Olympics: Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium released its interactive Viewers' Guide

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
Canadian broadcasts

I think I figured out the play-by-play part of it anyway . . .

Round-robin — 3 games a day, always at the same time.

Loubardias does all the noon/3:00 early games

Cuthbert does all the 4:30/7:30 Canada games

Gord Miller does all the 9PM/midnight games (Russia, and the Sweden-Finland final night)

That way each voice will be on a regular 24 hour schedule.

And that same pattern/hierarchy will repeat through the elimination games.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
CTV is saying it'll be released soon.

they're past that Feb. 1st deadline that they set for themselves

LAMONT JENKINS

May 8, 2007
CTV's schedule is now online.
You can search by day as well!
It is the interactive link on the left of the page.

ctvolympics.ca

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Here it is in EST

TUE,FEB 16
3:00 PM USA vs. SUI TSN
7:30 PM CAN vs. NOR CTV
12:00AM RUS vs. LAT CTV

WED,FEB 17
3:00 PM FIN vs. BEL TSN
7:30 PM SWE vs. DEU TSN
12:00AM CZE vs. SVK SNET

THU,FEB 18
3:00 PM USA vs. NOR SNET
7:30 PM SUI vs. CAN CTV
12:00AM SVK vs. RUS TSN

FRI,FEB 19
3:00 PM BEL vs. SWE SNET
7:30 PM CZE vs. LAT SNET
12:00AM FIN vs. DEU CTV

SAT,FEB 20
3:00 PM NOR vs. SUI SNET
7:30 PM LAT vs. SVK SNET
12:00AM DEU vs. BEL TSN

SUN,FEB 21
3:00 PM RUS vs. CZE TSN
7:45 PM CAN vs. USA CTV
12:00AM SWE vs. FIN CTV

TUE,FEB 23
3:00 PM QUAL 1 SNET **usa if in Qual
7:30 PM QUAL 2 CTV **Can if in Qual
10:00PM QUAL 3 TSN
12:00AM QUAL 4 CTV

WED,FEB 24
3:00 PM QF 1 SNET **usa if in QF
7:30 PM QF 2 CTV **Can if in QF
10:00PM QF 3 TSN
12:00AM QF 4 CTV

FRI,FEB 26
3:00 PM SF 1 CTV **usa if in SF
9:30 PM SF 2 CTV **can if in SF

SAT,FEB 27
10:00PM BRONZE CTV

SUN,FEB 28
3:15 PM GOLD CTV

Last edited:

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
AHh that's great... now I can work on scheduling the games on vcr and etc while at work... gonna enjoy the hockey games for sure...

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This is going to be so much fun, I am such a fan of the Winter Olympics mainly the hockey though, I have booked two weeks vacation(still have 4 left :) off work so I can stay up late to watch it all, I live in Atlantic Canada so some games will start at 1 am for us. I think it is as exciting if not moreso than the NHL playoffs, I will watch every game even if Germany and Belarus are playing, I will be watching. I hope eveyone will enjoy it the way I know I will.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
CTV and Rogers media have announced plans to offer viewers at select Canadian cable companies more than 700 hours of Video On Demand television coverage of the 2010 Winter Games.

Video on Demand (VOD) is a digital cable television service which allows a viewer to order a television program from an on-screen menu and have it delivered instantly to the television set, typically with the ability to pause, stop, rewind and fast forward programming.

CTV and Rogers said Olympic VOD programming will be offered free of charge to digital cable subscribers at Delta, Eastlink, Rogers, Shaw and Source Cable. Viewers at two of Canada’s largest cable companies – Cogeco and Videotron – will not be offering the service.

The broadcasters say that all coverage will be available within 24 hours after its original airing so it is ideal for when subscribers missed live coverage the day before or to relive the excitement of a particular even.

The on demand program to be made available will be the opening ceremony beginning Saturday, Feb. 13th, on day after the games begin. Throughout the Games, additional coverage will include all Team Canada hockey games, event coverage carried by CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, OLN, V and RDS, and the Closing Ceremony.

Rogers will capture and encode the live feeds from CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, OLN, V and RDS and make them available to Shaw Cable, EastLink Cable, Delta Cable and Source Cable for distribution.

Discuss in Digital Home’s Sports Programming discussion forum.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Source Digitalhome Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad