GDT: CAN vs. AUT May 14, 2024

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Average at best? .926 playoff run to a Stanley cup. This year he was a top 5 goalie in the league. Leafs.... HAHA I am a sens fan. My goodness this is a doozy of a post. Hard to miss this badly in two sentences. But hey there goes your cred.
A Sens fan? So my point about average goaltending and never doing anything when it counts still stands?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I was following the game's result until 6-1 and since it looked so boring, I stopped watching. Unbeleviable result considering Canada's roster.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A lot of North Americans also go there just to get drunk let's be real.
In Prague thats a hell of a trip and location, I am jealous I wish I was there. No surprise why the quality of roster and attendance of good players across the board. Obviously best on best next couple years helps but this might be the best location for the tournament from a 'fun' perspective.

trust no one

Apr 21, 2024
Canada channeling their inner Maple Leafs collapses.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't even medal.
Don't ever rule Canada out, no matter which roster they are using. They have that winning mentality to win when it matter the most. Just look at their 2021 run. Started with 0-3 in the group, were on brink of missing quarters and still won Gold.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah he is playing Austria on his Euro vacation in a meaningless game they are up 6-1. Probably out boozing in Prague until 4 am.
You are dilusional if you don't think he cares more than that. He went there to cement a chance to play in the Olympics because that's why every high profile NHL player is there and so far he has done the opposite.

I think if he wanted to vacation he can afford it and doesn't need Hockey Canada to take him places.

Reactions: shakes the clown

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You are dilusional if you don't think he cares more than that. He went there to cement a chance to play in the Olympics because that's why every high profile NHL player is there and so far he has done the opposite.

I think if he wanted to vacation he can afford it and doesn't need Hockey Canada to take him places.

This is nothing new here.

Canada is notoriously a slow starter at the WCs and that's partly because they let the guys cut loose a bit before the games get more serious.

It was a terrible 3rd period, and a poor performance by him, but I really don't think they'll be looking at the tape of this game when they are deciding on the best-on-best roster.

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale and le_sean

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I sad reality alot of hf posters struggle to come to grips with is these are people not hockey robots. The round robin is vacation mode, they get serious come the medal round. The players, coachs, trainers etc all enjoy themselves. Obviously they dont want to see that but they were up 6-1 for a reason. They got complacent and took their foot off the gas. Anyone freaking out over it needs to relax. The appeal of going over is not just the hockey but its to experience the culture and everything a stunning city like Prague has to offer. Make no mistake these guys are enjoying themselves at the moment.

This is nothing new here.

Canada is notoriously a slow starter at the WCs and that's partly because they let the guys cut loose a bit before the games get more serious.

It was a terrible 3rd period, and a poor performance by him, but I really don't think they'll be looking at the tape of this game when they are deciding on the best-on-best roster.
They will be looking at his play in elimination games in the playoffs and this tournament. This would be like looking at an exhibition game in September its not happening and they really wont take it into consideration.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Now that's what I like to hear..................it's comforting.

1715721340825.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
was a terrible 3rd period, and a poor performance by him, but I really don't think they'll be looking at the tape of this game when they are deciding on the best-on-best roster.
That's exactly what they did with Ben Bishop back in the day.
I sad reality alot of hf posters struggle to come to grips with is these are people not hockey robots. The round robin is vacation mode, they get serious come the medal round. The players, coachs, trainers etc all enjoy themselves.
I don't doubt that's true but like I said already, there is no way they do it every day 2 weeks in a row, especially when we are talking about the goalie (who get plenty of days off) who knows he's starting tomorrow.

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
Honestly Canada got the win and thats all that matters. They crapped to bed in the third period but that is a teaching point for sure. Go Canada go.

Reactions: jj cale

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Like, WTF happened there? "It is never over until it is over" strikes again. Once you allow your legs to go off during a hockey game, it may turn really bad for you. A weird period but exactly these moments make hockey a fun game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad