Votes: 65 86.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • misses by a few

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Seems like he got pp1 on lock + already hit 50 ish, however not sure how offense will be as Lambert seems to be an offense black hole like Trotz

Any chance he can hit 55 + ?

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I hope so. Dobson sometimes looks hesitant with the puck on PP. I would like to see him more aggressive and attack the pk more and have more of a sense of urgency carrying the puck up after a clear.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Islanders could find a way to have a middle of the road PP he might crack 60

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
For all the flack we can give Dobson, the last thing i'll complain about him is his offensive production. He'll get to that 45-50 range. We just need him to be productive on the PP.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
He will finish over 60, no doubt. But he need to improve defense in own end.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
These people aren't watching the game are they? I don't think anyone who is would say he's been outstanding.
He's doing well. It's still early to say, but it feels like the beginning of the next step. I will point out, that in junior his two-way play was considered the strength of his game. So there is a framework for him to be a better defensive d-man. Also he is expected to hit the Potvin 300 game mark for defenders this year.

Who knows, if he keeps this up he may finally get back into the conversation as a trade target by Canuck fans?

Dobson for Tyler Myers, Anthony Beauvillier and a second. Who say's no?

Myers to take up Dobson's minutes. Did you hear? Beau is Barzal's friend. They can help each other out. :sarcasm:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He's doing well. It's still early to say, but it feels like the beginning of the next step. I will point out, that in junior his two-way play was considered the strength of his game. So there is a framework for him to be a better defensive d-man. Also he is expected to hit the Potvin 300 game mark for defenders this year.

Who knows, if he keeps this up he may finally get back into the conversation as a trade target by Canuck fans?

Dobson for Tyler Myers, Anthony Beauvillier and a second. Who say's no?

Myers to take up Dobson's minutes. Did you hear? Beau is Barzal's friend. They can help each other out. :sarcasm:

He's had his moments each way so far. They're definitely trying to push him to become a top pairing guy so there are growing pains. The thing I can't stand is when he's passive and just stands next to guys rather than eliminating them. It's early yet, my threshold is always the ten game mark before I start really keying in on guys for dumb shit.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
He's had his moments each way so far. They're definitely trying to push him to become a top pairing guy so there are growing pains. The thing I can't stand is when he's passive and just stands next to guys rather than eliminating them. It's early yet, my threshold is always the ten game mark before I start really keying in on guys for dumb shit.

He does need to get more aggressive in the defensive zone, but he seems to have gotten a bit stronger, is winning more puck battles, and blocking more shots. He looks like he has a lot of confidence thus far. Moving the puck quicker and creating a lot of good scoring chances. His shot is finding its way to the net too. I think he has shown a lot of improvement so far. Hopefully Pelech can get it together and they could be a very good pairing.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I know I will sound like a grumpy old guy, but there really aren't many defensemen any more who are all-around studs like Potvin, Bourque, Robinson, Chelios, Lidstrom, etc.. Most of the top guys now are offensive skating D who make their share of defensive mistakes. Hedman at his best is an exception - I really can't think of others right now. The game is just different - maybe too many fast guys and teams now rely more on their goaltenders to handle shots and play more to limit the really high end chances?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad