Canadian Hockey players with the Order of Canada

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Anyone have a list? I am trying to go on memory but if it serves me correct it is Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Beliveau and Richard. Not sure if there is more or not.

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
Pretty sure there are/were a fair number more than that. For some reason Syl Apps comes to mind. Do know that Alan Eagleson is no longer allowed to use the secret handshake.

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I know Phil Esposito and Guy Lafleur have. I believe Red Kelly as well.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Father David Bauer is a member as well. I know, he's not a player, but he's a hockey icon....

Maurice Richard and Jean Béliveau are companions of the Order of Canada, which makes them... well, superior to regular members (if that makes sense)

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
You know how some people have complained how the HHOF isnt as exclusive as it used to be? That's nothing. The Order of Canada has disgraced the entire country by some of it's choices. No, not Eagleson. How about Henry Morgentaler receiving the award this summer. I'm sorry but I can no longer find the Order of Canada that special anymore since the father of Abortion in Canada gets honoured. No offense Mr. Beliveau...........

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You know how some people have complained how the HHOF isnt as exclusive as it used to be? That's nothing. The Order of Canada has disgraced the entire country by some of it's choices. No, not Eagleson. How about Henry Morgentaler receiving the award this summer. I'm sorry but I can no longer find the Order of Canada that special anymore since the father of Abortion in Canada gets honoured. No offense Mr. Beliveau...........

Well, I think many of us would benefit for having Morgantaler's balls, if you know what I mean.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

Keep politics out of the hockey sections.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well, I think many of us would benefit for having Morgantaler's balls, if you know what I mean.

No, not really. Not a big fan of the guy, but since we shouldnt discuss it here send me a PM if you want

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad