GDT: Canada - Czechia; Pool B, May 23, 2023

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I will never love Sobotka as 1C... he doesn't have enough offence or defence to pull it off. Got the right starter. D pairs are lipstick on a pig. Forward groupings are interesting. Rewarding the Karlovy Vary crew with 2nd line. They have been a perfect bottom 6 line, agitate, take penalties and usually leave the ice with the draw in their opponents zone. It's great! What they don't do? Finish. So i don't see them on 2nd pair as very logical. Glad to see Zohorna moving up.

Pre tournament it was clear 'must avoid Finland' but now it looks different...

Winnter of this gets US/Sweden/Finland
Lose of this gets US/Sweden/Finlan

It really doesn't matter much unfortunately.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
two most interesting games of the group stage (USA-Sweden for top spot in one group, Canada-Czechia for 2nd place in the other group).. and of course they're on at the exact same time. Thanks IIHF

Reactions: jj cale

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Saving him for the quarter...

Pretty sure I read this morning that the coaches said they would be "changing the goalie" for today's game and that the same goalie would be starting the quarters.

(Yes I get it was a joke but still relevant information for peace of mind)

Reactions: Czechboy

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Levi should fly home and renounce his citizenship at this point

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Looks like a good stretching for Vejmelka before qf today lol ... so far it looks like Canada gonna have like 60shots :D

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Saving him for the quarter...

What are your thoughts on Sobotka as 1C?
Not a fan of Sobotka as 1C

Pretty sure I read this morning that the coaches said they would be "changing the goalie" for today's game and that the same goalie would be starting the quarters.

(Yes I get it was a joke but still relevant information for peace of mind)
Given past goalie decisions this was not a given, so it does give peace of mind…

Canadians looking a lot better than against Norway

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, lucky. Half-watching, half-working but thought we'd looked good so far. Worrying going on the kill now

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I will say... I love our bottom 6. Spacek as a 4c is pretty damn good (despite his struggles).

Our big thing is that we need a forward not named Kubalik or cervenka to get a point. We have a 3 person offence . Kempny, Kubalik and cervenka.... Goes very dry after that. Eg. Sobotka gets 20 a game and he has 2 points playing in between cervenka and Kubalik.

Guys I think are due for a goal . Kaut, zohorna, Sobotka, Spacek and chlapik but he's not playing.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
lol thats one another terrible performance ... once again we are absolutelly terrified to even try to play with canada

dont know when we just got this weird complex from them. No matter how strong we are and what team canada has, we are always look like three levels below them this last 6-7 years. No other big teams (not even Swiss) has such a huge problems with them

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hard to argue that Canada is not much better so far. They're killing us.
and they gonna destroy us once again. I really cant understand this, we can play with Sweden, Finland, USA no problems ... then canada comes and we look like Hungary or some other low tier team

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Hard to complain when we have come out with the sort of effort and play you were screaming at them to produce, that's what I want to see. But man what's it gonna take to buy a damn goal? We should have at least a couple by now.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Another Canuck PP... They feel due given their great start. Leaving this period tied would be cruel lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Nice passing play for the 1-0 PP goal.

Hard to complain when we have come out with the sort of effort and play you were screaming at them to produce, that's what I want to see. But man what's it gonna take to buy a damn goal? We should have at least a couple by now.

What's it going to take to get TWO damned goals!?!

(hint hint)

19-4 shots after 1.

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad