GDT: Canadiens @ Canadiens | 1PM | Canadiens.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Thought McNally looked pretty good. And Fucale. Hudon and Andrighetto are right there, might give the edge to Andrighetto but I think Hudon could be used in the bottom 6 easier.

None of the rookies really impressed me except those 2. McCarron I think will be good but he may need 2 years to get here and another couple to start making an impact. I'd be shocked if he enters the league a C.

Scherbak didn't really do anything for me, as many people have noted this summer. Hopefully he puts it all together because we still have a sizable hole in the top 6 long term.

Too bad Juulsen couldn't play. I haven't seen anything of him and was really looking forward to it.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Guys you need to calm down about Tinordi and DSP. They are physical guys, they cant put the same intensity in a scrimmage game. We will see in 2 days.

I remember Bergevin talking about Beaulieu and when he knew he wasn't ready. Basically Beau was taking very short shifts, showing he was afraid to make a mistake, and just not ready. Tinordi needs to play with confidence. He doesn't have to go out there and kill everyone. He does have to be in the right spot, make good reads quickly, and be forceful and simple.

I'm not worried about Tinordi from today but if he wants a spot he has to play like he knows he's ready for it.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Thought McNally looked pretty good. And Fucale. Hudon and Andrighetto are right there, might give the edge to Andrighetto but I think Hudon could be used in the bottom 6 easier.

Scherbak didn't really do anything for me, as many people have noted this summer. Hopefully he puts it all together because we still have a sizable hole in the top 6 long term.

Too bad Juulsen couldn't play. I haven't seen anything of him and was really looking forward to it.

You are being very, very generous when it comes to Fucale. At this point in his development he doesn't look good enough for the AHL

NewHabsEra*

Am i the only one to think Patch missing the start of the season is a good thing? It will give MT the opportunity to try a kid for some games and see how it goes with our best forward outside of the lineup.

Absolutely not, we have great depth and losing PAtche short term wont hurt us at all and like you said, it will give a kid an opportunity, what is good for the inside competition..

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hudon and Ghetto are clearly ready for the NHL... it sucks that there's not much room for them right now on the team. Really liked what I saw from both of them.

That might be a little hasty..they weren't plying against NHL lines and played their best against Miceli's line...head-to-head versus McCarron's line they weren't nearly as dominant...in fact Mac's line had lots of chances and a goal. Let's see how they do versus NHLers and not just rookie pros.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Absolutely not, we have great depth and losing PAtche short term wont hurt us at all and like you said, it will give a kid an opportunity, what is good for the inside competition..

The flipside is that players missing camp+beginning of season tend to lag behind for the entire season.

Especially since he couldn't train as he normally would have.

That plus the weight of the captaincy worries me Patch will have a down year.

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
I was there today...

Sherbak looked a little better, some nice breakout and stronger on his skates.

Kassian and McCarron were pretty dominant down low - very hard to separate them from the puck.

The most excitement was waiting 30 mins in line for the complimentary hot dog, drink and chips...it was soooo slow, then they announced they ran out of chips and i thought people were going to riot!

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
That might be a little hasty..they weren't plying against NHL lines and played their best against Miceli's line...head-to-head versus McCarron's line they weren't nearly as dominant...in fact Mac's line had lots of chances and a goal. Let's see how they do versus NHLers and not just rookie pros.

Im not sure who were the forwards on the ice but Hudon's most dominant shift was against Markov and PK, he dominated down low and controlled the play the whole shift, beat Markov in a 1 on 1 battle behind the net, went around PK up the boards and made a good cross ice pass to his Dmen.

Your point still stands but they looked good even when not facing Micelli, especially Hudon, his edge work is good and he understands how to use his body to push off stronger opponents while controlling the puck.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So for those that watched the game, who stood out?

1st period I liked Kassian.

I also like the way McCarron plays with/without the puck.

And obviously the Eller/Galch/Semin line was ridiculous. Aside from them, vets looked like they didn't care too much.

Besides Hudon's pass to Ghetto, I didn't see these two stand out too much.

Tinordi disappointed me. Lernout struggled a little in the first, didn't notice him much after that. Pateryn was solid.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Really really dont get the DSP hate at all. I thought he looked solid. Makes smart decisions with the puck. He looks faster. I liked Sekac too but I think people are letting that trade bias their opinions about DSP.

He did more than Fleischman shift to shift yet people still seem to be pencilling him in our top 9.

Im 50/50 on Flash. He had a solid shift after his goal but otherwise I don't know if I saw enough from a guy battling for his career.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Am i the only one to think Patch missing the start of the season is a good thing? It will give MT the opportunity to try a kid for some games and see how it goes with our best forward outside of the lineup.

Missing your top offensive player to start the season is never a good thing.

You might as well sit some inferior player in order to attempt experiments.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Physical players will always look worst in intrasquad games. Let's do a road test against the Leafs.

I agree that they wouldn't be at their best. Who is going to take the chance of going all out and potentially putting one of our best young scorers within the line of fire?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is it me or Flynn is not fighting really hard for a spot?

Veterans get so much rope early in the pre-season, I wouldn't be reading anything into it.

Who knows, he might not even be 100%.

So tempting to extrapolate from small sample sizes.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Not necessarily, watch McCarron. He know how to play with the puck on his stick.

My biggest surprise today was Bozon, he was flying on the ice and took 3 good shots!

McCarron takes a lot of space and is good with the puck, he does bulldoze people but it's not essential to his game, Tinordi and DSP's game starts and ends with ill-treating opposing players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Im not sure who were the forwards on the ice but Hudon's most dominant shift was against Markov and PK, he dominated down low and controlled the play the whole shift, beat Markov in a 1 on 1 battle behind the net, went around PK up the boards and made a good cross ice pass to his Dmen.

Your point still stands but they looked good even when not facing Micelli, especially Hudon, his edge work is good and he understands how to use his body to push off stronger opponents while controlling the puck.

Yeah,
They all look great...
How do you dominate in pond hockey?
The tools are there but let's wait for some pre season action to see how they fare under fire.
It's easy to get carried away watching no hitters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad