Can you name worst turnover ratio forwards???

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Probably should do an actual ratio instead of a difference.

Player A: 200 giveaways and 150 takeaways = -50 under your ratings
Player B: 80 giveaways and 40 takeaways = -40 under your ratings

But realistically Player A creates more good than bad compared to Player B
Good point.

Johnny Gaudreau is the "worst". He has 112 giveaways vs. 53 takeaways. Of course "worst" is a misnomer. As others have pointed out these are mostly high skilled forwards who attack. Few of the guys on this list wouldn't find a welcome spot on most teams.

Aug 3, 2010
As a Flames fan, I'm not surprised it's Gaaudreau. He's guilty of trying to do too much (even though he has the ability to do so) when his linemates aren't clicking. Partner that with his smaller stature, he can be easier for opponents to hone in on and overwhelm with physicality. That being said, he outperforms his mistakes by a large margin as well.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's always going to be danglers whom have a decent defence with them.
Without looking at your list - off the top of my head.

Ederle should be #1 (or at least he probably has been #1 multiple times in his career)
Taylor Hall will be top 10
Pastrnak will be up there. (Marchand gives it away as much but steals it more often)
Gaudreau and a couple of his teammates.
P. Kane should be on the list because when you're carrying the team things will happen.
Eichel probably for the same reason as Kane.
Thinking maybe Seguin.
Possibly Ehlers.
Maybe not MacKinnon but possibly Rantanen?
And everyone's favourite - McDavid - but same reason as Pat Kane.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Barzal from NYI?

I'm still saying Thornton from SJ, but could be Labanc.

For Dallas, it's got to be Benn or Seguin. Saying Seguin.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's always going to be danglers whom have a decent defence with them.
Without looking at your list - off the top of my head.

Ederle should be #1 (or at least he probably has been #1 multiple times in his career)
Taylor Hall will be top 10
Pastrnak will be up there. (Marchand gives it away as much but steals it more often)
Gaudreau and a couple of his teammates.
P. Kane should be on the list because when you're carrying the team things will happen.
Eichel probably for the same reason as Kane.
Thinking maybe Seguin.
Possibly Ehlers.
Maybe not MacKinnon but possibly Rantanen?
And everyone's favourite - McDavid - but same reason as Pat Kane.

Two winners....

the teams involved: Calgary, Boston, Florida (x2), Edmonton, Islanders, Pittsburgh, Dallas (x2), San Jose.

One of FLA and SJ were recent adds at TDL.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
edit:
Just looked and got 2 of the 5 you've mentioned.
Radulov makes more sense than Seguin I guess.
Draisatl as compared to McDavid makes sense also.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see Hoffman right up there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Barzal from NYI?

I'm still saying Thornton from SJ, but could be Labanc.

For Dallas, it's got to be Benn or Seguin. Saying Seguin.

Another winner. Got to be honest, I don't watch a lot of Stars but this one suprised me.

SJ entry was TDL add.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Giveaway/takeaways are a useless stat because they are not tracked consistently in every building. A few years ago Ovi and a bunch of teammates were always at or near the top of both charts- giveaways and takeaways. I think the washington stats guy gave a giveaway and takeaway on every change of posession. Dump puck in for a change- giveaway. you usually see multiple guys on same team on top/bottom of these rankings. it is the effect of the home stats guy that you get for 41 games.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Two winners....

the teams involved: Calgary, Boston, Florida (x2), Edmonton, Islanders, Pittsburgh, Dallas (x2), San Jose.

One of FLA and SJ were recent adds at TDL.

only two. Drat. Eberle and Hall are turnover machines.

I'll just keep guessing.
I forgot about Barzal.and Duchene. Probably not on there but two guys I definitely would've guessed.
2 of the other usual suspects from the Lone Star state as the other has to be Benn - but surprised Seguin isn't one of them but that must be more centre to winger.
Pittsburgh and it's not Kessel? Guetznal maybe.
Florida could probably fill the top 10 on their own so I'll just say - that guy.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Giveaway/takeaways are a useless stat because they are not tracked consistently in every building. A few years ago Ovi and a bunch of teammates were always at or near the top of both charts- giveaways and takeaways. I think the washington stats guy gave a giveaway and takeaway on every change of posession. Dump puck in for a change- giveaway. you usually see multiple guys on same team on top/bottom of these rankings. it is the effect of the home stats guy that you get for 41 games.
Actually Ovechkin is up there on the list. Something like 15th with -26.

I agree though, probably a bit of a loose stat. That said, as many have pointed out, it's pretty much the players/style of players you'd expect so there's a least some sanity to the numbers.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

Look at Barzel 80 giveaways at home vs 41 takeaways. road 28 giveaways and 24 takeaways -39 at home -4 on road
Gaudreau home 88 giveaways and 31 takeaways road 24 giveaways and 22 takeaways -57 home and -2 road

When/if I use this stat I look at road numbers only as they are the only ones comparable

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Actually Ovechkin is up there on the list. Something like 15th with -26.

I agree though, probably a bit of a loose stat. That said, as many have pointed out, it's pretty much the players/style of players you'd expect so there's a least some sanity to the numbers.

just replied to myself with this oops

Look at Barzel 80 giveaways at home vs 41 takeaways. road 28 giveaways and 24 takeaways -39 at home -4 on road
Gaudreau home 88 giveaways and 31 takeaways road 24 giveaways and 22 takeaways -57 home and -2 road

When/if I use this stat I look at road numbers only as they are the only ones comparable

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
All the people saying McDavid really shows me how little people watch him (he has a positive ratio).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad