GDT: Canada - Latvia

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Let's go boys!!

Canada with 6 d-men today as Ethan Bear is out due to taking a slash at end of Finnish game.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Gonna be rooting for Latvia, not because i don't like Canada, but you gotta love an huge underdog story.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Little concerned about refs reacting to crowd noise in this game, refs have to make sure they call the game not the atmosphere.

And that's what I didn't want to happen..........Latvia scores first.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Only in Finland it's possible to have so many empty seats in a game like this. And we're supposed to be hockey country. Good job with the ticket prices etc.

We should be banned from hosting this tournament.

But lets go Latvia!
Semis prices i can kinda still understand (not really), the half empty group stage games though? That's just incompetence, sell them at like 10-20e to get a full house.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I don’t see Latvia resisting Canadian pressure much longer, but what an underdog story it would be! Massively cheering for them - if Canada wins this tournament, nobody in Canada will get too excited. If Latvia wins, there is a national holiday and they will talk about it for another 40 years. Means so much to them, I’d love those excellent fans to get some joy!

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I don’t see Latvia resisting Canadian pressure much longer, but what an underdog story it would be! Massively cheering for them - if Canada wins this tournament, nobody in Canada will get too excited. If Latvia wins, there is a national holiday and they will talk about it for another 40 years. Means so much to them, I’d love those excellent fans to get some joy!
What Canadian pressure?

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Latvia has eight players from the Czech league on the ice today! Us Czech fans were complaining that there was no way we could get any result at this tournament with so many Czech league players on our team… but I guess it’s about the players, not the league 😀

Reactions: RobRayzor and ozo

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, not the result we were looking for after one, had some shots but nothing Silovs can't handle.

Will need to come out better in the and and getting the next goal looms pretty large because if Latvia gets it I smell an upset.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
What Canadian pressure?
A lot more of that than Latvian pressure, that’s for sure… plus they can turn it up another notch. That said, I really hope I am wrong as I would absolutely love Latvia to go to the final.

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
This period kinda felt like the first period of Finland-Canada. Only this time Canada is playing the role of Finland.

Latvia is playing inspired right now. They're playing with the freedom of not having anything to lose. Latvians in the crowd are also a helluva joy to listen to. I wish NHL crowds were like this.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
A lot more of that than Latvian pressure, that’s for sure… plus they can turn it up another notch. That said, I really hope I am wrong as I would absolutely love Latvia to go to the final.
Canada definitely had more zone time, not a lot happening with it yet though, they will need to work harder for better looks down there as Latvian defenders work each puck carrier to the max, that's their game.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
This period kinda felt like the first period of Finland-Canada. Only this time Canada is playing the role of Finland.

Latvia is playing inspired right now. They're playing with the freedom of not having anything to lose. Latvians in the crowd are also a helluva joy to listen to. I wish NHL crowds were like this.
Agree with all this. But I worry that the longer the Latvians are in the lead, the more likely they will suddenly feel they have a lot to lose, and then they might lose the energy and fearlessness, and mistakes start to creep in. Hope I am wrong, but the Latvia team has never been here, first ever semi… Hope the pressure of the occasion won’t break them.

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
Canada definitely had more zone time, not a lot happening with it yet though, they will need to work harder for better looks down there as Latvian defenders work each puck carrier to the max, that's their game.
I'm at work and we only get 2 tsn channels that aren't showing the game. I'm sporadically watching it on my phone

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad