Can we make it work with Lindy Ruff? He really deserves a Cup before he retires!

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I know things havent been going well this year but.. I really want him to win a Cup with us before he retires!!

Im nervous he may be let go though because he looked so sad in the post-game press conference :(

Theres gotta be a way we can make this work with Lindy, right?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'm going to say there's a zero percent chance of him winning one. Even prior to this season I would've said that too.
Thats sad though :( He should have had one against Dallas and was robbed!

I hope the team can rally behind him and get us going here soon

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m more nervous about Travis Green taking over than anything.

Guy is not a good head coach at this level. If he deserves another chance it needs to be somewhere else.

And I’m also afraid he may be to blame for the lack of a rush game compared to last year. Brunette seemed to be the common denominator. Pre and post Brunette it’s been an average at best rush game.

I can’t prove that he is to blame for that. I could very well be wrong on that, because I don’t know how much pull he has or how much Brunette had. Maybe it’s just a coincidence.

But I do know he’s no-count as a head coach. The Canucks were an absolute punching bag that year before they canned him and hired Boudreau and actually played a lot better than they had in years. I’m pretty sure they played better after that than they are right now. That’s for sure. But of course they reverted back to that next year under Boudreau.

But they were an absolute punching bag in Vancouver and I remember they ranked near the bottom of the league in odd man rushes.

Don’t even think about letting him get any closer than he is right now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only if we break out the Fire Lindy chants...

It worked last year lol
I said we’d hear some Saturday night if we lost this game today, but that they wouldn’t be as audible as the home opener last year.

I also thought if things got too bad this game that they may even start up before this one ended, but we were in this game the entire time, despite not deserving to be with the first 35 minutes of the game being the same shit we saw in Detroit.

Maybe the “Respectable”’ finish to tonight’s after the horrid start will keep the crowd from being too tough tomorrow night.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Obviously we need to do whats best for the team, but.. I do really like Lindy and want to send him off into the sunset with a ring

Cheers to a big turnaround like last season!! :stanley:

Reactions: Bleedred

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I just realized Lindy passed the .500 mark for his tenure here in NJ after we beat the Islanders!

Hopefully we can keep winning and get him above .500 including OT.. and maybe on the way to a 'chip this year?!

:dm: :stanley: :dm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad