Confirmed with Link: Canadiens official "Unite the faithful" global brand campaign!

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Very ambitious plan and sort of like preaching to the faithful (for a $29.00 fee), but most probably the faithful will be the only ones listening.

Matching ManU, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, NY Yankees with hockey ... he dreams high.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Please no soulless marketing lingo. The Habs aren't a 'brand'. It's a hockey club. Bandwagoners allowed, preferably when teams are eliminated, but posers need not apply.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Please no soulless marketing lingo. The Habs aren't a 'brand'. It's a hockey club. Bandwagoners allowed, preferably when teams are eliminated, but posers need not apply.

Think what you want but it is a brand.

I personally think it's a good idea. And for those who talk about money... well duh. That's why you own teams, companies, etc. To make money. You make more money, then you can invest in the team. You think redoing the gym and practice facilities is free?

This is more geered towards people far from Montreal. Fans from around the world who don't have access to watch the games live, to visit the Bell Centre, etc.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm not going to pay to become a Habs advertising billboard on the Internet, just to get a hockey puck.

DailyKaizen

Clarification...

To the Molsons it is. To the fans it's a hockey club.

Anyway, the link is down so I don't even know what the site is about. Is this a Habs affiliated crowdsource?

The linke works perfectly...accept now it changed to a log in and password needed for those who joined club 1909...

Again for the third time this is indeed an official campaign...marketing move...strategy by the official Montreal Canadiens hockey club...

Read the Montreal Gazette...see for yourself...this is 100 percent official...mandated by the hockey club itself...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Ah, you receive points for spamming your social media, it seems. All I ever post about is the Habs anyway. May as well sign up and see if I can get free stuff out of it.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Ah, you receive points for spamming your social media, it seems. All I ever post about is the Habs anyway. May as well sign up and see if I can get free stuff out of it.

Hope you get even with your money in a few years.

Now if you spam my twitter feed I'll unfollow you.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hope you get even with your money in a few years.

Now if you spam my twitter feed I'll unfollow you.

I'm not going to pay the $29 for it. There's a free version.

I'm not going to actually post any differently than I do now. That would just be too much work for little return.

Also, I don't know if unfollowing someone on Twitter is a threat or not :laugh:

MTLAzzurri

Mar 2, 2013
To the Molsons it is. To the fans it's a hockey club.

Anyway, the link is down so I don't even know what the site is about. Is this a Habs affiliated crowdsource?

The Montreal Canadiens are a brand whether you like it or not.

When you think of the Habs what do you think of? the city of Montreal? Richard and Beliveau? The CH? The bleu blanc et rouge?

That's all part of the brand that is the Montreal Canadiens.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm not going to pay the $29 for it. There's a free version.

I'm not going to actually post any differently than I do now. That would just be too much work for little return.

Also, I don't know if unfollowing someone on Twitter is a threat or not :laugh:

Oh, there's a free version? Cool.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Very unclear what it entails, but now that I've moved to Mumbai and am by chance (pretty high likelihood tbh) wearing my Subban tshirt at a hotel bar in Bangalore, I can see the draw. So many Habs fans around the world. Apart from the fact that I'm from Montreal, I've met much of the diaspora.

Would love to help spread the brand. The problem: Football (soccer) is an international sport. That's why those brands are so universal.

The most you can do is unite ex-pats around the world cuz honestly nobody else gives a ****. Let's win a Cup. Let's see how that increases our brand equity around the world. (Maybe covered on CNN international Sports for 30 secs?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad