Speculation: Can Tampa sign Panarin?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As shown in the Columbus series, Tampa needs players who can get in on the fore check, and win battles along the boards.

Panarin doesn't fit that description, and he would make it harder to sign players like Point.

He could perhaps help them top 128 regular season points, we'll give you that...

Sounds good for fantasy hockey though.

Otherwise, no.
Panarin is actually really good and a very aggressive forechecker he was leading the league in takeaways before the AS break he fell off around the TDL when our team had a weird transition.

Also if Bread told us he is leaving to there and TB wanted to do a sign and Trade if we could get TJ and high picks we can do it. PLD/Duchene/Johnson down the middle with our speed and style ooof what a f***ing team

Kuch didn’t want to shake his hand after the series. Artemi won’t join him now.
dont know if this is a joke but you could see Bread was smiling with him the whole time. The contrast between bread and that whiny bitch is crazy though how such opposites could be good buddies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Do they really need another skilled guy???How about getting some edge in the top 9 ??

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Kuch didn’t want to shake his hand after the series. Artemi won’t join him now.

His hands were probably full. Before the series, Tampa fans said he was going to drop off his resume. I assume Kuch had it in his hands. :sarcasm:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Panarin is actually really good and a very aggressive forechecker he was leading the league in takeaways before the AS break he fell off around the TDL when our team had a weird transition.

Also if Bread told us he is leaving to there and TB wanted to do a sign and Trade if we could get TJ and high picks we can do it. PLD/Duchene/Johnson down the middle with our speed and style ooof what a ****ing team

dont know if this is a joke but you could see Bread was smiling with him the whole time. The contrast between bread and that whiny ***** is crazy though how such opposites could be good buddies.

Keep telling yourself that.

If Tampa signs him, and he is the answer to their problems I'll publicly state I am wrong here.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Keep telling yourself that.

If Tampa signs him, and he is the answer to their problems I'll publicly state I am wrong here.
I dont think its going to happen at all I was saying if they for some reason wanted to trade with us to get his 8th year and he said he wouldnt sign with us id like to get TJ in a trade Ive wanted him since his rookie year.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
No. Tampa will drop the ball again just like they did last summer when they could have EASILY matched San Jose's offer for Karlsson.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
No. Tampa will drop the ball again just like they did last summer when they could have EASILY matched San Jose's offer for Karlsson.
Melnyk didn't want him in the Eastern Conference at all. Hence the condition of the 1st round pick from San Jose.

I have no doubt that Tampa offered a lot better.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I mean, trade some big contracts, like Callahan, Palat, Johnson and sign Point and Panarin + some cheap grinders/rookies instead?

Panarin + Kucherov on the same line could be sexy.
Tampa has tons of skill, they need to add grit and character. Trade Point for one of top picks in this draft, take his salary and sign a fre agent but not sure if Panarin is your guy?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Melnyk didn't want him in the Eastern Conference at all. Hence the condition of the 1st round pick from San Jose.

I have no doubt that Tampa offered a lot better.
Some folks in the know on our boards said we absolutely did have a better offer out.

Anyone who can see that there was a clause in that deal about EK appearing on an EC roster this year and still act like Tampa had any shot of landing him is just being willfully ignorant.

Melnyk was more worried about him not being in the East than the return they got.

Reactions: LeafsOHLRangers98

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Some folks in the know on our boards said we absolutely did have a better offer out.

Anyone who can see that there was a clause in that deal about EK appearing on an EC roster this year and still act like Tampa had any shot of landing him is just being willfully ignorant.

Melnyk was more worried about him not being in the East than the return they got.
Exactly. Same thing happened with Stone. Panthers allegedly had the best offer, but they wanted him in the West

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
If he was willing to sign for 1 year it would be possible. We should be able to clear the cap space for next year but after that it's just not possible.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Sure but Tampa's going to need to move some contracts, Like Ryan Callahan, J T Miller, Palat Killorn they can hardly afford Point as it is right now. And Panarin will get as much if not more then Brayden Point.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Sure if somebody else gives Point an offer sheet the Lightning don't want to match

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
They can't afford to, not unless they intend to trade Point.
They can if EK accept 10m and Points 8,5m for example. Point isnt getting more than Kucherov who is at 9,5.
They have the benefit of no state tax which obviously helps if an offersheet comes in at 10m for example. Wouldnt lose much if any compared to 8,5m in Tampa.

Trade Miller, trade/buyout Callahan and trade Killorn and they can make it work with a defensive core of Hedman, EK, McDonagh, Cernak, Sergachev and Foote. Offensive group of Kucherov, Stamkos, Cirelli, Gourde, Palat, Point, Johnson, Martel, Erne, Joseph, Paquette and a guy like Raddysh on his ELC.

Vasilevsky and Domingue in net.

That will be under the cap next year and they can make other changes as well if they wanna trade Palat for example. Biggest problem is that some of their forward have a NTC. Miller's NTC kicks in July 1st so would think they will trade him prior to that. Almost 50 points this season, can easily find a team that wants him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

...Maybe you missed the part where Ottawa included a condition in that trade that said SJ couldn't move Karlsson east.

There's plenty of reason to believe we did match their offer, but Ottawa didn't want Karlsson in the same division.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Would be a bit of a strange signing. He’s a great player but if cap space is an issue you cannot sign Panarin and skilled big bodied physical players that are needed without clearing out quite a few contracts.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Not only can they not afford it but it makes absolutely no sense. Tampa didn't lose to Columbus because they don't have enough skilled forwards. Absurd idea, that will not happen.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean, trade some big contracts, like Callahan, Palat, Johnson and sign Point and Panarin + some cheap grinders/rookies instead?

Panarin + Kucherov on the same line could be sexy.

Full NTC until July 2021. Why would they waive for TB when it's already built into their contract that they go to a MNTC in 2021.

TB has around $10 million in cap space, with 10 F and 4 D and 2 G under contract. Need more 7 players. Even sending out Callahan and Miller that frees up $11 million if they can find deals where they don't have to take any contract back. So, that moves them to $21 million. If you're spending $16-17 million on Panarin and Point, you will have $5 million left to sign 7 players, and Panarin/Point take the roster spots of Callahan/Miller. And TB really needs a veteran RHD if they can manage to find one. That won't come cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad