Can we keep Murray Please???

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know if he'll be cheap but a yes for me.

You should have posted a poll. ;)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
If Tinordi isn't ready, we need an upgrade. The bottom half of our defense is still one of this team's biggest weaknesses, being more useful than Bouillon isn't good enough.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Still better than Bouillon and Drewiske .. Good #6/#7 defenseman monster on the PK and can drop the gloves, why not ?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
With all the defensemen in Hamilton waiting in line, there won't be much room for him. I voted no but wouldn't be against keeping him either if we get rid of Bouillon and we have no other option, but I'd prefer Tinordi if he's ready.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some dominos may yet fall. While Markov is likely a shoo-in for a renewal deal, not sure if Diaz is part of the plan. With Tinordi likely up next year, there may yet be a spot in that 6-7th role. Don't see how Drewiske may enter the equation at this point. Bouillon's gotta be out ... right? (Michel, time to move on).

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He sure as hell shoudn't be sitting out for Bouillon, that's for sure. But if they won't give him a full-time spot I doubt they re-sign him with Tinordi and Beaulieu knocking at the door.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Resign if it's a cheap deal. Even if Tinordi is ready I wouldn't mind bringing him back. He would be a nice 6-7 guy

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Why the **** did Therrien think it would be a good idea to not play him tonight? This is exactly the type of team you want Murray in for..

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
seriously? no thx
i commend him for his efforts and what he brings this season but the habs don't need him next yr. guy will be 34 and he is not getting any faster.

Habs have Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu who should all get a chance to stick with the team. Pateryn especially will be 24 next yr, he has size and plays hard. looking good in Hamilton this season.

I like how people can judge Drewiski while he has only played 9 games for the habs and no one has seen him play this season.

I would prefer to trade bourque to get Nikitin out of CLB and let Diaz go.
Nikitin brings good size and a balance of skills

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Emelin
Nikitin-Pateryn
Drewiski

Tinordi-Beaulieu

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Some dominos may yet fall. While Markov is likely a shoo-in for a renewal deal, not sure if Diaz is part of the plan. With Tinordi likely up next year, there may yet be a spot in that 6-7th role. Don't see how Drewiske may enter the equation at this point. Bouillon's gotta be out ... right? (Michel, time to move on).

Up until tonight I would af agreed with you but after seeing us perform against LA and not to long ago St. Louis and San Jose we need a major upgrade up front and I think Markov might be able to fetch us something really useful. We have lots of you guys coming up on D but I don't think signing a 35 1/2 year old to a new term would make sense. You have to give something of value to receive something of value and if we could get an important piece for Markv, and replace Gionta with another big forward who can skate and hit this will help us down the road .

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Voted no. But if it's between Murray and Frankie, I'll go with Murray, as long as he's cheap.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If it's between Bouillon and you I choose you. I don't even know if you can skate.

Oh I can skate alright... I just can't stop. :yo: I'll just be a hitting machine. Plus I'm 6'0, so I won't be undersized... except my weight... :laugh:

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Can't believe this is in yes territory.

Murray is a terrible terrible defenseman.

He can throw the odd nice check and is decent on the PK.

Other than that he is just abysmal.

Bottom line is Murray AND Boullion can GTFO and make room for one (or both) of Beaulieu and Tinordi.

They are not helping us in the present or future IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oh I can skate alright... I just can't stop. :yo: I'll just be a hitting machine. Plus I'm 6'0, so I won't be undersized... except my weight... :laugh:

Can't stop? No problem. Work out with The Rock and the Habs could use you.

Actually, how much would it cost to get The Rock on skates and in our uniform? 6'3" 265 lbs :naughty::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad