Pre-Game Talk: Can we play a hockey game yet? Edm v Car finally tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Goalies that were considered bad last year like Talbot and Ingram are now elite.

Ingram was always probably a decent buy low candidate. He had a solid .907 last year on a bad Coyotes team.

Talbot has been good before, think he was just hurt last year. This guy has been underrated, the Oilers should've grabbed him on the cheap after he left Calgary when it was clear he was over his one year slump here.

Reactions: ujju2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly the break hasn't been bad. This time of year Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are the slow nights for sports for me. But even Friday's I'm okay with as I do other stuff.

I am however not looking forward to our break in January/February when Football is no longer on during the week

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I kind of appreciate it TBH.

We're always better post-December than pre - December. I kind of wish they could fudge it a bit harder. Lol.
I don't because the team has way more games to play in backhalf of season then tired or injured again for playoffs. Any team should want their games to be frontloaded. The NHL favoring some clubs as per usual.

The Oilers were on their only hot streak of the season and of course we get 6 days break right when that happens. From a fan POV I feel I've been jonesing for Hockey all along. Only 22 games so far in something like 60days. Or about 2.5 games/week.

Reactions: iCanada

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
giphy.gif

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Like Eakins he loved the sound of his own voice.
I always get that image in my head of Perron looking around looking like he is thinking "what the f***" during a practice with Eakins scribbling all open his tiny clipboard.
With some of the clips from Oil Drop or the Drop you could see Woodcroft talked too much bullshit and not enough hockey. "We need that" "we need passion" etc. Maybe they don't show his tactical speeches due to spies.. But I would be rolling my eyes often if those clips are showing Woody's usual coaching style.

These guys to me are missiles. Coaches are there to guide them. Can't expect some dumb jock to have Gretzky level awareness of the ice, keep their job simple and they will do it well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ridiculous that its well into December, A full 2mths into what usual season is, and the Oilers have only played a sparse 22 games. Nor does tthe schedule get any compression in December. Only 9 games till Xmas. That will only bring us to 31 game mark with 51 games still left. In contrast Vegas have already played 26 games. Strange scheduling. Vegas will have played 35 games by Xmas.

Could be worse. Ottawa have only played 19 games while several other clubs have already played 26. How, in a pro league can there be a 7GP disparity at any point in schedule? So bush league NHL.
Let’s see the positive. These guys sewered their start of the season quickly, so the more games that are left for them to gain points, it is the best thing that the schedule could give them at this point. It may wear them down worse than other clubs towards season’s end but they have to climb some mountains to reach the topnthe way they’ve set the year up.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Oh no, however are we going to find a replacement for a 1 assist in 16 games -5 player.....oh no!

He should have been dumped before game 9.
Wahlstrom for Broberg. Cheaper RW and more productive. Just need to figure out what to do with Kenny’s 4 million dollar man.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Oh no, however are we going to find a replacement for a 1 assist in 16 games -5 player.....oh no!

He should have been dumped before game 9.

But he wasn’t, has been playing better lately and has game to build back up to.

So probably not worth moaning about him being on the team every single day a lineup is posted because that isn’t going to change for the balance of the season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
But he wasn’t, has been playing better lately and has game to build back up to.

So probably not worth moaning about him being on the team every single day a lineup is posted because that isn’t going to change for the balance of the season.
maybe don't police everyone else's posts so much? That ain't your job. He can bitch about Brown if he wants. Signing sure doesn't look too bright right now.

Reactions: TKB21

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
maybe don't police everyone else's posts so much? That ain't your job. He can bitch about Brown if he wants. Signing sure doesn't look too bright right now.

Agreed.

Won’t change the fact he’ll be in the lineup for the remainder of the season though. Like whining that the sky is blue.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The last Carolina game gave us that great heritage moment of McD near tears on the bench. Some of it can be blamed on the Oilers horrific start to the season, most of it can be blamed on the horrific and down right corrupt officiating in that game.

I rewatched that game. Rewatch it and you’ll see one of the most blantant displays of incompetence/corruption in this League. It was so off the charts bad and biased for Carolina’s Favor the linesmen were even letting them get away with OBVIOUS offsides to enter our zone, with a goal even being called back for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad