Can viewers turn off player tracking tv?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
NBC experimenting (I hope) with player tracking in Rangers Flyers blowout tonight. Will they give fans option of turning this off?

Several times the name tags cover the play. Particularly in crease area. Like suddenly having an obstructed view pole from old Boston Garden put in front of your seat.

Reactions: Calad

Steve776

Feb 8, 2021
I hate that shit. If you know who the players are then you probably know their numbers. If you don't know who the players are then you probably don't care if they're pointed out or not.
It's the blue steak puck tracking all over again. Damn yankees.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
FBCAE144-6AC2-4C16-9F2C-6819769093AA.jpeg

Brutal. There’s a Flyer there somewhere under the Lemieux tag.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
On their cable national tv broadcast tonight.
Ahh, I missed it.

But I’m assuming there won’t be an option to turn it off on cable, unless there’s a chanel with the player tracking graphics and one without. I don’t think it’s something you can turn off and on like closed captions.

Streaming on their app, maybe.

Reactions: Number8

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I was just wondering the other day if I could control the graphics I don’t like during a live TV broadcast. It’s weird no one has looked into this yet.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
it was absolutely awful. nbc needs to be made aware how awful their coverage was in the 3rd period. the camera was a mile from the ice and half the play was covered with shitty graphics.
They probably don't care. They just the big contract, so are testing somthing they might use on soccer or NFL in the NHL

Reactions: Another AZ

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
A compromise would be to only flash the name of the player in possession on the score box right next the time remaining in the period.(when its live) I think most would find that both useful and unintrosive. And then use the fUll graphics on replays

Alternatively, flash the name and a headshot picture of the player in possession on the top right part of the screen where the arena seats are usually seen.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Who the f*** is this for? No chance it entices casual fans, and no hardcore fan has ever made this complaint before.

Seriously pisses me off when there’s a million things they could do to help the game, but nah, let’s screw around with technology no one asked for. No one needs to know where freaking Lemieux is on the ice, no one has that concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They did that during live play? Thats dumb... SN does it occassionally when discussing a replay, it's handy when you want to go over how a play develops but aside from maybe having it up just prior to the faveoff there is no reason to have this up durring live action imo...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They did that during live play? Thats dumb... SN does it occassionally when discussing a replay, it's handy when you want to go over how a play develops but aside from maybe having it up just prior to the faveoff there is no reason to have this up durring live action imo...

It was unbearable. At one point they reminded us Hart was the goalie...

Reactions: ecemleafs

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The fact that we don't have hockey in 3D where I can switch views from multiple camera angles at will, to include helmet cams in every player annoys me, quite frankly. It is the "current year", after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00