Post-Game Talk: Canadiens 6 Bruins 4

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
With this roster? This roster is so overrated. It has three very good centers, one very good dman and then very average players. Oh sorry and a very good goalie. We have really no pure goal scorers, we are one of if not the slowest team in the league and we have below average defensemen.

This roster is underachieving. And slowest team in the league? They lost Iginla and Boychuk, hardly speed burners, were the Bruins the presidents trophy slowest team in the league last year?

Missing goal scorer for sure. Team's missing a top 6 RW. The defense would have been amazing with Boychuk in the lineup, near the best, if not the best. The team didn't have Seidenberg last year, still had a great defense. The difference between Seidenberg and Boychuk is small, even if Boychuk is better so far.

A lot of worst year careers are happening if the team keeps this up. Could happen, but I try and use some logic to a long season.

member 96824

He also wanted to be drafted by the Bruins

Don't Dan

Please....don't.

Ordered+a+new+monitor+last+night+wake+up+to+find+_1bc37ebdf127b27786b4d8fb90554db2.gif

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Habs fan coming in peace,

1st: I'm quite surprised to read Gallagher wanted to be drafted by the Bruins.. any prove ? just curious

2nd: Lucic and Marchand seem to distract your team... am I wrong !? I'll be honest, I hate both ( Lucic : only because i'd like him on our roster even if he's immature Marchand : Hate him plain and simple, little scrub, sucker punches, cheap shots, late hits and so on). Overall, would you agree to ship off Marchand if he has value around the league? ( would like your point of view as a Bruins fan)

3rd : Lucic's hit was legal... clearly Emelin turned his back right at the last second ..can't deny it ( even if Lucic's jerking move was stupid)

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Maybe the Bruins should sign Martin Brodeur and play him only against the Habs. The guy's got a 45-19-6 career record against them, with 9 SO, a 1.83 GAA and a 0.930 SV%.
What do they got to loose? :sarcasm:

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA

2nd: Lucic and Marchand seem to distract your team... am I wrong !? I'll be honest, I hate both ( Lucic : only because i'd like him on our roster even if he's immature Marchand : Hate him plain and simple, little scrub, sucker punches, cheap shots, late hits and so on). Overall, would you agree to ship off Marchand if he has value around the league? ( would like your point of view as a Bruins fan)
stupid)

I think Marchand does distract the team sometimes because he sticks out like a sore thumb on the Bruins. He'd be just another player on the Habs, and nobody would even notice his antics.

Kaoz*

If we did draft him, he wouldn't play anyways. So what's the point. This team is terrible. The response by the players is terrible. We done hit. We don't hold our own. We look neutered. Nobody blocks shots. Nobody. Not one player gets down. Its a disgrace. It pains me to watch them at this point.

Chia is to be blamed here and thats the way it is. Its his mess now we just have to deal with it.

How can you absolve the players playing the game?

Yes, Chia decided who the core was, and yes he gave them all contracts (and most NTC's/NMC's), but I thought people around here loved this core? At the end of the day those are the guys who are going to win or lose you hockey games.

The players aren't getting it done either, and that's also just the way it is.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
How can you absolve the players playing the game?

Yes, Chia decided who the core was, and yes he gave them all contracts (and most NTC's/NMC's), but I thought people around here loved this core? At the end of the day those are the guys who are going to win or lose you hockey games.

The players aren't getting it done either, and that's also just the way it is.

Because it's easier to blame the GM because he isn't your favorite player who is sucking.

OldFESeides

May 15, 2014

1st: I'm quite surprised to read Gallagher wanted to be drafted by the Bruins.. any prove ? just curious

3rd : Lucic's hit was legal... clearly Emelin turned his back right at the last second ..can't deny it ( even if Lucic's jerking move was stupid)

We welcome the logical folks here! We aren't savages.....

To answer your second question. I think both of them are great players, but they both get distracted FAR too easily. They let their emotions get the better of them. I'm more disappointed in Marchand than Lucic at this point. He was a guy who ghosted through the playoffs the past two years, and then the media came down on him. He said he wanted to prove them all wrong, and really show that he is a great player, and put a majority of his shenanigans to the side. Last night was the total opposite of that statement, taking piss poor penalties, ghosting around the ice...that's my issue with him right now.

The problem with shipping him currently is this, he is on a line the for the most part clicks...despite last nights effort. He's been playing with Bergeron for how many years now? I think a move like that would not only be detrimental to Marchand as a player, but the 2nd line that we currently have. That's just my two cents.

I'm tired of everyone talking about Lucic's surgery. I get it, as someone who has had multiple surgery's, but there comes a point where you need to play like you want to be on the ice. He disappears for lengths at a time and despite being a veteran it seems like he has always needed someone else to keep him level headed.

That's just my two cents.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

To answer your second question. I think both of them are great players, but they both get distracted FAR too easily. They let their emotions get the better of them. I'm more disappointed in Marchand than Lucic at this point. He was a guy who ghosted through the playoffs the past two years, and then the media came down on him. He said he wanted to prove them all wrong, and really show that he is a great player, and put a majority of his shenanigans to the side. Last night was the total opposite of that statement, taking piss poor penalties, ghosting around the ice...that's my issue with him right now.

The problem with shipping him currently is this, he is on a line the for the most part clicks...despite last nights effort. He's been playing with Bergeron for how many years now? I think a move like that would not only be detrimental to Marchand as a player, but the 2nd line that we currently have. That's just my two cents.

I'm tired of everyone talking about Lucic's surgery. I get it, as someone who has had multiple surgery's, but there comes a point where you need to play like you want to be on the ice. He disappears for lengths at a time and despite being a veteran it seems like he has always needed someone else to keep him level headed.

I know it's fun to hate on Marchand but he is one of the few guys bringing any skill and speed into the lineup each and every night. He isn't 'ghosting around'. The only time he fails brutally is when he pulls a Seguin and tries to do too much like dangle through 3 defensemen.

OldFESeides

May 15, 2014
I know it's fun to hate on Marchand but he is one of the few guys bringing any skill and speed into the lineup each and every night. He isn't 'ghosting around'. The only time he fails brutally is when he pulls a Seguin and tries to do too much like dangle through 3 defensemen.

Ghosting is probably the wrong word to use, and I agree he does bring the much needed skill and speed that we need to this team. I am talking about a lot of the bonehead stuff he tries to do vs playing the game we know he is capable of playing. That's the difference maker currently.

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK
Soderberg and Krejci were great as usual...

Bergeron was a ghost
Chara was a pylon all night long
Lucic and Marchand, not even worth commenting.

Now the real question, will Chiarelli wait until the Bruins are out of the playoffs and Soderberg decides to sign elsewhere before firing this mother****er behind the bench ? The garden will empty out soon enough with such a soft, boring, losing team.

I think he should wait longer than 6 games...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Completely agree.

And if Tampa kicked Montreals ass, how in the hell are we going to be able to beat Tampa Bay?? We have to be able to beat them too...

Match ups are funny like that.

A > B
C > A
C isn't necessarily better than B.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

Thanks for your input ! I always like to read how fans view their own team, even if we are involved in a pure rivalry! We all know there's some stupid fans, but also good ones for every team !

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Was quite happy to see our offense come alive, especially on the 2nd of back to back nights.

Turnovers in our zone and the neutral zone is what killed us. You could say Rask should have had one of the five, but he wasn't given much help last night at all.

Kaoz*

DK is getting it done :naughty:

His primary and secondary assist were light years ahead of Lucic's primary and secondary assist, the guy everyone is railing on in the Lucic thread right now.

Completely makes up for the fact that he was on the ice for 3 Habs goals. Loved that skate he went for on the second and fourth Habs goals, centers shouldn't have any defensive responsibility anyway... just kinda hanging out, skating in circles around the front of the net. Great seeing him get muscled off the puck by PK Subban for the proverbial nail in the coffin as well, Bruins identity and all, stronger then an average smurf, but not quite on par with a PK Subban smurf.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I agree with all of this.. especially when he tries to be Dangles McGoo.. You got talent.. but you're not getting through three defenders.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
I think Marchand does distract the team sometimes because he sticks out like a sore thumb on the Bruins. He'd be just another player on the Habs, and nobody would even notice his antics.

Nope, he's become one of the league's worst as far as distractions to the detriment of his own team and stupid antics are concerned.

I know it's fun to hate on Marchand but he is one of the few guys bringing any skill and speed into the lineup each and every night

When does that start ? :naughty:

Gallagher is what Marchand once was.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Way to stay in denial. "If we only had started an AHL goalie instead of our Vezina winner we would've possibly won." "If only we would've benched our star power forward Lucic and played AHL guys like Spooner instead we would've possibly won."

At what point do we admit that the Habs consistently outplay the Bruins as a team, and that the coaching staff responsible for the system and the preparation of the team is the one we should hold responsible?

Here's something to mull over: In 2013-14 the Bruins racked up 117 points, more than 29 other NHL teams and 17 points ahead of the Habs, Yet the Habs won the season series and ousted the Bruins from the playoffs despite not having home ice advantage. Was it because of superior strategy and tactics? If so, why didn't the other teams in the East use the same successful formula against the Bruins? It was an open book. All they to do was study the video. What was so special about the Habs that the other East teams lacked? For example, the Rangers didn't find the Habs particularly difficult to beat in the playoffs. On Monday TB demolished the Habs 7-1. Yet last night the Habs once again took the measure of the Bruins by playing the same way they always have against them. Was it because the Bruins had played the night before and the Habs hadn't? The Habs started the season with 4 games on the road, including back-to-back games (both of which they won). I can't account for the anomalies. Ideas, anyone?

Last edited:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Here's something to mull over: In 2013-14 the Bruins racked up 117 points, more than 29 other NHL teams and 17 points ahead of the Habs, Yet the Habs won the season series and ousted the Bruins from the playoffs despite not having home ice advantage. Was it because of superior strategy and tactics? If so, why didn't the other teams in the East use the same successful formula against the Bruins? It was an open book. All they to do was study the video. What was so special about the Habs that the other East teams lacked?

There is a saying in boxing: "Styles make fights". I think the same thing applies in hockey. Right now, the Habs are both too fast and too quick for the Bruins.

Also, I have no idea what Rask's record is against Montreal, but it has to be awful.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Marchand is a duster, seriously. Absolute sideshow.

PC should have traded him instead of Boychuk.

It's not only his antics ... he is steadily declining since 2011. And he is not worth 4,5M.

Oh, and he seems kind of immature with his stupid jokes all the time. Remember when he talked to Söderberg about how he should play like Bergy and Söderberg just reacted like "Don't get on my **** nerves, you moron."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad