Dec 10, 2006
Roster announced on December 30th.

MY TEAM CANADA

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Jarome Iginla
Patrick Marleau - Joe Thornton - Dany Heatley
Brad Richards* - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Brenden Morrow - Mike Richards - Martin St. Louis**
Jonathan Toews

* - It's hard to ignore his pace this season. He's reliable defensively, and can easily play left wing.

** - I want Patrice Bergeron there, but Yzerman has said that they will try to avoid carrying 6 centers...(5 for sure, but maybe 6)

I really feel bad for Doan as he always participates for Canada at WHC, but he just hasn't played as well to overtake other players.

Scott Neidermayer - Chris Pronger
Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Dan Boyle - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester

Mike Green and Drew Doughty were tough choices to leave off.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL

MY TEAM CANADA

Jonathan Toews

* - It's hard to ignore his pace this season. He's reliable defensively, and can easily play left wing.

** - I want Patrice Bergeron there, but Yzerman has said that they will try to avoid carrying 6 centers...(5 for sure, but maybe 6)

I really feel bad for Doan as he always participates for Canada at WHC, but he just hasn't played as well to overtake other players.

Dan Boyle - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury

I don't know about Mike Richards but, that's just because I don't like him (as per personal opinion). Besides that I agree with this. Doughty really would make any other team but I think you're right with putting Seabrook with Keith.

Elim99

Oct 22, 2006

MY TEAM CANADA

Jonathan Toews

Dan Boyle - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury

I like your lineup. The only change I would make it is to take St. Louis off and replace him with a young player who will provide some spark.
Maybe Stamkos, but he's a center though.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Mike Richards is Babcock's favorite player, or atleast he said that Richards impressed him the most during summer camp.

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Jarome Iginla *C* LOCKED
Dany Heatley - Joe Thornton - Patrick Marleau LOCKED
Martin St. Louis - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry SEMI LOCKED
Bredan Morrow - Brad Richards - Johnathon Toews
Eric Staal

Chris Pronger *A* - Scott Niedamayer *A* LOCKED
Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook LOCKED
Dan Boyle - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester/Dion Phanuef

Martin Brodeur LOCKED
Roberto Luongo LOCKED
Marc Andre Fleury LOCKED

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Here's my roster:

Nash - Crosby - Iginla
Heatley - Getzlaf - Perry
Morrow - M.Richards - Toews
E.Staal - Thornton - Carter
St. Louis

Pronger - Niedermayer
Weber - Bouwmeester
Boyle - Keith
Phaneuf

Brodeur/Luongo
Fleury

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

MY TEAM CANADA

Jonathan Toews

Dan Boyle - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury

Not bad, but you need a right shooting center with a high faceoff percentage; Getzlaf is below 50%. So you may get your wish that Patrice Bergeron be on the team (59%), or Mike Fisher (53%).

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
"God Bless Canada: Why would Canada take two players from an organization that hasn't made the playoffs since 2000, and hasn't won a playoff series since 1996?"

That is probably the stupiest thing I've heard. When did the team start to matter? You pick the best players available ofc, and Horton is one of them! He has the most, and this season compaired to the other seasons he has a heart. A PPG player, that is big and physical, IMO he should be on the 4th line more than Doan, Penner etc.

I don't see the problem with not playing in many meaningful games, the new Horton would probably get motivated ALOT by the chance to take a gold medal.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
The Dion said:
I'll take Don't believe what you read on HF boards for a 1,000 Alex!

I live in Calgary and have tickets to many games, I dont go by what other posters say.

Dion is not ready for the Olympics, and neither is Green.

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
Crosby, Iginla, and Nash, while all locks to make the team, are NOT locks to play together!

mur.gif

Crosby and Nash are, Babcock said "we think there's something there" between Crosby and Nash.... but he said this AFTER he moved Iginla off the line at the summer camp, and put St. Louis on there.

Nash - Crosby - ????? (locks to play together)
Marleau- Thornton- Heatley (locks to play together)
Getzlaf- Perry (locks to play together)

Iginla- Lock to make the team.

Those 8 will make it, guaranteed.

Other players in the hunt:

E. Staal- good chance

M. Richards (I still think he makes it)

Doan (hope he doesn't but Hockey Canada likes him)

St. Louis (I figure he's the leading candidate to play the first line)

Stamkos (he seems to be an afterthought now, but he's 6th in the league in GOALS, which Canada couldn't do in Turin, and might be the best skater in the game, which is a huge plus. I really hope he puts together a late charge and makes it).

Bergeron (I think he makes it as the 13th forward, mainly because he's a right handed shot and is great at faceoffs).

Morrow- Cliche pick, I hope he's left out.

Toews- Great all around player, excellent defensively and can score, I think he's there.

Penner- Hes' in the hunt, but I think/hope he's left out. His "instant chemistry" with Getzlaf and Perry makes me laugh, he had 45 points that year.

Carter- played his way off the team.

I'd like to see.

Nash - Crosby - Stamkos
Marleau- Thornton- Heatley
Staal- Getzlaf- Perry
Toews - M. Richards- Iginla
Bergeron

Roll the 4 lines.

Niedermayer- Weber
Pronger- Boyle
Keith- Seabrook
Bouwmeester

Brodeur
Luongo
Fleury

PP1- Stamkos (right handed sniper)- Crosby- Nash (left handed sniper)
Boyle (QB)- Pronger (blast from point)

PP2- Iginla (right handed sniper)- Thornton- Heatley (left handed sniper)
Weber (blast from point)- Keith (QB)

PK-1 Richards- Marleau
Bouwmeester- Niedermayer

PK- 2 Bergeron- Toews
Keith- Seabrook

SnipeCheeseAllDay

Jan 16, 2007
Toronto
Nash - Crosby - Iginla
Heatley - Thornton - Marleau
Toews/Staal - Getzlaf - Perry
Doan - M.Richards - Carter

Niedermayer - Pronger
Keith - Green
Boyle - Weber

Luongo
Brodeur
Fleury

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
Players that have sustained injuries during the season, ie Staal, Savard and Ward (even though he wouldn't have made it), typically wont make the team.

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
A nice take on Team Canada's probable team -> http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/?p=8289 :yo: Go Canada go!

I dont think that guy knows what he's talking about. The team dynamic is bad, some of the players have no chance of making it. He doesn't even have the Thornton line with the right RW and LW. The defence is not built with the right balance of player types. The guy even considers Camalleri as an option (a guy who wasn't invited to the camp and is having a worse year this year than last). Green and Doughty were invited as honorary players. They are too young and need to work on their defensive game. Gotta love the uniformed posters on HF. We're not building an all-star team, we are building a winning team.

bigtimehockeyfan

Nov 26, 2009
Yzerman would be a fool to not have St. Louis and Stamkos

Ever since the world championships last Spring, the St. Louis/Stamkos chemistry is through the roof (Stamkos 7 goals, 11 points in 9 games..St. Louis 15 points in 9 games in the WC). Both are fast, can score and St. Louis brings that experience that not only helps Stamkos, but the rest of the players.

This would be a dumb move if Stevie decides to leave out one of these two, or even worse both.

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
um, NO. Size and grit are the corner stones of this team. St. Louis is getting too old (and is too small) and Stamkos is too young and inexperienced (the kid could be in Regina competing with teenagers right now).

bigtimehockeyfan

Nov 26, 2009
um, NO. Size and grit are the corner stones of this team. St. Louis is getting too old (and is too small) and Stamkos is too young and inexperienced (the kid could be in Regina competing with teenagers right now).

Yeah, and he'd have 74 goals in 5 games.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Yeah, and he'd have 74 goals in 5 games.
now you're just being silly.

anyways, the main point you bring up about st louis and stammer is their chemistry. The truth is i dont see how they end up playing together even if they are both on the team.

Try fitting them into this:

Nash-Crosby-Iginla
-Thornton-Heatley
-Getzlaf-Perry
? ? ?

do you honestly want canada playing a 4th line of ?-Stamkos-St. Louis? Dont you think it would be more beneficial to have some players like M. Richards, Morrow, Doan, Fisher, etc. in that role? I Personally like St. Louis to make the team in one of those remaining wing spots, possibly even taking the spot on the first line if iggy doesnt develop better chemistry with nash and crosby, but i dont see space for stamkos on this team.

If you're so certain about these two, however, i challenge you to make a forward lineup including them playing together. We'll see how other posters react.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
if Stephen weiss played in Canada he'd be getting the love he should ... This guys has such character and has been playing great lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad