Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire Adam Cracknell from the NYRangers for Peter Holland

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The idiot Bergevin could not even get a 6th round pick thrown in.....this guy is just a train wreck.
But he got a 4th for mitchel, which is worth much more then a 6th you wanted. i am a huge MB crititc, but please some logic and perspective. This is a nothing trade, lets not make it into something.

Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But he got a 4th for mitchel, which is worth much more then a 6th you wanted. i am a huge MB crititc, but please some logic and perspective. This is a nothing trade, lets not make it into something.

Why do we make a nothing trade even if it's a AHL level trade? Do we not prefer to see our AHL team succeed? I guess we'll see...we have traded points for leadership. 'Cause somehow, Lefebvre and Co need that to fucntion properly. I'Ll be there on the 8th or 9th, so we will see what he's all about. Chose the teddy bear toss day, I want my girls to do some room cleaning...lolll

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I actually like Cracknell since he get hit but it's really just reshuffling chairs. Neither player is going to impact either team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The day people will realize that this team doesn't have the depth, isn't good enough to make great deals is the day we will understand why we can't make those deals. It's not that good players don't change adresses. It's that THIS team isn't good enough to dance. By acquiring a winger we hope can be a centerman, we had to completely ****ed our D depth despite losing Markov along the way. WE are not Nashville. Who can get rid of Jones and Girard and not even notice it. This team is in serious trouble to improve. I would have welcome Henrique. Anything better than what we have is making a better team. But it's not because we made a bad AHL deal today around the same time a NHL deal happen that it has to be related.

So because of that....I'M just not really surprised anymore. The only big deals possible could involve Galchenyuk. And a big maybe to Pacioretty. But again, it will create a HUGE hole. BUt we really have nothing else.
A month ago we could've traded our 2nd round pick for something valuable. At that point, Habs were a bottom-five team in a terrific draft position. Geez, a month ago our 1st round pick alone could've been swapped for a better center than Henrique.

I realize trading away great picks is a bold direction, but at least it's a direction. You'd be committing to a major reload, and likely coming out of it with a top center. If that wouldn't be enough and seems like a terrible waste of future assets, then commit to the opposite direction -- sell whatever assets we do have for other teams' picks. Right now we're floating in the middle -- unwilling to add new talent to contend now, unwilling to lose existing talent to contend later.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Why do we make a nothing trade even if it's a AHL level trade? Do we not prefer to see our AHL team succeed? I guess we'll see...we have traded points for leadership. 'Cause somehow, Lefebvre and Co need that to fucntion properly. I'Ll be there on the 8th or 9th, so we will see what he's all about. Chose the teddy bear toss day, I want my girls to do some room cleaning...lolll
you see back the day a certain dale weiss was acquired and this board went to hell. lets wait before reserving judgment

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Adam CrackerBarrel for Peter Holland? That's a bit juicy nothingburger with extra cheese. Nothing to see here.Two fringe players change up teams.Happens weekly in the NHL.You weren't getting picks for Holland as he's not worth any.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ideally, yes, let's aim even higher. Instead, we aimed lower and got Cracknell.

There's no link between these 2 trades, it just happened that they were made the same day...

A good #2C would be a nice improvement, no matter how you slice it. We need a C, NJ was trading a C, we didn't get a C. You must feel the frustration. Not to mention that Henrique's only 27, much younger than Plekanec.

I like Henrique but Vatanen is a solid top 4 PMD. I'm not frustrated because I can realize we didn't have the assets to get him...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I have a serious suspicion that management and the coaching staff doesn't see our centers like we all do.

It appears, at least based on the moves they make, that they think our centers are a strength and not a weakness.
This team has had trouble scoring for years. I'm pretty sure management knows there's a major problem and simply can't or won't make the necessary sacrifices to fix it.

I'm sure part of it involves Montreal's market, and players' unwillingness to be traded here. If so, the Habs have to change the perception of that culture to make their org more attractive.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Even in the NHL, Holland was known to be a lazy player.. my guess is maybe they wanted a better veteran "role model" type of guy to have around the young kids given right now we have Froese up.

Obviously hurts Laval in the short-term losing one of their best offensive guys, but having those hard working veterans (like a Darche back in the Boucher days) is always good to have around the kids.

Reactions: Max2

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Even in the NHL, Holland was known to be a lazy player.. my guess is maybe they wanted a better veteran "role model" type of guy to have around the young kids given right now we have Froese up.

Obviously hurts Laval in the short-term losing one of their best offensive guys, but having those hard working veterans (like a Darche back in the Boucher days) is always good to have around the kids.
well said, good to see some posters still use their brains while posting. Not just insults...

P.S now wait for them to take this reply as a defense of MB....lol

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's no link between these 2 trades, it just happened that they were made the same day...

I like Henrique but Vatanen is a solid top 4 PMD. I'm not frustrated because I can realize we didn't have the assets to get him...
There's a proximate link, if not a personnel link. Seeing both moves on the same day underlines our inability to trade for the very position that was traded. It's like getting the easiest category on Jeopardy: "A trade for a 4th liner, and a trade for a good center". Every single one of us would've pounced on the buzzer and screamed, "WHAT IS MONTREAL, AND ANY OTHER TEAM!!" The answer shouldn't be so damn obvious...

Reactions: BPD Habs Fan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin was just trying to appear busy in his office as Molson walked in, so he opened his yahoo league and clicked "accept" to the first thing he saw. "Just upped our hits and blocks, Geoff".

Just what George Costanza would have done while working for Steinbrenner.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013

You really want to give up a potential future star like Mete for Henrique who is a good player but at 27/28 is probably not going to get any better and is more suited as a winger?We don't want to give up any more of our young defensemen.Any trade for a center has to include a forward going the other way.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'm terribly frustrated that we haven't got the assets to obtain a top 4 Dman or a top 6 forward. You should be too. Minimal depth of skill in Montreal or Laval. One person is responsible for this.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This team has had trouble scoring for years. I'm pretty sure management knows there's a major problem and simply can't or won't make the necessary sacrifices to fix it.

I'm sure part of it involves Montreal's market, and players' unwillingness to be traded here. If so, the Habs have to change the perception of that culture to make their org more attractive.
I used to think this way, but now I'm not so sure that they see our center depth as a weakness.

Hell, before this past draft, they didn't even make drafting centers a priority.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess selling all our decent prospects for Duchene would have been wiser...

When you have a GM who gets rightfully bashed for his failed moves, I guess the next step in the chain for his supporters is to praise him for what he doesn't do.

On that basis, Bergevin is all the "wiser" for not having had a hand in the famine disaster, toxic waste dumps and tsunamis.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

We will see. Still tough to replace 18 points in 20 games. Yes, I know who HOlland is and can tell you that Lefebvre also thinks that and probably don't care he's gone. But Cracknell was seen as slowing down...in the AHL. BUt Like I said...we will see. Will see him up close and personal in about 1 week.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB is a great AHL gm, keep making those MB, that really helps the big club

Cause that's the job he's going to have once Geoff wakes up and puts an end to the train wreck of a management contingent he's been too busy ignoring in favor of ribbon cutting ceremonies, building condos and issuing Habs lottery tickets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From a Rangers fan perspective--Cracknell was laughably bad in the 4 games he played for us. He's got some size but he was easily outmuscled by smaller players and/or out maneuvered. He seems to have some balance issues. All I know is I never wanted to see him in a Rangers uniform again...so I'm happy he's gone. I don't know what to expect from Holland but I have to think we got a lot better player. Z-bad is concussed--how bad?--I don't know but we might get to see Holland sooner than later.

A ringing endorsement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad