Canadian "Braintrust" should prepare to get roasted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerpaul*

:p: With the questionable roster selections of Canada's Olylmpic roster..should Canada not win gold.. all fingers should be pointed at the selection comittee. Rick Nash?...hasn't proven he can return to form from his injury. Kris Draper...11 points this year? There's a lot better 2-way/shut-down forwards out there, that are much more offensively dangerous. Staal, Spezza, Savard, McCabe should all be on this roster. :help:

Vic Rattlehead*

beerpaul said:
:p: With the questionable roster selections of Canada's Olylmpic roster..should Canada not win gold.. all fingers should be pointed at the selection comittee. Rick Nash?...hasn't proven he can return to form from his injury. Kris Draper...11 points this year? There's a lot better 2-way/shut-down forwards out there, that are much more offensively dangerous. Staal, Spezza, Savard, McCabe should all be on this roster. :help:

Oh right, you're the Savard fanatic.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
It's been a while since we've had a Savard whinefest, hasnt it?

I love the title of this thread. It is already assuming that Canada will lose.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
If anything, they should be roasted for not consulting with beerpaul before making their roster choices.

bhj

Mar 10, 2004
well.. Rick Nash come back has prove that he belongs to team Canada...
enough said.

Dogbert*

I like our chances with Nash and Draper a lot more than I'd like our chances with McCabe and Suckvard.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
Why do we even have a team GM, just take the top 13 forwards in points, top 7 defensemen in scoring plus +/-. We will clearly have taken the best team that way, no need to worry about silly things like playing defense and penalty killing, or having 10 centers.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
beerpaul said:

So let me get this straight we take off one of our good d men (and it pains me to put Regher in that class) for Mr Give away McCabe, that is great he scores all these points because if we took him then we would need them to offset the goals that would result because of his uselessness. You also talk about a better shut down forward - Hmm tell me who is better, the only one that comes close to Draper would be Peca but why would you want a 3 time cup winner and numerous gold meadlist (not taking anything away from Peca) who obvioulsy has shut down the big stars in the big game. As for Rick Nash yeah 102 points in 165 games doesn't warrent being there since that is obviously not offensivly dangerous (especially seeing how more than half of them are goals) as well the fact why would we want a full line of size out there (Nash - Thornton - Bertuzzi). I also love the inclusion of Savard out there one question - why ? this should be good

beerpaul*

gr8haluschak said:
So let me get this straight we take off one of our good d men (and it pains me to put Regher in that class) for Mr Give away McCabe, that is great he scores all these points because if we took him then we would need them to offset the goals that would result because of his uselessness. You also talk about a better shut down forward - Hmm tell me who is better, the only one that comes close to Draper would be Peca but why would you want a 3 time cup winner and numerous gold meadlist (not taking anything away from Peca) who obvioulsy has shut down the big stars in the big game. As for Rick Nash yeah 102 points in 165 games doesn't warrent being there since that is obviously not offensivly dangerous (especially seeing how more than half of them are goals) as well the fact why would we want a full line of size out there (Nash - Thornton - Bertuzzi). I also love the inclusion of Savard out there one question - why ? this should be good
:dunno: Why Not? But I can see your point. Who would want a player that sits third in NHL scoring, who sees the ice and sets up Kovalchuk with Gretzky-like passes. I'm not saying he's Gretzky...Gretzky like.. with his offensive creativity and passing abilities. :confused:

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
beerpaul said:
:dunno: Why Not? But I can see your point. Who would want a player that sits third in NHL scoring, who sees the ice and sets up Kovalchuk with Gretzky-like passes. I'm not saying he's Gretzky...Gretzky like.. with his offensive creativity and passing abilities. :confused:

This is the same MArc Savard who had done NOTHING PRIOR TO KOVALCHUK being paired with him but all of a sudden has a great season, hmm why could that be ?

and don't ever insult Gretzky by saying Savard passes like him because he doesn't he just rides the coattails of his linemate - plain and simple

beerpaul*

gr8haluschak said:
This is the same MArc Savard who had done NOTHING PRIOR TO KOVALCHUK being paired with him but all of a sudden has a great season, hmm why could that be ?

and don't ever insult Gretzky by saying Savard passes like him because he doesn't he just rides the coattails of his linemate - plain and simple
It's frustrating reinforming the uninformed. Here we go again. 1: Savard was easily leading the Thrashers in points before Kovy returned to the team in the fall. 2: Coversely, I wonder why Bondra was having a rejuvinated year playing with Savard...after being a zero the year before in Ottawa? 3: If you watched the last 10 goals Kovy has scored, Savard has made great passes to him on most of the goals. It's not only me who says Savard makes "Gretzkylike" passes, the commentator for the Penguins was saying the same thing during Atlanta's recent sweep. Watch and listen to the highlights at www.atlantathrashers.com. :rant:

shawn_kemp*

I think the thread starter is right in a way : Spezza, Savard, McCabe should be on the team.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Savard was easily leading the Thrashers in points before Kovy returned to the team in the fall.

You mean in the first 3 games of the season that Kovy missed, where the Thrashers played the CAPITALS? Wow, tough back-to-back series. Funny how Savard picked up 8 points in two games against Washington and none against Florida.

Coversely, I wonder why Bondra was having a rejuvinated year playing with Savard...after being a zero the year before in Ottawa?

Butter-soft EV ice-time would do it.

If you watched the last 10 goals Kovy has scored, Savard has made great passes to him on most of the goals.

Well, he's only had first assists on 5 of them, so that immediately discredits the notion that "most" were great passes. Now I'd have to go back and actually look at them.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
thomasincanada said:
McCabe? I disagree wholeheartedly. Give me Phaneuf on the team before McCabe any day.
I'm with you on that completely. AND, I don't want Savard to even watch the Canada Olympic games, much less play on the team.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
beerpaul said:
:p: With the questionable roster selections of Canada's Olylmpic roster..should Canada not win gold.. all fingers should be pointed at the selection comittee. Rick Nash?...hasn't proven he can return to form from his injury.

Nope... Rick Nash hasn't returned to form. :shakehead

12 games, 10 goals, 5 assists and is a+ 2.

Oh, and he still isnt 100%... more like 80% accoind to McLean...

beerpaul*

Mr Bugg said:
You mean in the first 3 games of the season that Kovy missed, where the Thrashers played the CAPITALS? Wow, tough back-to-back series. Funny how Savard picked up 8 points in two games against Washington and none against Florida.

Butter-soft EV ice-time would do it.

Well, he's only had first assists on 5 of them, so that immediately discredits the notion that "most" were great passes. Now I'd have to go back and actually look at them.
:confused: Well why don't you. It would be a first. Someone who slams Savard who actually watched him PLAY. :banghead: Go to www.atlantathrashers.com.

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
i agree that this line-up is terrible (and was picked a year ago with no relationship to how anyone's playing this year). i'm embarrassed they're going to have the symbol of my home of their jersey -- that hockey lovers and sports fans the world over are going to come away with "the ugly Canadian" image after seeing this team brutuzzi lowlights replayed over & over in every country with a television set.

i hope canada doesn't even get bronze so this nepotists crew doesn't have a hand in 2010 and i can hopefully be proud again of my national team instead of being embarrassed by the worst person in hockey representing my country.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
top_gun36 said:
So which center you want to replace with your following choices?

Sakic? Thornton? Richards? Lecavalier?

C'mon, it's not that outlandish. Thornton is the only one having what I would call a really great season. Sakic is doing decent, and the Tampa guys could probably be viewed as a bit of a dissapointment so far. Make no mistake, this roster isn't the "best" players as of right now. It's heavily based on loyalty

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I wouldnt kick Richards off this teasm if he had just stolen my car. He is quickly becoming a clutch player much like Sakic. Its Draper, Doan and Bertuzzi that make me raise an eyebrow.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I wouldnt kick Richards off this team if he had just stolen my car. He is quickly becoming a clutch player much like Sakic. Its Draper, Doan and Bertuzzi that make me raise an eyebrow. Not to mention Foote. How Phaneuf and Crosby were left off is unclear to me.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
First, Savard should not be on Team Canada. Second, Rick Nash so far is having an outstanding year and he isn't 100% healthy yet. If you want those players to be on the team then who do you take off. Who would be a better checking center than Draper? The only thing I would do is get rid of Bertuzzi and put Eric Staal on the team. Bertuzzi is lazy, takes bad penatlies and he is having a terrible year.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Rick Nash has missed 2/3 of the CBJ season so far and is what, 3 goals from being their leading goalscorer? Yeah, team Canada's going to suck with him on the team for sure...

Dion Mustard*

gr8haluschak said:
So let me get this straight we take off one of our good d men (and it pains me to put Regher in that class) for Mr Give away McCabe, that is great he scores all these points because if we took him then we would need them to offset the goals that would result because of his uselessness…... As for Rick Nash yeah 102 points in 165 games doesn't warrent being there since that is obviously not offensivly dangerous (especially seeing how more than half of them are goals) as well the fact why would we want a full line of size out there (Nash - Thornton - Bertuzzi). I also love the inclusion of Savard out there one question - why ? this should be good

I love how some are so eager to over look the deficiencies in Rick Nash’s all round game and only concentrate on his offence numbers, yet won’t do the same for McCabe. At the end of the day, Canada is going to be playing some power house teams if they want to medal. Taking one dimensional players, one position players in any spot is a huge mistake.

For the record, I don’t think either should be there.

Nope... Rick Nash hasn't returned to form.

12 games, 10 goals, 5 assists and is a+ 2.

Oh, and he still isnt 100%... more like 80% accoind to McLean...

One look at the Jacket’s record with MacLean at the helm, and yet MacLean thinks things are find in Columbus, makes me wonder why anyone could take what he say’s seriously.

Nash is at 100%. He wouldn’t play if he wasn’t.

Rick Nash has missed 2/3 of the CBJ season so far and is what, 3 goals from being their leading goalscorer? Yeah, team Canada's going to suck with him on the team for sure...

Couldn’t that be more of an indication of how poorly managed and coached your team is? The Jackets need players, any players. Canada already has a ton of talent. They don’t need guys with a history of not winning, being injured, and not knowing the name of his goalie on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad