Post-Game Talk: Canadiens lose 4-2 on night where they honour #16 Pocket Rocket.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No worries guys, it's only been FIVE years, of ugly hockey and results. Only FIVE years...
The funniest part in all this, is when asked MB talks about his 100 pt seasons, years ago, with the Gainey/Gautheir built team, lol as if this success was on his own.

Anyhow, the Habs have been horrible for FIVE years, and the same guy, who has his doctorate in GM'ing is in control. No worries at all.

I wonder if management also believes success right after he took over is because of MB but the failures 4 years after are Gauthier/Gainey 2008-2011's draft fault.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That's the honour the the Habs did? what a disgrace! more like a slap in the face. The whole organization from top down should feel ashamed. Just forfeit the rest of the season if you're gonna produce a product like that, I feel embarrassed to be a Habs fan.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
This organization destroys prospects. They break their will and squeeze every ounce of confidence out of them until they fade into hockey nothingness. Since 2000, the only 1st rounder that we drafted that was able to make their mark with us is Carey Price. All the other 1st round picks who went through the Canadiens development program amounted to nothing.

some of the players we drafted in the 1st got their chances and simply washed out. I looked at the list and the year after drafting price I saw we drafted "david fisher" in the year between price and mcdonaugh/patches.

I saw that name and said " who" ? A guy who was drafted 20th OA and his pinnacle was the AHL and played fewer NHL games than Don Cherry.

I think it has turned around recently but there was a stretch there of leblanc, tinordi, chichura, scheback, galchenyuk ( still has played the most so far among 1st rounders in his draft year I think), mcCarron where it was pretty bleak.

on the upside, things are looking better but the biggest "coup" was likely with getting vegas' 1st and tatar for patches.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Oh well, Suzuki got his 1st pt in 9 games. Would like to see the kid hit 50 pts.

For the assist all he did was pass to the point. It is not like he had an amazing move or pass. He did look better tonight and hope it gives him confidence to play better.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For the assist all he did was pass to the point. It is not like he had an amazing move or pass. He did look better tonight and hope it gives him confidence to play better.

A point is a point. A lot of players get that way. It's important for his confidence and just getting him started again. Would like to see him get to 50 pts.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would kill for 2 steamies with onion and fries from lafleurs right now.
Gotta tell you, I was impressed with the fries last night. I couldn’t have told the difference between their fries or Lafleurs. It was that good.

Cool thing is, in my new job I’ll be in Montreal a couple of times a month now so I’ll be able to sneak in all the treats. Unfortunately I’ll also be getting fat.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
No worries guys, it's only been FIVE

years, of ugly hockey and results. Only FIVE years...
The funniest part in all this, is when asked MB talks about his 100 pt seasons, years ago, with the Gainey/Gautheir built team, lol as if this success was on his own.

Anyhow, the Habs have been horrible for FIVE years, and the same guy, who has his doctorate in GM'ing is in control. No worries at all.

Don't you know, MB saved this team when he traded Cole for Ryder. That's the reason why they became 100 point teams.

I know because MB said it. The locker room was toxic.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Gotta tell you, I was impressed with the fries last night. I couldn’t have told the difference between their fries or Lafleurs. It was that good.

Cool thing is, in my new job I’ll be in Montreal a couple of times a month now so I’ll be able to sneak in all the treats. Unfortunately I’ll also be getting fat.
Intermittent fasting. And watch the beer. You’ll be fine.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Last night (had one of my weekly sleepless nights) so I was watching Classic NHL and that happened to be the Good Friday Massacre game "starring" the Nordiques and the Habs from 1984. That was brutal, has there been any other games with more fights than that?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last night (had one of my weekly sleepless nights) so I was watching Classic NHL and that happened to be the Good Friday Massacre game "starring" the Nordiques and the Habs from 1984. That was brutal, has there been any other games with more fights than that?

Probably games involving the Broad Street Bullies, when bench clearing brawls were not uncommon.

That’s got to be around the time they coined that expression, “I went to the fights and a hockey game broke out.”

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad