GDT: Canada - Latvia

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
True, but seeing Myers on the PP still makes my eyes bleed.
that's on Tourigny, what the f*** is he doing playing slow, defensive players on a PP - when Canada can go for the kill shot? Latvia is playing shorthanded with offensive players; force them to defend.
Not the brightest coach and he was dressed like a hitman at a wedding today

What do you mean by “the IIHF rigged the game for ratings”? Genuinely baffling.
Well d'uh, it's because Canada's E team needed help beating Latvia

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Cheap shot Latvians. Twice Weegar is hit head first into the boards and no ejection. Didn't care who won until the slew foot and first hit on Weegar. Seider gets a bs ejection a couple of games ago for a hit when the asshole ooponent turned into the boards 2 seconds before the hit. Weegar was facing the boards the entire time on both hits.
This Wegar guy sure looks like it was his first game ever. Gets the puck, stands on straight legs with his head down. Gets tossed around like a rag doll.

Otherwise, deserved win for Canada. But they definitely need to practice standing on their scates some more. Landed on their butt from every slight breeze.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Some people are claiming that the refs are rigging the game so more North Americans tune in and simultaneously say that North American viewers don’t care about this tournament. My post is making fun of those people
Ah yes! You are absolutely right! Given how many people here genuinely believe in conspiracy theories rather than just sheer international referee incompetence, I feared you may be serious.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This Wegar guy sure looks like it was his first game ever. Gets the puck, stands on straight legs with his head down. Gets tossed around like a rag doll.

Otherwise, deserved win for Canada. But they definitely need to practice standing on their scates some more. Landed on their butt from every slight breeze.
especially renowned diver Milan Lucic

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

This is nice to hear because usually it’s Canada portrayed as a bunch of dirty barbarians hitting guys from behind.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I like the way the Latvians played. Some creative hockey and effective use of the big ice. Can't stand the makeup of this Canadian team. I can't believe they are playing for gold. I thought they would be challenging for 6th place.

Myers is just painful to watch. He will cost Canada the gold singlehandedly.

• Haha

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I like the way the Latvians played. Some creative hockey and effective use of the big ice. Can't stand the makeup of this Canadian team. I can't believe they are playing for gold. I thought they would be challenging for 6th place.

Myers is just painful to watch. He will cost Canada the gold singlehandedly.
Dread it, run from it. Big red maple machine always arrives

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
U.S has lost 7 semi finals in a row, the numbers have to swing your way at some point, I think that will be today, no better chance to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad