Can Draisaitl & McDavid hit 85 points 2021 season?

Can they hit 85 points in this shortened season?

• Total voters

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hey all stealing this from sportscentre and the question was do you think they can hit 85 points separately.

Now thats a pace above 1.5 points per game.
1 guy said yes to both 1 guy said no to both.

Let's see what hfboards thinks.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I predict this year will be the absolute peak form of McDavid, I'm expecting 90-95 points over a full 56 game season.

Draisaitl will likely take a little step back, but i'm still expecting atleast a 100 points pace, so i'm guessing ≈70 pts

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted option 2, they both miss.

"Can they" - of course. I just say they won't. If either/both miss even a few games to injury, they miss, and I say they both miss. I also predict the Art Ross isn't won by them.

Reactions: Schred

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Connor will, Leon will be close.

Connor will be itching to go after that lose in the play ins and completely healthy. The two of them will torch the league, but I see Connor continuing his career trajectory and taking another step forwards.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm torn. I think McDavid plays some of his best hockey this year, but if he and Draisaitl stay separated and the PP naturally regresses to the mean, I'm not sure if playing better will necessarily mean more points, especially if RNH and Yammers stay with Drai. Same deal for Draisaitl, who I also suspect will fall a bit in terms of his offensive play from last year naturally (I'm assuming that will be known as his peak offensive season). At the same time the division is ripe with defenses that can be torn apart, which will help, but I'm also not sure if they try to play a more defensive game for the benefit of the team, which won't. I think they'll both be close but I wanna say yes to McDavid and no to Drai. I'm thinking 86 for McDavid, 78 for Drai

Reactions: voxel

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
McDavid yes

28 goals 61 assists for 89 in 56 taking 3 of 4 major awards

Draisaitl no
34 goals and 41 assists for 75 in 56. Coming 3rd-5th in ross race

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Everybody assumes 56 games will be played? Yeah... not happening. Maybe 50 at best. There will be outbreaks and two week long quarantines.

I think 70-75pt is the peak for this year. Depends if they hand PPs like candy and how goalies can handle the workload. I could be completely wrong and the top 5 score 100pts.

Reactions: GreeningOil

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
I predict this year will be the absolute peak form of McDavid, I'm expecting 90-95 points over a full 56 game season.

Draisaitl will likely take a little step back, but i'm still expecting atleast a 100 points pace, so i'm guessing ≈70 pts
Honestly could see McDavid with 90-95 in 56. Only because of the unique circumstances with the season and how bad defensively the division he’s in.

Then we’ll hear about how he’s a 140 point player, even though he may never get to that point total in his career. Or that he would have hit 140 points had a full season been played.

Reactions: TheGuiminator

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Honestly could see McDavid with 90-95 in 56. Only because of the unique circumstances with the season and how bad defensively the division he’s in.

Then we’ll hear about how he’s a 140 point player, even though he may never get to that point total in his career. Or that he would have hit 140 points had a full season been played.

Yep, even 100 points isn’t out of reach tbh. He’s gonna eat that Canadian Divison alive.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I think they can ‘cause they don’t care about defense.

You can really tell who actually watches McDavid and Draisaitl play, and who just watches highlights, or is just here for a quick quote and provide zero evidence for discussion.
Or the people who would rather look at a spreadsheet and repeat exactly what it says rather than draw conclusions based on what they see.

For the past 3 seasons until around Christmas time this season when Yamamoto came up and things finally started to gel, it was the McDavid and Draisaitl show. If these guys weren't setting something up, we weren't scoring and we weren't winning. These guys were saddled with third and fourth liners on their wings (McDavid even managed to turn guys like Chiasson, Maroon and Kassian into players with first line production, couldn't do anything about Lucic unfortunately) and had zero support through the lineup. They were forced to take chances and dedicate almost all of their effort to driving the play down the ice as opposed to running a defensive system.
This creates higher danger chances for, but also a higher volume of chances against because the defensive system is not in place, and that was by design, with McLellan, Hitchcock, and Tippett until this January. McDavid and Draisaitl were assigned to score at all costs, while the other lines basically exist to try to limit chances against, because they sure as f*** weren't scoring.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
You can really tell who actually watches McDavid and Draisaitl play, and who just watches highlights, or is just here for a quick quote and provide zero evidence for discussion.
Or the people who would rather look at a spreadsheet and repeat exactly what it says rather than draw conclusions based on what they see.

For the past 3 seasons until around Christmas time this season when Yamamoto came up and things finally started to gel, it was the McDavid and Draisaitl show. If these guys weren't setting something up, we weren't scoring and we weren't winning. These guys were saddled with third and fourth liners on their wings (McDavid even managed to turn guys like Chiasson, Maroon and Kassian into players with first line production, couldn't do anything about Lucic unfortunately) and had zero support through the lineup. They were forced to take chances and dedicate almost all of their effort to driving the play down the ice as opposed to running a defensive system.
This creates higher danger chances for, but also a higher volume of chances against because the defensive system is not in place, and that was by design, with McLellan, Hitchcock, and Tippett until this January. McDavid and Draisaitl were assigned to score at all costs, while the other lines basically exist to try to limit chances against, because they sure as f*** weren't scoring.
Pretty spot on, but what is different going into this season? Barrie is all offense and actually a step back defensively. Turris is whatever Turris is. Yamamoto's shooting % will come down. Are they actually better?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thought I'd bump my thread. McDavid needs 1 point per game which is below his insane pace.

Crazy I voted against him but looks like a third of you are right on this prediction.

Reactions: Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad