OT: Canada at the FIFA World Cup stage - support our team

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Not sure if we are OK to post about other sports here, but since it's team's Canada first world cup appearance since the 80's, just wanted to say...

Studio_Project (17).jpg

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Canada has had a lot of chances on Belgium already. I feel like I am watching DeBrincat. Let's get one! I think Canada's coach is great!

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Need to find a deserve o meter. We dominated that whole half, only to concede a few minutes before half.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Canada had many chances obviously the penalty miss will be a big topic. Canada had 14 shots on goal compared to Belgium's 4. Canada had many chances but could'nt finish Belgium had one and scored.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
C'mon and get a tie at the least. Going to be annoying trying to beat Croatia, Morocco should be a win.

Friggin Belgium has the luxury of having the one of the best mid fielders in KDB right now so they can afford to take time generating quality chances and not attack the net the way we have to

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
C'mon and get a tie at the least. Going to be annoying trying to beat Croatia, Morocco should be a win.

Friggin Belgium has the luxury of having the one of the best mid fielders in KDB right now so they can afford to take time generating quality chances and not attack the net the way we have to
Actually I watched Morocco (they tied Croatia) and they can defend like crazy.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Someone tell Buchanan he's supposed to play European football and not American. Manz is trying to toe punt the ball

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Canada reminds me of the Sens a lot scoring opportunities but no finish ;)

Does moral victory count in soccer?

Reactions: bert

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Canada reminds me of the Sens a lot scoring opportunities but no finish ;)

Does moral victory count in soccer?
Might as well. We've got a young team that should get experience in this world cup and be more competitive in the next one. But we have prime Davies right now, really hope we can take advantage of that and get out the group stage at the least

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
FT Belgium 1 Canada 0

I have been chatting with a number of people in England and they have been very surprised at how good they play, just lacking the finishing.

One comment

"Tbh, if Canada had a decent finisher they’d be well ahead in the game - very neat and tidy and definitely carrying a threat. I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by them."

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hardest working team. Dominated the deserve-o-meter. Gave up a goal minutes from half time. Piss poor set pieces. Scrambly in the defensive zone.

FIRE HERDMAN!

:sarcasm:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
After thinking about it, I think we were extra unlucky and blew a golden chance. KDB and Hazard weren't having their best games and those two can single-handedly turn the tide of a game.

Ah well. Croatia is an older and more experienced team as well, but their threats aren't nearly as dangerous as KDB, Hazard, heck even Lukaku. I hope we can out hustle a win against them. Morocco will be a pain to score against. Hakimi is a great defender and a defense led by him and Mazraoui won't be easy to score on. But they don't have the best offense so we should have the edge there.

Its kinda nice to watch sports with a bit of hype. Haven't had that since early October lol

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
They had a very good first half but all the missed chances to pin Belgium really hurt. I found them quite sloppy in the 2nd half outside of a couple interesting chances. They seemed deflated.

I guess the Sens have me in no mood for “moral victories” right now.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Eustaquio grows his hair out, maybe he could have a good set piece for once

Dudes' definitely handsome tho

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Heartbreaking loss, Canada had everything but the finish. With the other game in the group being a goalless draw, Canada still controls its destiny.

This is Canada in the grandest stage of all sports and they are making us proud, often dominating the #2 ranked team in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad