U18: CANADA vs USA tonight 9:00pm ET

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
This will be a battle tonight. Losers play for Bronze, winner plays for Gold Tomorrow.

Predictions?????

38850828_10155742827621497_5999439386838564864_o.jpg

Last edited:

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
Always a great match-up between these two. However, I think Canada takes this one convincingly. Canada is so deep that I think the relentless pressure from their fore check will keep USA hemmed in their own end. Predicting 5-2 Canada.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Always a great match-up between these two. However, I think Canada takes this one convincingly. Canada is so deep that I think the relentless pressure from their fore check will keep USA hemmed in their own end. Predicting 5-2 Canada.

Yeah, I'd be more excited for the matchup if the US team included NTDP players.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The Hlinka has always been a showcase for non USNDTP. USA Hockey gives others a chance for recognition since the u-18 in the Spring is the full USNDP squad plus maybe 1-2 players from the CHL.

When you go the USNDP route, they are the ones who compete internationally for the US as part of the "lure" to play there. Outside of the WJC obviously, this is the only tournament that does not get USNDP players unless they missed significant time to injury which we have seen a few of those make these teams as well.

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
I agree with comments above. This USA team will not be able to compete with the Canadian Team. The score should be worse than the 8-3 loss to the Russians. I will guess 7-1 Canada.

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
The Hlinka has always been a showcase for non USNDTP. USA Hockey gives others a chance for recognition since the u-18 in the Spring is the full USNDP squad plus maybe 1-2 players from the CHL.

When you go the USNDP route, they are the ones who compete internationally for the US as part of the "lure" to play there. Outside of the WJC obviously, this is the only tournament that does not get USNDP players unless they missed significant time to injury which we have seen a few of those make these teams as well.

Oh ok this makes sense. So I take it they mainly take American players who play USHS, USHL? and maybe some NCAA players (Ryan Poehling).

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
If they dont call this a goal it will be a joke. I get that Red Deer didnt have review, but the semi finals and final absolutley should, this is an NHL arena

edit: good on the refs for getting it right without review

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Jerseys are so interesting from just 5-10 years ago. Who would expect Canada to be wearing black or these USA jerseys.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Dach just missed that wide open net on the pass from Krebs.

Now 2-2, games is off to a fast pace, lots of chances.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I agree with comments above. This USA team will not be able to compete with the Canadian Team. The score should be worse than the 8-3 loss to the Russians. I will guess 7-1 Canada.
Yea probably not . So how did they do? lol

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Well USA got royally screwed. Since they don't have replay, they couldn't review Canada's tying goal, which went in after time expired. A huge injustice for those kids.

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
Yea probably not . So how did they do? lol
I have to admit I was shocked by how close the game was. And, from what I have gathered here and from talking to people who watched it, the USA should have won that game! It appears that there is far more depth in USA hockey that I imagined! Good for them!

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have to admit I was shocked by how close the game was. And, from what I have gathered here and from talking to people who watched it, the USA should have won that game! It appears that there is far more depth in USA hockey that I imagined! Good for them!
Yea i from Manitoba but go down to watch UND games { Div 1 } and Fargo Force { USHL} games for about 5 years now . I have seen this coming for a few years , they are a coming .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad