Can Crosby or Fehr score 50 in 50??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
It's kind of a forgotten accomplishment in this day and age but these two guys are scoring at a phenomenal pace in their respective leagues. :bow:

Fehr might be a bit of a longshot right now, but you never know what will happen and he could easily score 60 goals this year in the WHL.

As for Crosby, well, not much more can be said, but there is not another player in the Q that is even remotely close to scoring 50 in 50, which makes it even more amazing. And remember he's doing this all at 17 yrs old.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Fehr would need three straight hat tricks, so no.
Crosby needs 9 goals in 7 games, 50-50's a stretch but a definite possibility.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Leachmeister2000 said:
Fehr would need three straight hat tricks, so no.
Crosby needs 9 goals in 7 games, 50-50's a stretch but a definite possibility.

I'm sure if Crosby cared enough to, be could do it. I'm not sure if thats the first thing on his mind right now tho..

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Neither will do it IMO. I think Sidney may have 48 or 49 in 50 though. He's currently on quite the goal-scoring tear, with 12 goals in his last 6 games.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Unless the Q site is messed up... Crosby just got a hat trick today and now has 44 goals in 44 games with a period left :eek:

Maybe the kid can do it...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The Albino said:
Unless the Q site is messed up... Crosby just got a hat trick today and now has 44 goals in 44 games with a period left :eek:

Maybe the kid can do it...

Yeah, no points in the first half of the game then 8 minutes later he has 3 goals all at equal strength and one unassisted.

Scalzo assisted on the other 2. He seems to fitting in like a dirty shirt. Rimouski has not lost a game in the 9 he's been in the line-up.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
I don't know if it's just me, but 50 goals in 50 games....doesn't really do it for me, when it's in Junior

Wow, Mike Bossy, and all along I was thinking you were just a troll. :D

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
eddiedaeagle20 said:
I wouldn't bet against him, the guy is amazing. But I think it would be more impressive if he did it in a league that plays defense.

Certainly not in the Dub. We wouldn't want to wake the fans up now, would we? :joker:

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
eddiedaeagle20 said:
I wouldn't bet against him, the guy is amazing. But I think it would be more impressive if he did it in a league that plays defense.

That's probably why he netted 6 in 6 at the world juniors!!! Caus the world doesn't know how to play defense either!

Good chance that we have people from de OHL and WHL on this earth :clap:

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
eddiedaeagle20 said:

You mean like the OHL? A league which scores on average more goals per game then the QMJHL?

I didnt think so :D

Its unreal what Crosby is doing right now. Those negative comments from the top prospects game organizers and Don Cherry might have lit a fire under Sidney, he's pissed off and he's taking it out on every team in the league.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
And it was a natural hat-trick. By the way, Crosby has a better assists per game ratio than the second highest scoring player in his team has in points. Plus he's averaging one goal per game. And he's been held pointless in only one game this season!

I can't beleive there's people bashing this guy. He's really awesome.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
I don't know if it's just me, but 50 goals in 50 games....doesn't really do it for me, when it's in Junior
50.......hmmmm.... that reminds me,I used to drink Labatt 50,but
since it will be you buying when the Oceanic win the Memorial Cup,
make it an expensive import. :D

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Unbiased Canadian said:

How many other players in junior are possibly going to score 50/50 this year?

Or any other recent year?

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
Hahaha good... wow it's really amazing when you look at it: 50 goals in 39 games.

I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but did he score 5 goals in the 39th game to do it?

Anyways, if Crosby makes it, that's a huge accomplishment, let it be in Junior or in the league of the wonderful province of Québec.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
eddiedaeagle20 said:

These stats should be posted because i find myself repeating them daily on here:

The WHL scores .2 less goals per game than the QMJHL. That equals 1 goal every 5 games!!!

Wake up people!!!

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
His ppg is 2.48 at the moment (2.11 pre world junior) and it seems to be growing at an exponential rate. There is about 17-18 games left to the season, he's had 35 points in the last 9 games. That's almost four points per game since returning. If he increases his ppg rate for the rest of the season, he will end up with 512 points hence beating Marc Fortier's record.

Projection: 2.48 ppg GP62 G62 A92 PTS154
Provided he stays at a 3ppg clip for the remainder of the season:
GP62 PTS163 PPG2.63

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I hope Crosby will score his 50th goal tuesday against Chicoutimi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad