Prospect Info: Canadiens 2015 Rookie Tournament Thread (Sept 11th to 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs seem to love inviting some of least interesting players on paper.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I have to say....our guys are incredibly imaginative....23 years old, not that great stats, playing for Quinnipiac....We'll see how that turns out.

As unsexy as it gets.

Oh well, he's 6'1

images

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wasnt Beaudoin the guy who took Crevier-Morin's spot last season when the latter got injured ?!

Speaking of Crevier-Morin, he pretty much spent the whole season on the DL with back problems, and the few games he played, he was obviously not 100% or in game shape. I saw the point of the invite last year but I don't think he's getting one this season.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I have to say....our guys are incredibly imaginative....23 years old, not that great stats, playing for Quinnipiac....We'll see how that turns out.

Don't be so hard on them, these type of players fill the ECHL rosters and we have a team now that we are solely responsible for helping them stock. As well there is the Rookie tournament that needs to ice a roster. If they signed him to a pro contract I also would be laughing with you, but this is just a try-out, so no harm no foul in my books. Hopefully the other try-outs will be of a higher quality.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't be so hard on them, these type of players fill the ECHL rosters and we have a team now that we are solely responsible for helping them stock. As well there is the Rookie tournament that needs to ice a roster. If they signed him to a pro contract I also would be laughing with you, but this is just a try-out, so no harm no foul in my books. Hopefully the other try-outs will be of a higher quality.

Not hard. I know that most of them are just fillers or that don't amount to anything anyway. Don't worry. Just that based on my list (though that would not amount to anything as well, honest enough to admit it...), those aren't sexy names.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
#Habs invite C Brandon Magee and D Travis Brown to July's development camp. Both played with Victoria (WHL) this past season.

Credit to HabsWorld.net

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
#Habs invite C Brandon Magee and D Travis Brown to July's development camp. Both played with Victoria (WHL) this past season.

Credit to HabsWorld.net

Why did Chicago not sign Brown? His stats were pretty impressive this season but I think he was an over-ager.

Magee is small, one of the higher point producers on his team and had a very good play-off.

More intriguing than the other two invitees.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Magee always impressed me when I watched Victoria....very involved..could be a valuable AHLer at the least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
5'8 150

I think the organization may feel they have enough of those kinds of players in the organization already

perhaps although we don't have too many undersized players in the AHL next year. Ghetto, Hudon, if Thomas is re-signed and clears waivers. MacMillan is on the skinny side last time I saw him. Just that he had another good year on a team that had a really good season. But he might have gotten interest from another team or he might just opt to return for his Junior year.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Didn't see this posted. The Habs are going to be replacing the Blackhawks in the Leafs' annual rookie tournament in London.
Habs haven't participated in a rookie tourney in a long time so this should be interesting to watch.

Bergevin has drafted and signed free agent players that provide a proper balance, giving their rookie team some of the toughness required to compete against these teams. To long did the Habs go with the idea that refereeing would preclude the continual physical domination and cheap shots, against the opposing teams better talents, which was the reason the Habs stopped playing in this tournament.

The Habs had issues in the past with teams dressing goons and not wanting to risk having their prospects injured by some scrub on another team trying to make a name for himself with a big hit or a fight or something. Which is valid too, I guess. But I think the positives outweigh the negatives overall.

I do not for a minute believe that the rough and tumble tactics some players display are gone, it is more a matter of our team finally employing the necessary toughness in their players.

Oh yeah I remember all that, I never thought it was a valid enough concern, but I also think that the time of the goon has passed more and more. And I was glad the Leafs were out since IIRC they were the main culprits. I don't think that'll be a problem anymore but yeah, never know.

It truly would be a revelation if the NHL actually passed legislation that precludes the use of goons, but after 60 yrs. of waiting for that day to arrive, I no longer hold much hope of this being the case.

Yeah, doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore. At least, I can't remember the last time I heard about a guy getting hurt by a cheapshot at a rookie tourney. :dunno:

Probably due to the fact our team was not participating, so none of our players were injured.

With McCarron, and likely guys like Thrower, Crisp, Fournier, we should have a few guys that can take care of themselves.

Add Deitz, Lernout, Didier, McNally & Nick Sorkin(if he is resigned) to the list of teammates that will stand up for their small statured teammates. (skilled playmaking players with plenty of heart, just not capable of fighting the goons.) Still very glad our team does not adhere to the notion of leading by example, which our opponents took every advantage possible, fear tactics being first on the list. Bullying teams that cannot match the opponents Truculence, a term used instead of goon, hoodlum, or gangster(old Marlies teammates :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad