OT: Can you imagine?

Sylhfer

#34 ԅ(‹o›Д‹o›ԅ)
Nov 25, 2013
Lurking...
First of all, I want to congratulate the Women's National team for winning Olympic Gold for the country yet again. But after celebrating myself I automatically thought of how bat-***** crazy it would get if the Leafs did the same. (No, this is not a jinx thread.)

I also realize the entire country was cheering for Team Canada, and no single club would garner much attention. That being said, can you imagine how happy the city, province and Leafs fans far-and-wide would feel? The electricity and buzz in the air would last weeks.

So Go Leafs Go! And of-course Go Team Canada.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup would cause chaos all across Canada, more so then any other Canadian team.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
As a leaf fan I fear for all my friends because I would never let up pointing out that we indeed did win the cup. Seriously our fanbase would most likely become unbearable and I would love every moment of it. :laugh:

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
I can't imagine how it's going to be like when we win the cup.

I have an idea of how i'll react but i'm sure it'll be the most happiest moment in my life and my 20 years as a fan.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
When that day comes, I will probably die of a heart attack. Because I will be an old man. Because it will probably not happen for a very long time.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I know how I reacted when The Canadian Women won it OT today. If the Leafs ever win a Cup in my lifetime... that times 100!

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
When Poulin scored I said "ya" and fist pumped a bit. If the Leafs won the cup I'd probably run naked through the streets in tears

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
It's hard to imagine. Though it will have made all those years of watching crummy Leafs teams will worth it. I long for the day.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
tears are essential in any celebration of a Leafs cup win for me as well, yes

I honestly think I'd pass out if they won... like I wouldn't know what do to with myself any longer in this world

*cue .gifs that I can't be bothered to retrieve

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
I just wana see Kessel,JVR,Phaneuf,lupul,Kadri etc lifting the cup and giving it a kiss

Agreed. I want Phaneuf to lift the cup as captain especially cause the hate this guy gets is unbelievable. this will shut every naysayers mouth. maybe then he can get some respect. plus if he wins the cup for us, he'd go down as one of the best captain of the leafs. even better than sundin ;)

also i'd probably scream for joy if the leafs win the cup. probably run up and down the street and celebrate. and hug as many leafs fans as possible as well. probably party hard for a good month :laugh:

oh and brag so hard. no more 1967 jokes, or leafs winning a cup with a black and white tv, etc...

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
My celebration would put Joe Thornton to shame!!!
Then Id come on here and troll certain 'Leaf' fans until my account was permabanned

Randy Carlyle

Feb 6, 2014
I'd probably do an Irish Jig dance with my brother like we've done for every big Leaf goal/win the past 18 years. Followed by running down the street naked in tears and going to downtown honking my horn if I'm not there already. I wouldn't know what to do with myself :laugh:

I had this substitute teacher a few years ago in highschool, Mr. Law who said he was 6-7 when the Leafs last won a cup, said he was at the game followed by a "It was a good time... ever since that day I've been waiting... waiting ... hopefully they win before I die :)" So I'd feel happy for guys like him :handclap:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
As a leaf fan I fear for all my friends because I would never let up pointing out that we indeed did win the cup. Seriously our fanbase would most likely become unbearable and I would love every moment of it. :laugh:

You know what...**** them! For as much crap as we get from this board and non-Leafs fans from all over, I would stuff back in their face with pleasure. If we won the cup I hope they don't hear the end of it.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
tears are essential in any celebration of a Leafs cup win for me as well, yes

I honestly think I'd pass out if they won... like I wouldn't know what do to with myself any longer in this world

*cue .gifs that I can't be bothered to retrieve

I would definitely cry, it would be the biggest sports event/experience in mine and pretty much this city and this country's life. First cup win since 1967 this would live on for years and years! Ohh man just imagining the team jumping in a big pile throwing their gloves and helmets off and celebrating is giving me tingles. Watching Dion lift the cup up would shut up a lot of haters too.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
If we won the cup. Every Non-Leaf Fan would consider it a fluke and would give conspiracy thoughts that the NHL rigged it and would want our cup victory under investigation, at least from those people that seem to hate the Leafs more than liking their own team. This would happen in 2017 tbh ;) 100 Anniversity of the Team and 50th Anniversity of 1967. Would be a perfect time to win.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If we won the cup. Every Non-Leaf Fan would consider it a fluke and would give conspiracy thoughts that the NHL rigged it and would want our cup victory under investigation, at least from those people that seem to hate the Leafs more than liking their own team. This would happen in 2017 tbh ;) 100 Anniversity of the Team and 50th Anniversity of 1967. Would be a perfect time to win.

2017, 100th anniversary, Winter Classic at BMO Field, we get the draft, the All-Star Game, and most importantly the cup!!! Bring it!!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Been there ...

I'd cry tears of joy and sorrow knowing ~50 years had passed since the last one.

Most of you guys are lucky you didn't live through the 70's Canadiens' dynasty. Imagine that with today's media!

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Been there ...

I'd cry tears of joy and sorrow knowing ~50 years had passed since the last one.

Most of you guys are lucky you didn't live through the 70's Canadiens' dynasty. Imagine that with today's media!

Would have been brutal! As it was I had to convince certain family members (who were Habs fans) (after all we lived in Ontario) that they were rooting for the wrong team. But over the decades my unwavering support for the Leafs finally brought a few to their senses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad