Can Lindblom and Patrick recover fully?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hey guys. I would love to see Oscar and Nolan having great careers with the flyers.

But.....

Is it worth the risk? We will pay Oscar a lot of money and Nolan maybe also. We are near the Cap Limit and need every penny. If Oscar cant reach his old performance lvl we will be in trouble. He just won a fight vs cancer and thats a great thing. But it is also a very difficult fight for your Body. He wasnt the fastest player before and maybe he now slowed down even more.

Nolan has a very difficult injury. Maybe he will never play constantly in a Sport like hockey. Concussions are very dangerous to come back. And he had one before. Now he had 1year without doing anything. Migraine disorder is already his 2nd Problem After 2 years of professionell Sport. No one can say if its ever will be solved. Maybe he will get setbacks all the Time.

I really like both of them and want them to succeed. But we also need to be realistic and open minded. Should we go in the season with Patrick and Lindblom in the top 9?

Iam undecided on this question. But i think its worth to ask and to discuss.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
They have internal replacements so to say:

Frost takes the 3C spot in case N.P. isn't cleared to play when the season starts. In the best case, both are in pretty good shape and there is a healthy competition for that spot.
In case of Lindblom, unless cancer strikes back, he should be a lock in the top-9. It's getting crowded on the wings anyway with Farabee hopefully pushing Lindblom for playing time in the top-6, which is a good problem to have.

And in terms of cap space, there is always a way to handle if flexibly via LTIR.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom looked pretty good in game 7 for a guy who hadn't played in eight months and had his rehab limited by COVID related risks. Not worried about him at all, he should be 100% in January.

Patrick. Who knows? Backstrom has had a long career, others?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
No. I think it’s clear they won’t ever be whatever fans thought they might be and we should trade them for someone we can count on to play. Preferably a sniper.

Reactions: Jtown and VladDrag

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's Oskar. The kid just had bone cancer. Get his name right.

Yes, they can both recover. They're still quite young. Lindblom already started being effective in game 2 s/p Ewing's Sarcoma. Patrick...well obviously the key is getting his issue under control. If he does and can just focus on hockey again, he'll be fine

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys. I would love to see Oscar and Nolan having great careers with the flyers.

But.....

Is it worth the risk? We will pay Oscar a lot of money and Nolan maybe also. We are near the Cap Limit and need every penny. If Oscar cant reach his old performance lvl we will be in trouble. He just won a fight vs cancer and thats a great thing. But it is also a very difficult fight for your Body. He wasnt the fastest player before and maybe he now slowed down even more.

Nolan has a very difficult injury. Maybe he will never play constantly in a Sport like hockey. Concussions are very dangerous to come back. And he had one before. Now he had 1year without doing anything. Migraine disorder is already his 2nd Problem After 2 years of professionell Sport. No one can say if its ever will be solved. Maybe he will get setbacks all the Time.

I really like both of them and want them to succeed. But we also need to be realistic and open minded. Should we go in the season with Patrick and Lindblom in the top 9?

In covid world you you don't give Okcar 3 year 9m out of the goodness of your heart.1 year 1m maybe. But that contract tell me he is playing. Whether cancer comes back God only knows that answer.
Patrick who knows. I wouldn't be stunned if he played under 25 games and he is a Seattle Krakken. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 40 points and was an excellent 3c in 20-21.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Package them with Gostisbehere for a 2nd
f4e3cbb0dafc8f9360e613e897e2e858.png

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

But.....

Lindblom, yes. He's 23, cancer in remission. So unless the cancer returns, he should be fine.

Patrick, who knows?

From a quick Google search, here's a list of athletes who ended up having productive careers despite frequent migraines -

Troy Aikman
Serena Williams
Scottie Pippen
Nicklas Backstrom
DeShone Kizer
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Andrew Bogut
Terrell Davis
Gail Devers
Percy Harvin
Denard Span
Dwayne Wade
Jason Williams
Ian Thorpe

I only recognize like 3-4 names on that list, but for others who do, you'd be able to tell how productive the other ones were.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Lindblom, yes. He's 23, cancer in remission. So unless the cancer returns, he should be fine.

Patrick, who knows?

From a quick Google search, here's a list of athletes who ended up having productive careers despite frequent migraines -

Troy Aikman
Serena Williams
Scottie Pippen
Nicklas Backstrom
DeShone Kizer
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Andrew Bogut
Terrell Davis
Gail Devers
Percy Harvin
Denard Span
Dwayne Wade
Jason Williams
Ian Thorpe

I only recognize like 3-4 names on that list, but for others who do, you'd be able to tell how productive the other ones were.

Off the top of my head, I believe at least 5 - Aikman, S. Williams, Pippen, Abdul-Jabbar, and Terrell Davis are hall of famers in their respective sports. Devers was an Olympic gold medalist. Harvin, Wade, Backstrom, and J. Williams were all good to excellent iirc.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I think Patrick will recover. But he may not be what we need or would want until after next year.

Patrick, who knows?

Troy Aikman
Serena Williams
Scottie Pippen
Nicklas Backstrom
DeShone Kizer
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Andrew Bogut
Terrell Davis
Gail Devers
Percy Harvin
Denard Span
Dwayne Wade
Jason Williams
Ian Thorpe

Lots of stars in their sport on that list. Lots.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Off the top of my head, I believe at least 5 - Aikman, S. Williams, Pippen, Abdul-Jabbar, and Terrell Davis are hall of famers in their respective sports. Devers was an Olympic gold medalist. Harvin, Wade, Backstrom, and J. Williams were all good to excellent iirc.
Ian Thorpe was a multi gold medalists and on the podium a lot in the olympics. Swimmer for Australia

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

Patrick, who knows?

Troy Aikman
Serena Williams
Scottie Pippen
Nicklas Backstrom
DeShone Kizer
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Andrew Bogut
Terrell Davis
Gail Devers
Percy Harvin
Denard Span
Dwayne Wade
Jason Williams
Ian Thorpe

Remember when Crosby was one hit away from his career being over?

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Oskar has played, so he should be expected to continue. Patrick, well head issues are far less easier to predict recovery, and we have 88 reasons to worry.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Patrick is impossible to say.

Medical science didn't even fully comprehend what the true root cause of a migraine was until early in this decade. Whether he gets control or not is completely up in the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad