Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Extend Nicolas Beaudin (1-Year, 2-Way) & Lucas Condotta (2-Years, 2-Way)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

1689257115709.png
1689257126132.png

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And now all that's left is to sign Ylonen.
Ylonen might have to be patient to get his shot. But I'm hopeful he can make the most of it when he does. He's already turning 24 at the beginning of the year.

Could be a great 4th liner, if not more.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would have done the opposite and give Beaudin two years and Condotta one. But it’s likely a personal preference for Beaudin since he’ll have a very hard time getting NHL games in Montreal considering the abundance of LD on the team.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is great news............hopefully Ylonen signs soon......has there been any news on this guy at all??
Hopefully he wants to stay with the Habs?

Not like he has much of a choice, unless he wants to go back to Finland.

He's waiver eligible though, so wouldn't be surprised if a team like Arizona claim him if he loses his bid at camp.

16 forwards aiming for a spot at camp, only two are waiver exempt (Slafkovsky and RHP) so 2-3 need to go down.

We have 8 D for the NHL, but if they want to keep 14 forwards, they need to send one down. Xhekaj, Barron, Guhle and Harris are all waiver exempt.

Reactions: BLONG7

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And now all that's left is to sign Ylonen.
This is the tricky one. He has the tools to be an NHL player but with the emergence of Heineman, Newhook and RHP, is he really needed?
Don't get me wrong, I like this player but I am not sure Hughes sees him as part of the future.

I would have done the opposite and give Beaudin two years and Condotta one. But it’s likely a personal preference for Beaudin since he’ll have a very hard time getting NHL games in Montreal considering the abundance of LD on the team.
Beaudin will be a bottom pairing D in Laval at best. Trudeau passed him up and took PP minutes from him. At this point he is an AHL vet counted on the help the younger players.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Beaudin will be a bottom pairing D in Laval at best. Trudeau passed him up and took PP minutes from him. At this point he is an AHL vet counted on the help the younger players.
At best? He was easily their best offensive defenceman last season.

Reactions: Wats

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Don't get me wrong, I like this player but I am not sure Hughes sees him as part of the future.

You don't sign, or protect from waivers, only those players that you see as part of the future. He's a potential asset.

At best? He was easily their best offensive defenceman last season.

I have a lingering feeling we may have seen the last of Norlinder.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
They seem to like Condotta.
Looked like a legitimate gritty 4th liner in his NHL game.

Not like he has much of a choice, unless he wants to go back to Finland.

He's waiver eligible though, so wouldn't be surprised if a team like Arizona claim him if he loses his bid at camp.

16 forwards aiming for a spot at camp, only two are waiver exempt (Slafkovsky and RHP) so 2-3 need to go down.

We have 8 D for the NHL, but if they want to keep 14 forwards, they need to send one down. Xhekaj, Barron, Guhle and Harris are all waiver exempt.
Hopefully we see a smart trade using cap space and cheap young guys.

Reactions: Archijerej

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Condotta was the better player in Laval, he looks like he could play in the NHL, Beaudin was a healthy scratch in Laval as his defensive game is scary. With all the blueliners they have coming in, there's no need for 2 years with Beaudin unless they want him on the big club to help with the tank.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Condotta was the better player in Laval, he looks like he could play in the NHL, Beaudin was a healthy scratch in Laval as his defensive game is scary. With all the blueliners they have coming in, there's no need for 2 years with Beaudin unless they want him on the big club to help with the tank.
Condotta might be a good replacement for Pezzetta if we lose him on waivers or if we need to include him in a trade for a good player.

Last edited:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
NHL Rumors - ProHockeyRumors.com
This article make it sound like Beaudin's defensive game was pretty solid last year:

A 2018 first-round pick, Beaudin found himself in the Canadiens organization this season after they acquired him from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for minor-league forward Cameron Hillis just weeks into the campaign. The move has since panned out extremely well for both Beaudin and the Habs.​
The 23-year-old defenseman had gone through some troubles adjusting to the pro game while in Chicago, issues undoubtedly exacerbated by the inconsistencies of playing time during the COVID-19 pandemic. He’s also got a rather slight frame, standing at just 5-foot-11 and 168 pounds.​
But things took off for the left-shot defender with the AHL’s Laval Rocket, where he scored twice and added 23 assists for 25 points in 39 games after the trade, trouncing last season’s offensive production. He saw some limited minutes at even strength, but he dominated them defensively – per data from Pick224, he was on the ice for just 16 goals at even strength in 42 total AHL games last year. He’s not expected to earn a spot with the Canadiens out of camp, but do look for him to take on an increased role in Laval next year.​

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
NHL Rumors - ProHockeyRumors.com
This article make it sound like Beaudin's defensive game was pretty solid last year:

A 2018 first-round pick, Beaudin found himself in the Canadiens organization this season after they acquired him from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for minor-league forward Cameron Hillis just weeks into the campaign. The move has since panned out extremely well for both Beaudin and the Habs.​
The 23-year-old defenseman had gone through some troubles adjusting to the pro game while in Chicago, issues undoubtedly exacerbated by the inconsistencies of playing time during the COVID-19 pandemic. He’s also got a rather slight frame, standing at just 5-foot-11 and 168 pounds.​
But things took off for the left-shot defender with the AHL’s Laval Rocket, where he scored twice and added 23 assists for 25 points in 39 games after the trade, trouncing last season’s offensive production. He saw some limited minutes at even strength, but he dominated them defensively – per data from Pick224, he was on the ice for just 16 goals at even strength in 42 total AHL games last year. He’s not expected to earn a spot with the Canadiens out of camp, but do look for him to take on an increased role in Laval next year.​
Clearly stats scouting only

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad