Can we admit the Devils are good yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
The Devils are not good. They have never been good. Even when they were winning cups they were doing it by cheating.

S A W F T*

No. They have a ton of young talent that are currently playing well.

You can't really make a broad statement like that under 20 games in.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Honestly, the Devils werent even that good

Pitt just didnt show up

Story of the season. I'd suggess MJ is a double agent sent from the Flyers, but I'd imagine Philly would have found someone better than Hakstol if they came up with a master plan like this.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
this is not going to go well. its just not

the Devils are playing better than the sum of their parts for now.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
The devils have some good young talent. The pens can not score at all this year. They cant beat any team in the metro. They just played last night and showed no hustle, work ethic, or want to win. Although he played well it was there back up goalie.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
It's not really a broad statement. They have beaten the Rangers, Penguins, Blackhawks twice and the Islanders. They only have one loss to a bad team. Their defense has been as advertised and Cory is Cory. The offense is clicking and if you watch the games, these aren't lucky wins.

Jun 16, 2015
4-0 blanking in dominating fashion over Pittsburgh tonight. 10-3 in their last 13

oh-god-no-o.gif

ok ok not bad.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
4-0 blanking in dominating fashion over Pittsburgh tonight. 10-3 in their last 13

The Pens have a ton of offensive firepower, but overall are an average team with half of their defense belonging in the AHL. I'm exaggerating, but probably not by much.

They are also only .500 against the West which is a telling sign.

They are playing above expectations though. That is true.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
It's not really a broad statement. They have beaten the Rangers, Penguins, Blackhawks twice and the Islanders. They only have one loss to a bad team. There defense has been as advertised and Cory is Cory. The offense is clicking and if you watch the games, these aren't lucky wins.

Our schedule has been pretty tough too. It lightens up a little now, but the first 17 games have been tough.

Winnipeg
Washington
Nashville
San Jose
NY Rangers
Arizona
Ottawa
Buffalo
Columbus
Philadelphia
NY Islanders
NY Islanders
Chicago
Vancouver
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Too early to call them a good team compared to the rest of the league, but they are making a lot of experts look bad.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Honestly, the Devils werent even that good

Pitt just didnt show up

I think you're being overly modest. The Pens played like garbage and no one showed up aside from Dumoulin and Zatkoff, but the Devils played pretty close to a perfect game.

Hynes is doing a fantastic job there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
They're certainly not a bottom-5 team.

Cup Contenders? No.
Playoffs? Maybe.

This year we've got a 50/50 chance to make it in a weak conference. Give us 2 years and we'll be making serious noise though.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, please close. Awaiting the first comments on how were just playing ourselves out of a lottery pick. Likely true, but I'd like the thrill of chasing a playoff spot throughout the season.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Yea still too early to deem them anything like this.

BUT, this does once against demonstrate how perpetually underrated some of their guys are. Part of the reason that they were picked to be in the bottom of the league, was because of how underrated and how overlooked some of their guys are.

Greene/Larsson is an EXCELLENT top defensive pair. Not the best in the league or anything like that, but it's up there. Severson continues to play pretty well and Moore has been a pleasant surprise for them.

Looks like Henrique is playing as well as he has throughout his career. Palmieri looks fantastic for them as well. Both look like top 6 guys.

And then you got Schneider who I definitely think is a top 5 goalie.

We will see if they continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad