GDT: Canadiens @ Canadiens | 1PM | Canadiens.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Veterans get so much rope early in the pre-season, I wouldn't be reading anything into it.

Who knows, he might not even be 100%.

So tempting to extrapolate from small sample sizes.

Flynn is not really a vet. The guy just turned 27 and has only 168 games played on the nhl (2 seasons). He is fighting for a spot and he is very far from being sure to start in the NHL. Bournival has 89 games of experience in the NHL that's not a lot less than Flynn. Smith-Pelly played near as much games. I would expect him to work hard to get a spot. That's not what i see right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Flynn is not really a vet. The guy just turned 27 and has only 168 games played on the nhl (2 seasons). He is fighting for a spot and he is very far from being sure to start in the NHL. Bournival has 89 games of experience in the NHL that's not a lot less than Flynn. Smith-Pelly played near as much games. I would expect him to work hard to get a spot. That's not what i see right now.

The guy is 27, not 21. No reason to get on his case on account of scrimmage performance.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yeah,
They all look great...
How do you dominate in pond hockey?
The tools are there but let's wait for some pre season action to see how they fare under fire.
It's easy to get carried away watching no hitters...

They all look great? I talked about Hudon and Ghetto yet you include everybody like I said Bozon and co. are NHLers right now? Pond hockey? You are seriously comparing this to pond hockey? There are several regular NHLers who didnt look like it was that easy today, of course a good performance in this kind of game doesnt make you a career and there is absolutely no part of my post that suggests something like that.

Anyways man the last time I argued with you it was about whether or not Max Pacioretty was a natural goal scorer remember? Good times my friend.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

The guy is 27, not 21. No reason to get on his case on account of scrimmage performance.

why do you keep bringing up his age?
200.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I want Pateryn's beard. Also, he looks like a mainstay for at least the next 3 seasons as the 3rd pairing RD.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
If Mitchell is injured, i can see McCaron take his 4rd line role for some NHL games. Hudon is clearly the first one on the list to make it to the NHL with Ghetto, but I dont want to see Hudon play on a 4th line.

Well i would be very happy with a fourth line DSP-Hudon-Ghetto playing 8-10 of O-zone minutes.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Well i would be very happy with a fourth line DSP-Hudon-Ghetto playing 8-10 of O-zone minutes.

Yuck. I've always despised a lesser offensive line as a 4th line. You need to add different dimensions to the team, atleast with DSP-Mitchell-Weise you can add a little bit of sandpaper. God I'll miss the Prust we had 2 years ago :cry:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sad to hear about Tinordi. Rangers are in the same boat with Dylan McIlrath.
Tinordi still has a shot in this league but it is obvious he has been passed by several young D and is now at the end of the line in Montreal.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
how about fleishy? I would like him to stick since our top 6 lacks still a winger like him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
how about fleishy? I would like him to stick since our top 6 lacks still a winger like him.

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Kassian, Semin... Much rather have any of these guys get top 6 minutes than Fleischmann.

He's alright, but if he gets a contract, I think it'll be as a depth signing, not a solution for the top 6.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Yuck. I've always despised a lesser offensive line as a 4th line. You need to add different dimensions to the team, atleast with DSP-Mitchell-Weise you can add a little bit of sandpaper. God I'll miss the Prust we had 2 years ago :cry:

Lesser then what ? Habs lack of productivity from its bottom 6 can't be worst. I don't say DSP-Hudon-Ghetto is perfect - but ''sandpaper'' is so overated in the actual NHL. Look, even the Leafs drafted little skilled players - the league is changing real fast, and this 3v3 OT will push it further. Im fine with dsp-mitchell-weise - but hudon will get his way to the lineup right from the start - and it have to be somewhere.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They all look great? I talked about Hudon and Ghetto yet you include everybody like I said Bozon and co. are NHLers right now? Pond hockey? You are seriously comparing this to pond hockey? There are several regular NHLers who didnt look like it was that easy today, of course a good performance in this kind of game doesnt make you a career and there is absolutely no part of my post that suggests something like that.

Anyways man the last time I argued with you it was about whether or not Max Pacioretty was a natural goal scorer remember? Good times my friend.

Yeah Pond Hockey,
There is nothing like a good ole red/white game to use as an assesment tool for your prospects.
You can't honestly think that this was anything more than glorified shinny.
Don't get me wrong I like both Ghetto and Hudon's edge work, but as far as anyone dominating anything pfui...

As far as Max Patch goes when you can only score on 1-10 breakaways you can take tbe word natural out of the equation. He is a goal scorer period. He would be a 50 goal scorer if he buried his chances...

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
2013 Prust is gonna be tough to replace I feel. Gonna miss him, honestly.

On another note, Chucky looks amazing.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yeah Pond Hockey,
There is nothing like a good ole red/white game to use as an assesment tool for your prospects.
You can't honestly think that this was anything more than glorified shinny.
Don't get me wrong I like both Ghetto and Hudon's edge work, but as far as anyone dominating anything pfui...

As far as Max Patch goes when you can only score on 1-10 breakaways you can take tbe word natural out of the equation. He is a goal scorer period. He would be a 50 goal scorer if he buried his chances...

I said Hudon dominated one shift against PK and Markov which is 100% true, stop acting like I said so much more than that. I am fully aware that if any of our top prospects dissapear in preseason they wont make the team, this ls a thread about today's game so it seems logical to talk about what we saw in todays game.

Lol about your point to prove Max is not a natural goal scorer, Ovy is much worse than him at breakaways, obviously he cant be a natural goal scorer than.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
2013 Prust is gonna be tough to replace I feel. Gonna miss him, honestly.

On another note, Chucky looks amazing.

Agreed on all counts. But with regard to Prust:

-Fighting is going down big time

-Prust 2016 wouldn't have been like Prust 2013, so the point ends up unfortunately moot. We had to replace him one way or another.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Being at the game, the forwards who stood out the most were obviously Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin. They understand each other well enough to execute complicated plays that no other line can make.

Defensively, Petry generated the most chances and got the puck out of his zone easily. Subban and Markov were really mailing it in, but it's not like they care about that game.

Tinordi, Gallagher and DD were invisible, barely saw them.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Being at the game, the forwards who stood out the most were obviously Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin. They understand each other well enough to execute complicated plays that no other line can make.

Defensively, Petry generated the most chances and got the puck out of his zone easily. Subban and Markov were really mailing it in, but it's not like they care about that game.

Tinordi, Gallagher and DD were invisible, barely saw them.

Just a note Subban and Marky were not mailing it.
They were being dominated by Hudon. :sarcasm:

There was this one particular shift especially...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really interested in the development of our prospects, more so than our veterans which I expected to show their professionalism. McCarron's skating & stamina is impressive for a humongous hockey player, as well his positioning, smarts for the game will most likely see him earn a role this season. That 's without seeing him apply his physical edges which most surely will have him head & shoulders above the competition, the kid's alright no doubting his ability to play at the NHL level, IMHO. Same story for JDLR, just outstanding skating ability and defensive prowess way beyond his yrs. barely 20 and plays like a veteran. Hudon whose play I've admired since he was playing for Team Canada the 1st time he was named to the team, Kid Hud has worked his butt off adding muscle and getting the pro physique necessary for a smaller player to succeed at the NHL level, love this players jamb. Next Scherbak has done all the right stuff, he's done the gymwork to add muscle and added a defensive acumen to his game, augmenting his offensive skills and becoming a two way player that's always a mandatory trait of Habs Championship players, no free rides due to skill, ask Guy Lafleur that's part of being a winner having a complete game, checking is part of that complete game! Go Habs Prospects Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap::popcorn: I could rave on about the Galchenyuk line but that's so obviously NHL Elite capable, anyone would notice, even a rookie fan can recognize that much talent on one line.

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Kassian, Semin... Much rather have any of these guys get top 6 minutes than Fleischmann.

He's alright, but if he gets a contract, I think it'll be as a depth signing, not a solution for the top 6.

Fleischmann would be a great insurance signing though, especially considering Kassian, Semin, and Eller are unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad