Can we talk about Crosby for a minute?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Like a guy who's been shaving his head for 3 years, stops, and realizes he's legitimately gone bald.

I agree.

Even when he starts pumping his legs, he seems to move at the same speed as when he's gliding. Acceleration looks gone, energy level looks low.

Yep. I disagree though that he won't be a problem this season. He'd still be flanking Sid if he wasn't problematic right now. At best, he should be a third wheel on the 2nd line. And if he can't do that, I'm not sure of what use he is, b/c he's not going to perform very well in a bottom six role.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If Sid's old, does that make Jagr an immortal? :laugh:

nameless_one_close.jpg

I feel like using a "litany of curses" every time I see Kunitz dogging it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yep. I disagree though that he won't be a problem this season. He'd still be flanking Sid if he wasn't problematic right now. At best, he should be a third wheel on the 2nd line. And if he can't do that, I'm not sure of what use he is, b/c he's not going to perform very well in a bottom six role.

That's just what he's going to have to be. 3 new top sixers just isn't feasible in one season. 2 will be tough enough. He'll have to just look for soft spots while two guys do everything else. Still smart. Still can finish better than a lot of people

It's not ideal, but it's the only thing we can use him for unless he gets some monumental second wind. Playing like this, he's not going to help a bottom six in any capacity. As an afterthought in the top six, he still might score some goals.

If Dupuis wasn't down and Bennett was reliable, maybe you could just sell Kunitz off for whatever, trade a D and end up with a credible top 6 without him, but neither is the case.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Kunitz isnt half as bad as people make him out to be. The reason his play has taken a little bit of a hit is because he isnt allowed to bang on the end boards anymore. That was a huge part of his game that was taken away.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Kunitz isnt half as bad as people make him out to be. The reason his play has taken a little bit of a hit is because he isnt allowed to bang on the end boards anymore. That was a huge part of his game that was taken away.

I couldn't disagree more. Kunitz has been a train wreck this year. He's played with absolutely zero intensity. It doesn't help that he can't make a pass, handle one, find open ice, hit, or take a hit to make a play.

I usually don't subscribe to the popular opinion of the day/week/year here on HF, but I think Kunitz has unarguably been a major letdown this season, particularly in the last dozen or so games. It's obviously a small sample size, but I can't recall seeing a guy's play tail off in so many facets of the game. There's nothing positive I can ID in Kunitz's game right now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Taken away? By whom? Himself? He stopped playing with any sort of physicality years ago.

He's pure garbage this year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Taken a "little bit of a hit"? He's been garbage for much of the season.

And it's his own doing. He's simply not putting effort in. I don't understand how you can watch him glide and loaf around the ice as if he's at a father-son skate with the fans and think he's hasn't been that bad.

The only thing making his stat line look relatively decent is the production on the PP that was running at over 40% at one point.

RehnX

Jun 28, 2011
Indiana
I really don't care how good someone ays in November, Sutter was bad last year too. Then he picked it up when it mattered.

Do I like watching him glide? No, but its still November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad