Can The Canucks Realistically Re-Sign the Sedins Without Delaying the Youth Movement?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It really all comes down to money......Sedins, while still productive on the pp and with sheltered offensive starts, are basically third-liners now....But I can't see them willing to sign for less than $5.5m a season each.....for a team in the throes of a rebuild and a youth movement, that would make little sense.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'd be more interested in bringing them back if they agreed to play on different lines. Don't really think they'd be down with playing their final year apart though.

So then I'd only want to bring them back if the plan was to start every waiver-free prospect in Utica with the goal of a Calder run and cups if coffee.

Nov 1, 2011
If their ice is down to 12-15 mins and on the second PP, I don't see why not.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Yup. Having a rebuilding team needing to develop young forwards and instead giving 75% o-zone starts to a pair of 38 y/o defensive liabilities is insane.

That sounds like a coaching problem rather than a Sedin problem.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
As much as I am in the group that wants to move on from the Sedins they aren’t the worst problem in the way of ice time for prospects. It is the brutal contracts to mediocre veterans like Eriksson, Gagner, Sutter that are really in the way. None of these players are moveable either. Nice work Jim!

When you look at that handiwork, given where the franchise is at in the rebuild phase, how can anyone support Benning’s work as GM? A couple of decent prospects when finishing in the bottom 5 every year is no great accomplishment.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Yeah, the Sedins are not stopping the Canucks from rebuilding at all. In fact, this may be the best lie Linden has told to date

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad