Canada vs US

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I think all the non-vets play 2 games so roster is set but I bet even the coach hasn't placed in his lines quite yet haha.

Canada's defencemen today are: Heatherington, Matheson, Severson, Morrissey, Pouliot, Dumba and Nurse
Forwards for Canada are: Shinkaruk, Wilson, Domi, McDavid, Girard, Petan, Monahan, Laughton, Gauthier, Reinhart, Lazar, Leipsic, Horvat

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
USA
Matteau-O'Regan-Barber
Kerdiles-Shore-Erne
Stepan-Nieves-Samuelsson
DiPauli-Copp-Fasching
Toninato

Butcher-Pesce
Skjei-Carrick
Sieloff-Grzelcyk
McCoshen-Santini

Gillies
Stolarz

CAN
Monahan-Gauthier-Lazar
Horvat-Laughton-Shinkaruk
Domi-McDavid-Reinhart
Leipsic-Petan-Wilson
Girard

Nurse-Dumba
Pouliot-Severson
Morrissey-Heatherington
Matheson

Paterson
Comrie

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If anyone is going to watch this game and give us their thoughts it would be appreciated.
If everyone is going to spend a nice Saturday afternoon like this outside, that's cool too. ;)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Kind of disappointed that they seem locked in to the idea of Petan as a center. If they keep that up I don't think he'll make the team. He's only going to make it in a top 6 role and I think he's more likely to make it as a top wing then center. Unless Monahan makes the NHL or Mcdavid is cut because of his age Petan could be on the outside looking in.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kind of disappointed that they seem locked in to the idea of Petan as a center. If they keep that up I don't think he'll make the team. He's only going to make it in a top 6 role and I think he's more likely to make it as a top wing then center. Unless Monahan makes the NHL or Mcdavid is cut because of his age Petan could be on the outside looking in.

Yup, he will be in tough if its center or bust. Good news is that its only the summer camp and that there is plenty of time for Sutter and the staff to devise different scenario's. As you said who knows what players will be available in December.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, he will be in tough if its center or bust. Good news is that its only the summer camp and that there is plenty of time for Sutter and the staff to devise different scenario's. As you said who knows what players will be available in December.

I think he'll be 13th fwrd at worst.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Morrisey was very good in the first. He looks very smoothe and poised.
Copp was one of the better US players.
Petan didn't do much except cover for a couple defensemen rushing up into the play.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Slightly OT:
I hate this stupid "Canada has to be tough" syndrome in how it ends up encouraging our players to pass the line. It's exhibition games and the amount of penalties in the last 4 periods of play has been ****ing stupid.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@coreypronman
In first liked: Domi (PHX), McJesus (2015), Shinkaruk (VAN), Carrick (WSH), Pouliot (PIT), Severson (NJD), Monahan (CGY), Laughton (PHI)
Also liked Grzelcyk (BOS) and Butcher (COL).

@chrismpeters
USA Standouts in Period 1: Gillies, McCoshen, Barber, Grzelcyk, Butcher, Carrick, Fasching. Good flashes: Santini, O'Regan, Pesce.

I'll give my individual thoughts at end but Canada would be winning 2-0 not losing if they weren't stupid with penalties like always.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Isn't Petan supposed to be a speedy little guy? He's not moving much so far. Seems to be suffering from the "Scheifele drift".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad