Canadiens and big games

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I think this deserves its own thread by now. There are certain games througout the season that I believe to mean more than just 2 points. These games are measuring sticks to see where the team stands amongst the very best in the league.

Here are the results for games in this calendar year that believe to be statement games. I know using Boston in this category may be a reach given their struggles, but I think it's always a big game when the habs and bruins go at it, and they were really hot when they met the habs.

@ pit 4-1 win
vs TB 4-2 loss
vs pit 2-1 otl
vs nyi 6-4 win
vs preds 2-1 win
@nyr 1-0 win
vs caps 1-0 win
@ bruins 3-1 win
@ det 2-0 win
@ stl 5-2 win

That brings the total to 8-1-1. Given this record, and the habs ability to elevate their game last year in the post season, is it valid to call this a big game team?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
7-1 Tampa loss

So far TB has handed us our *****, so in the 3 remaining games against them we need to win at least twice.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
The games that will define us going forward:

Western Road-Trip (March 2-6):
-SJS
-ANA
-LAK

The Triple Lightning Strike:
-March 10th (in Montreal)
-March 16th (in Tampa)
-March 30th (in Montreal)

Last 3 games heading into the Playoffs:
-FLA (in Sunrise)
-DET (in Montreal)
-in TOR for season finisher (Toronto's Stanley Cup Game 7)

9 of the remaining 22.
These ones are the games where I want to see the boys bring it to them.
As coaches will say: ''Compete level was there tonight''.

Specially The Bolts triplet seeing how we got our ***** handed to them the first two meetings, and the fact we'd see them before the ECF.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
People are mentioning Tampa, but I'm more nervous for the Rangers. They seem to play well against us ever since that playoff disappointment last year. It's like our players get visions of it every time we play NY.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
People are mentioning Tampa, but I'm more nervous for the Rangers. They seem to play well against us ever since that playoff disappointment last year. It's like our players get visions of it every time we play NY.

Every team I listed makes me nervous to varying degrees. They are good teams.

But its nice to see that they habs are finding ways to win against these types of teams in general.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Its pretty clear

the Eastern representative for the Cup Finals this year will be either

Montreal
Tampa
New York

will be an interresting playoffs, cant wait

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That Nashville game was awful, they outright dominated us.

They dominated in the first half, but Habs turned the momentum and kept it for the rest of the game. We deserved to win. Habs didn't just get lucky; they kept pressing, got the goal back and didn't quit.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
They dominated in the first half, but Habs turned the momentum and kept it for the rest of the game. We deserved to win. Habs didn't just get lucky; they kept pressing, got the goal back and didn't quit.

No no. Don't go against the grain here. This team sucks and price (who doesn't count as part of this team because of reasons) is the only positive aspect of our season.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
(...)
That brings the total to 8-1-1. Given this record, and the habs ability to elevate their game last year in the post season, is it valid to call this a big game team?

That's impressive. MB and MT are working on building a playoff team. It shows off in this kind of stats.

And then somehow, Habs are 1-6-0 against the 3 worst team in the NHL! :shakehead

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Thanks for the info. Bergevin certainly built a team with character players. At first I wasn't so sure what it really meant but you clearly see this team step up when the challenge is bigger.

7-1 Tampa loss

So far TB has handed us our *****, so in the 3 remaining games against them we need to win at least twice.

OP clearly said 2015.

Sorry, but this is cherry picking at its best.

Maybe you could tell us which games should be included?

Score 9 goals in 5 games. Win them all anyway, because Price.

Yup, this is a Therrien-coached team alright.

I believe winning tight games is a good sign going into the playoffs, no?

Pricef*

No no. Don't go against the grain here. This team sucks and price (who doesn't count as part of this team because of reasons) is the only positive aspect of our season.

So true!! **** this place sometimes...just so negative. :shakehead

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Its pretty clear

the Eastern representative for the Cup Finals this year will be either

Montreal
Tampa
New York

will be an interresting playoffs, cant wait

I'm not so sure. The Metro playoffs will be interesting. I could see any 1 of the Rangers, Islanders, Caps or Pens coming out of there. Those games should be very entertaining.

I do think the Atlantic comes down to the Habs and Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad