Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Stars, January 2 - 8:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
First game of 2014 will be against a rival we rarely see.

What lineup do you want to see, who sits, who dresses, what do YOU want?

Please keep the negativity in the 5ish negative threads going around on the board...

As for me, I don't really care about much, but I really want to see a Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher line.

EDIT:

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 5h
Bournival, Murray are in for #Habs vs #Stars tonight; Brière, Emelin are healthy scratches

Bc-eDFUCcAACyx5.jpg:large

Last edited:

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
What I would like to see

Patch - DD - Gally
Briere - Eller - Chucky
Bourni - Pleks - Gio
Moen - White - Prust

Subban - JG
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

Price
Buds

Or something completely different like

Patch - Eller - Gally
Briere - Plek - Chucky
Bourni - DD - Gio
Moen - White - Prust

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Let's find out what kind of fashion they can lose this time! My guess, Bouillon-Diaz and the 4th line are stuck out together for 3 GA.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I kinda hope that the Habs keep on sucking it, and that Bergevin is forced to go on a firesale. It is obvious that he needs to do this at one point, and we may as well get a high draft choice in the meantime. If we can get some good picks/prospects for the players that Bergevin doesn't see as part of the team's future, perhaps we can start building his vision sooner rather than later. If I was in his position, and the team was doing all right, I would bide my time, and wait; but if the team sucked, I would say, this is the team I was handed, and the time to make massive moves is now, and then we will need a few years to develop. Obviously some good draft picks, if used wisely, would help that process along quite a bit, and a lame duck middling performance by the team isn't helping our draft options. Last night really underlined how fragile of a team we are, and how a middling team with some hope can burry us when we break from our diminutive grind philosophy. We are not a winner now, but I hope Bergevin can lead us in the right direction.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
This is what I would like to see..

Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Rene Bourque
Brendan Gallagher - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
Michael Bournival - Lars Eller - David Desharnais
Brian Gionta - Brandon Prust - Travis Moen

Can also maybe switch Rene Bourque and David Desharnais.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gionta with 1 goal in his last 25 games. Bourque has not produced either. Habs are doomed with these guys eating minutes.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My only hope is that we are able to play a full 60 minute game of hockey. None of this "Lets just stop playing and hope Carey can steal the win".

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Gionta with 1 goal in his last 25 games. Bourque has not produced either. Habs are doomed with these guys eating minutes.

Gionta has to go. I know ''the guys love him'', but if he's supposed to be one of our top snipers, then we're screwed.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Huh? You do realize Pleks has been playing with Gio all season long, except for a very short stint. And the Bourni-Plek-Gio line was actually very good when they were together.

While I was talking about both Gionta and Bourni, my concerns were specifically with Bourni, as Gionta will be with Pleks until the day he is traded/let go. Bourque hasn't done too much this summer, but I find he is one of the more clutch players on our team when we need a goal. Bourni just is meh imo.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I kinda hope that the Habs keep on sucking it, and that Bergevin is forced to go on a firesale. It is obvious that he needs to do this at one point, and we may as well get a high draft choice in the meantime. If we can get some good picks/prospects for the players that Bergevin doesn't see as part of the team's future, perhaps we can start building his vision sooner rather than later. If I was in his position, and the team was doing all right, I would bide my time, and wait; but if the team sucked, I would say, this is the team I was handed, and the time to make massive moves is now, and then we will need a few years to develop. Obviously some good draft picks, if used wisely, would help that process along quite a bit, and a lame duck middling performance by the team isn't helping our draft options. Last night really underlined how fragile of a team we are, and how a middling team with some hope can burry us when we break from our diminutive grind philosophy. We are not a winner now, but I hope Bergevin can lead us in the right direction.

After watching Ritchie play at the Spenglar Cup, I'd like to see Bergevin trade for him and draft Nick Ritchie @ the 2014 Entry Draft, that would make winning the SC even better this year!:laugh:

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Carbo was fired after a game against Dallas, maybe Therrien will have the same fate.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-White-Prust

i am just waiting for this to finally happen

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Carbo was fired after a game against Dallas, maybe Therrien will have the same fate.

I think Therrien will have to be a lot worse than now for Bergevin to fire him.

Bergevin doesn't seem like a guy that will admit he was wrong and stick it through if he has too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad