GDT: Canadiens vs Maple Leafs 7:30pm- SN

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hate shootouts and that makes me almost miss it......

We should go 4 on 4 for 8 minutes. There would be more goals.
Honestly, I hate all the changes. Does baseball have homerun derbies at the end of games? I just don't get why they keep monkeying around.

5 on 5 and if there's no winner then go to a shootout. That makes sense in the regular season. Why we keep trying to make this into some kind of carnival sideshow is beyond me.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dietz had a very good game. Forget the OT - he was impressive.

How people who watched this game and did not think Dietz was easily the best D on the ice is baffling.
Therrien had 6 D to pick from to start the 3 in 3 and he chose Dietz. That says it all

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Honestly, I hate all the changes. Does baseball have homerun derbies at the end of games? I just don't get why they keep monkeying around.

5 on 5 and if there's no winner then go to a shootout. That makes sense in the regular season. Why we keep trying to make this into some kind of carnival sideshow is beyond me.

The NHL wants less shoutout, not more.

The 3 on 3 has been proved to reduce shootout in the AHL.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Really? Even in a meaningless preseason game where most of the players won't even start the season with the Habs.. Kassian will probably be this years Briere and Sekac for MT.

Actually, i think Weise is a better player than Kassian.

I also think Fleischmann is.

Kassian has great hands and he is very strong in puck protection but i don't think he scream offensive potential that much. He seems like a solid bottom sixer nothing more. I don't see how Kassian deserve to play top line minute and PP.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Are you sure that's the word you want to use to describe him?

I would rather get frustrated watching Tinordi than having Dietz here.

Yeah, I'm sure. Dietz made some solid, confident plays during the game. His vision and passing were good, and he wasn't afraid to hold onto the puck and join the rush. He looked NHL-ready tonight.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
How people who watched this game and did not think Dietz was easily the best D on the ice is baffling.
Therrien had 6 D to pick from to start the 3 in 3 and he chose Dietz. That says it all

Maybe. But him not trying to back check even if its a useless 3on3 doesn't make me happy. He is not a veteran with a sure spot in the line-up, is probably not even considered a top 8 at this point.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Actually, i think Weise is a better player than Kassian.

I also think Fleischmann is.

Kassian has great hands and he is very strong in puck protection but i don't think he scream offensive potential that much. He seems like a solid bottom sixer nothing more. I don't see how Kassian deserve to play top line minute and PP.

I don't see anyone saying that.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Yup, exactly what I saw.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The NHL wants less shoutout, not more.

The 3 on 3 has been proved to reduce shootout in the AHL.
I don't care. I'm a traditionalist. I'm okay with a shootout if things aren't resolved but as far as I'm concerned this other stuff is nonsense. 4 on 4, 3 on 3... it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad