OT: Canadian Tennis

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Missed the match, but glad to see he won in 5. Anderson will be a tough one, he's playing the best tennis of his career, but I think Shapovalov has some of the best upside of all the young guns I've seen on tour. Just glad I don't have to play in that heat, sheesh.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Missed the match, but glad to see he won in 5. Anderson will be a tough one, he's playing the best tennis of his career, but I think Shapovalov has some of the best upside of all the young guns I've seen on tour. Just glad I don't have to play in that heat, sheesh.

He needs to learn to control his emotions. He could've won the match earlier, but he got into his own head a bit.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I’ll say this: Canadian tennis is really evolving. Years ago I remember Frank Dancevic was the number 1 ranked Canadian player and he was ranked like 94 in the world. Nestor tears it up in doubles, Raonic I believe is in the top 20, and we have two up-and-coming young stars in Shapovalov and Auger-Aliassime. Canadian tennis is looking good.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m not a tennis fan at all, but it’s good to see they’re doing well. What ever became Canada’s Darling? I had a bit of crush on her in the day.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I’ll say this: Canadian tennis is really evolving. Years ago I remember Frank Dancevic was the number 1 ranked Canadian player and he was ranked like 94 in the world. Nestor tears it up in doubles, Raonic I believe is in the top 20, and we have two up-and-coming young stars in Shapovalov and Auger-Aliassime. Canadian tennis is looking good.

Felix is a beast. I hope that heart thing is not going to ruin his career, but he has a lot of raw skill and power.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m not a tennis fan at all, but it’s good to see they’re doing well. What ever became Canada’s Darling? I had a bit of crush on her in the day.
Playing this afternoon, she seems to have matured a bit.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Genie comes across as a player whose heart and head doesn't seem to be too much into the sport any more.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
High expectations for EB,that didn't pan out, so far anyway. She was hyped up to be better than her results have shown. Hope this don't happen to a certain hockey club we all support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad