Canadiens embracing benefits of essentrics

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Video here:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-benefits-of-essentrics/?row=2&row_id=1617293

tumblr_n0g58strYw1shr61qo1_500.jpg

The cheap laugh of the NHL : THE MONTREAL CANADIENS

yjHwXZc.png

Les Habitants

Jul 21, 2010
Montreal
Yeah i have no problem with this. Who'd love Skinner on their team?? Well he figure skated....whatever it takes to make them Stronger/better.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Yoga is very beneficial to pro athletes. Not sure I see the issue here.

It is not VERY beneficial. It has never proven to improve athletic performance significately. There are many other alternative that are more helpful.

Yoga is kinda trendy, but talking about pure performance, it's unproven and imo kinda stupid to think it's helpful.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
"Ballerinas on Ice--The 2015-16 Montreal Canadiens" Seems kind of fitting to be honest. Although as mentioned I wouldn't mind working with the two women in that video. Probably the reason they all do it haha.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I assume that "essentric"training is not related to "eccentric" training.

What is it?

Maybe I should just Google.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Yoga is beneficial to everyone - works on core, stability, balance and helps with flexibility which helps protect from injuries.

NFL players all do it

turbodragon

Jan 24, 2014
Hasn't Price been doing hot yoga for years? Flexibility/balance definitely should be a part of any training regimen.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It is not VERY beneficial. It has never proven to improve athletic performance significately. There are many other alternative that are more helpful.

Yoga is kinda trendy, but talking about pure performance, it's unproven and imo kinda stupid to think it's helpful.

Improving your flexibility and balance isn't beneficial to hockey players? How would being more flexible not improve performance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad