Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Canada dominated the game but needed extra time to get past Costa Rica in the Gold Cup.

They'll face the winner of USA/Colombia in the SF.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No Vitoria either which was interesting to me.

Also really annoyed we didn't get a home announcement. Both the Netherlands and Mexico are great friendlies, but far from home...

Reactions: Tuggy

matand

Mar 10, 2024
No Vitoria either which was interesting to me.

Also really annoyed we didn't get a home announcement. Both the Netherlands and Mexico are great friendlies, but far from home...
We also will have another friendly in September so 4 Friendly's likely away from home wondering where are they getting this money from but so far blue is doing a good job now we need to qualify for Copa and find a top manager

Reactions: robertmac43

matand

Mar 10, 2024
Wonder if Biello felt Borjan and Vitoria weren't pulling in the preferred direction?
Bombito earned the spot he's been really good. To be honest I still rather them call up Zack Mcgraw and have him play with Miller because they have good chemistry together and both play every game together I also think he's better then Bombito

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We also will have another friendly in September so 4 Friendly's likely away from home wondering where are they getting this money from but so far blue is doing a good job now we need to qualify for Copa and find a top manager
My guess is if Biello wins the T&T game he will get the nod to manage at COPA... Not my first choice but knowing Canada Soccer they will see this as a budget friendly way to move forward.

matand

Mar 10, 2024
My guess is if Biello wins the T&T game he will get the nod to manage at COPA... Not my first choice but knowing Canada Soccer they will see this as a budget friendly way to move forward.
I doubt it I would have to look it up but it was already confirmed he would take a spot within the the Canadian Soccer Association and who ever becomes manager will bring his own people in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I doubt it I would have to look it up but it was already confirmed he would take a spot within the the Canadian Soccer Association and who ever becomes manager will bring his own people in.
I thought I saw Kloke and some of the other Canada Soccer media saying Biello is in the running to get the job based on how he does with the interim tag.

He's also made it known he wants to stay in the position beyond the T&T game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad