Can we have 2 Sens logo Smilies like the ducks do???

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
We should have retro smilies

:retroducks:
120px-Mighty_Ducks_of_Anaheim_Logo.svg.png

:retrosens:
120px-Ottawa_sens_logo_old.svg.png

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love the revisionist history on the Ducks logo... For years, it was considered the worst logo in pro sports... It was unnecessarily cartoony (due to the Disney ownership group), and the jersey itself was gimmicky as hell... Not to mention some of the worst 3rd jerseys in the history of the league...

IMO, the only reason the old logo is looked back on with fondness is a combination of "retro" nostalgia, and the fact that they dropped the ball so badly with the new logo.

The old Ducks logo is AWFUL... Literally cringeworthy. The only nice thing you can say about it is that "it's NOT the new logo."

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I love the revisionist history on the Ducks logo... For years, it was considered the worst logo in pro sports... It was unnecessarily cartoony (due to the Disney ownership group), and the jersey itself was gimmicky as hell... Not to mention some of the worst 3rd jerseys in the history of the league...

IMO, the only reason the old logo is looked back on with fondness is a combination of "retro" nostalgia, and the fact that they dropped the ball so badly with the new logo.

The old Ducks logo is AWFUL... Literally cringeworthy. The only nice thing you can say about it is that "it's NOT the new logo."

That's reason enough for me.

And for the record, when I was a kid I rocked a Mighty Ducks mini stick on the playground.

So there.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
When the Mighty Ducks were still around, the kids who liked the logo and jerseys were too young for anyone to care about their opinions. Now that those kids are the main population of the internet, the Mighty Ducks get a lot more love.

Times have changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad