams knowing they can't let the oilers pp go to work". Absolute f***ing bullshit, it's about the refs being blind.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
For me the Nurse delayed call is what got me, not any of the non calls. If they're consistent I can live with that. But like... What the f*** is that? DeMelo purposefully stops Nurse from going to the bench and Nurse gets the penalty?!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers played a pretty good game so not sure where all the team played shitty comments came from.

Anyway, none of this likely matters anyway so time to move on with life without hockey for a while.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
FullSizeR.jpg

Reactions: rickysusedsht

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
If they cancel the playoffs, then it'll suck for McDavid who decided not to get the surgery to play this season.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Probably deserved to win but that makes up for the last couple of wins. Probably get a win with Koskinen in net.

Love how the league has just decided our PP is too good and have decided to stop calling penalties. Such a stupid leqgue.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Can the team come out and say something against the reffing yet? Drai's head was driven into the boards on a dangerous hit from behind. How is that not a penalty? Can those in attendance rain down beer cups or something? The reffing is f***ing atrocious.

Reactions: Oilers 322

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The Oilers are still in a good position. I thought we played better tonight than previous games we won.

Reactions: fuswald

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That was the last game we'll see the Oilers play for a while. I'm hoping they keep these standings and go right to the playoffs when this virus blows over.

Probably. Oilers get lucky for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad