Pre-Game Talk: Can the Oilers continue to roll?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Time to make these so called nemesis' our beaotches, beginning last night and continuing through the home stand.

As for a Dracula/Nosferatu lookalikes, I hereby nominate Derek Lalonde, coach of the Wings. This guy just looks like someone who can't wait to take a chunk out of your neck.
View attachment 779337

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The devils will eat Pickard alive. Skinner just had a week off he should be good to go. Give pickard the start against Chicago.

Yeah, the Devils have one of the best goals per game in the league. Throwing in a goalie who hasn't hit a save percentage of .900 in the NHL since 16-17 is an unnecessary risk. Chicago is a safer choice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Would have been nice for him to bury one last night. He had multiple chances. It will come. I thought he played pretty decent.
This has been stated for the last 18 of his games here.

Plus how wouldn't a player be getting chances playing with Drai?

How is it even possible Brown hasn't scored a single goal here playing all his minutes with either mcD or Drai and sometimes both?

i thought he was awful. Botched 5 setups and contributed nothing else. What are people actually seeing in this guy?

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Please for the love of God, take Brown off the second line.

I feel Brown is on that line to be the defensive conscience for Drai/Kane. Janmark would look good there too, but hard to breakup Foegele - McLeod - Janmark line if they keep playing like they did last night.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I hate this team, please punch them in the mouth. I'm so tired of the Wild. At least we're not in their division anymore.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I feel Brown is on that line to be the defensive conscience for Drai/Kane. Janmark would look good there too, but hard to breakup Foegele - McLeod - Janmark line if they keep playing like they did last night.
I just don't see the point in changing lines to get better production out of one line. The bottom 6 is starting to find some chemistry so just stick with it until it doesn't work.

It's not like we have a center being dragged down by two guys. Leon still has Kane and vice versa, so at some point something should click for them.

Maybe once Holloway is back you just outright sit Brown and play Holloway with Kane and Leon, but for now I'm keeping things the same.

The overall makeup of the club isn't broke right now, so don't try overthink things and ruin it.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
I thought Brown has been fine. Typically first on the puck on that line. Causes enough turnovers and makes ok small passes to Kane and Leo. They havent clicked but Im not gonna blame that all on Brown. Hes working hard. I think his game is on the rise.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I cannot stand Minnesota. It feels like no matter who they have on their roster, they look like the same boring AF team from the 2000's. I'll take a boring game if we win.

Reactions: TB12

Thomas Tatar

I like the mojo the team is playing with, it’s a more relaxed confidence and I really like when Knob starts guys he thinks deserve it. Like starting the McLeod line last game? Amazing, and they rewarded him for that.

You keep hearing players and media say he gives players a role. They are clearly responding and doing what is asked of them. Not to mention Knob hasn’t been blending the lines a bunch and has found an amazing line with McD, Hyman, and Nuge. Just need to find what player makes Drai and Kane click and we could be off to the races.

Knob not feeling or looking pressured to play McDavid with Draisaitl is huge for sustained success in my opinion. Keep lines together that work well and only make small tweaks where necessary.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Let’s hope Knob can give them the shaft.

Knob for the Jack. You heard it here first.

Seriously though I’m very impressed with Knob’s systems. We’re making what I think are dangerous plays (i.e. going up the middle rather than the boards) but it’s working. Also, whenever someone mishandles a pass it seems like there’s another player who’s like right there and able to cover the mistake. I can’t explain it I’m not a hockey coach but it’s seems with the new system if one player is passing to another but that player whiffs on receiving the pass more often than not a third player will also be position to receive that same pass thus preventing a turnover

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Minnesota always does this. I remember last year they landed in edmonton at like 2am and still beat us.

Edit: Also, wasn't it when they beat us that turned around there season and they went on that huge run?

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
When we slumped last season we constantly had slow starts. Especially again teams like the Wild, the key Is jumping them early,like last game… I want a blowout!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad