Speculation: Canadiens new 3rd jersey

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Would have liked to see the vertical stripes on the arms with the Habs logo in the center of the jersey. Main colour of the jersey would be the light expo blue. Perhaps with an off-set Habs logo and player number on the front like the baseball jersey...?

xpo.jpeg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I get what some posters are saying there isn't enough red. But I personally love the jersey. One of the best among the Reverse Retro jerseys.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The Jerseys are fine, but all they did was palette swap the red for baby blue. I don't think they had to be too crazy, but they could have been at least a little bit more creative.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
It's fine I guess, that shade of blue makes sense even though the one from the previous reverse retro jersey was gorgeous (I didn't like it at first but it really grew on me). I agree that we could have had more red.

I'm not sure I like a dark blue name on a light blue jersey. The number really pops out though.

Anyway, the best Habs third jersey is still the white vintage one used in the 00's ;)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't mind it. I'll like it if everyone hates it.

I don't hate them. They look decent enough but they are somewhat uninspiring.

I think the potential for an expo theme got me excited but there's really very little correlation here.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I don't hate them. They look decent enough but they are somewhat uninspiring.

I think the potential for an expo theme got me excited but there's really very little correlation here.

They took both jerseys and blended it together, more or less.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Miss the Centennial jerseys, should have been inspired by those for our reverse retro.

View attachment 597506

I bet there will be more 3rd jerseys coming down the pipeline pretty quickly. I suspect this will become an almost annual event, so I'm pretty sure the Habs will go back to those centennial concepts for inspiration at some point.

I thought those "CA" jerseys were particularly sharp back then.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
So at first I wasn't sur about this one, I mean I liked it but enough to buy it...meh I dont know

Fast forward a few days I love it....

P.S. I ordered it. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad